We came to the hotel for 11 days late Sept/Oct 2012 and over all we were very happy and would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's too expensive too attract the chavs but also not so expensive that its full of stuck up people. The staff were diverse and friendly like the guests and they catered well for the English, Spanish, Eastern European and Scandinavian patrons. The hotel is about 50mins coach ride from the airport and the hotel is about 10mins walk from the black sand beach and small parade of shops, banks and restaurant/bars. The rooms are clean and nice even though the house keeping comes every other day and the minibar only has beer, coke and water in it. The pools are great - one large one kids and adults but no inflatables, another large one for everyone where inflatables are allowed, two small pools for small children and a pool with a scary looking slide but its actually fine for 2+ (just wait for them at the bottom). The food and drink is 'all inclusive' all day which is good but as you can imagine it gets boring after 7-11 days. Even though the selection is massive after a 7 days you will have had everything. The entertainment is great if your into that kind of thing. Everything from football, water polo, spinning and water aerobics for the adults to arts and crafts and sports and dance for the kids (3-13) if your kids are younger there is a crèche and if they are older they will probably want to go off and do their own thing. Finally the tours they try to push to you. Loro parque (like a zoo) and Siam park (a water park) are great if you have maybe slightly older kids. My wife and I took our 2 year old and 7 week old so we went to jungle park and aqua land and we felt these two place we much better for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes has been designed down to the smallest detail for familes and couples wishing to spend their holidays in an incomparable location, enjoying our excellent facilities to the full. Superbly located in Tenerife South, it enjoys spectacular views over to the island of La Gomera and the Lod Gigantes cliff. 500 Meters away from Plaua La Arena beach. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Costa Los Gigantes Hotel Puerto De Santiago
- Costa Los Gigantes Hotel
- Be Live Family Costa Los Gigantes Tenerife/Puerto De Santiago