“fantastic, helpful staff, fabulous location”
Review of Club La Mar

and 1 more site!
Club La Mar
“fantastic, helpful staff, fabulous location”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Reception staff extremely helpful, assisted me with hiring equipment for my baby and with all the great excursions on the island. room was well presented, simple and affordable. only 5mins from beach.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank krin87
GeckoExcursions, Guest Relations Manager at Club La Mar, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your Review....we look forward to seeing you again at Christmas

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
suffolk, uk
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived at the Club la Mar around 1230pm. We were unable to check in that early, but staff assured us the room would soon be ready for us. Within an hour, our apartment was ready, complete with the welcome package I'd booked on line. Jenny was on reception, and she really couldn't do enough to help.
The apartment was very well equipped: during the week we really didn't want for anything. All the little extras are included, like an iron and hair dryer. The beds are not terribly comfortable, but are fine for a short break. And the main bathroom didn't smell too pleasant either... The only two complaints we came up with. The apartment was cleaned completely on our 3rd day, and the towels were changed. This was sufficient for us. We had a couple of minor problems, like not being able to lock the safe, but maintenance staff were there within 10 mins to fix.
Be prepared for the apartment to be HOT, there is no air con. There are fans which we left on day and night.
The resort is very hilly, so be prepared to get your flat shoes out. It isn't the best place to go if you have a physically disabled person in your party.
The pool is not big, but the four of us in our party got a bed together everyday, whatever time of day we went.
We were all impressed by the variety of food available, all within a twenty minute walk. The prices were pretty reasonable too, and there was very little hard selling by representatives on the sidewalk, which I've seen in other Tenerife resorts. The prices are good too, and we always asked for a free bottle of wine and always got one!
Underneath the apartment there is a very nice restaurant which serves a good paella. The staff in there are very friendly, and speak broken English apart from Roberto who is fluent.
Our holiday was about a restful week. This is what we got; don't go to Club la Mar looking for a week of clubbing.
I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a short break in the sun.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front, which overlooks a fairly busy road, but it didn't disturb us at all...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank kady2109
Vilseck, Germany
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Let me first start by saying......PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update your address. lol. well needless to say I drove to Santiago Del Teide......the hotel is not there...instead it is in Puerto De Santiago which is directly below Santiago Del Teide about a 15 minute drive or so and maybe 500m lower elevation... now that we have that settled lets begin.

My family and I stayed there from 3 June to 10 June 2012. 2 adults and a 4 year old.

Room: For me, I liked it. stayed at another resort in Marbella, Spain in November which I thought was better but that was mainland Spain so different styles. We had a 2 bedroom apartment. The electricty charge was 21euros for the week. not bad I think especially with me being American...well lets just say if you dont use it you lose it...so I use it. my Wife on the other hand is German and believes in conservation.....conflict of interest but back to the hotel. The room was clean and orderly.....one thing which has been mentioned before......no air conditioning.....and in summer you really need it. but the breeze in this area of the island is awesome. but I will get to that. The showers were nice. but be careful the hot water is exactly that......really hot. and with the heat it doesnt match lol. the Kitchen was well equipped. there was one thing missing in my opinion.......an iron. there was an ironing board but no iron. and I like my clothes not wrinkled. The balcony is nice and well worth the room. especially for a nice evening sitting enjoying the breeze with sangria. So I give the room a "A" for the room

Hotel Service: in my opinion was great...one note though..........house keeping is only once a week if you are an RCI member....other Timeshare owners can have up to 3 times a week.....kind of a let down but oh well. the front desk is very nice and when I had an issue trying to work the washing machine because my wife asked for help......well as a man I knew what I was doing but I was being nice and letting the maintenance man come show us how to use it....lol...ok i had no clue.... but he was up to our room within 3 minutes after our call. so I give the hotel a "A-" for Service.

Atmosphere: Well Puerto Del Santiago is NICE! the hotel was very quiet and barely had any noise at all in the evenings. around our last two nights, a lively bunch of younger men came to the hotel and started to be a little loud but I am guessing that got fixed since I didnt hear much after the first night of them partying. as some one stated before.........there is a small restaurant under the hotel...............OUTSTANDING to say the least. FRIENDLY! and surprisingly the food was awesome. The two brothers who work there are very nice and give you tips on what is good to eat....normally i blow people off but they told my wife to get a steak of fresh tuna and she was alittle nervous but when they brought it out well.....i almost jacked her for it. but my Pollo asado was awesome. and their Paella is to die for. There is a Austrian/German restaurant to the south (exit the hotel and go left) called Am Eck. The owner.....Willi.....is nice and the food was great. Of course the beer was great too when watching a Soccer game!

Other than this. there is not much else to say about the Hotel and the location.....WAIT!! the beach

Beach: BLACK SAND! do the math......BURNING HOT ON YOUR FEET. so wear flip flops until you get to the sand that is so absorbed with the sea water. the beach was awesome though except for burning my feet with open toed flip flops. and the sun beds at the beach cost 3 euros each.

If you have family and want a quiet vacation I would recommend this resort. if you are looking to enjoy some night life then please dont waste your time here unless you are willing to drive for it.

Room Tip: get sea side better view unless you want to look at the pool area.,.......your choice but the sea si...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank SFCQ2000
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We stayed in club la mar for a week in june 2012.very quiet but we went a week after school holidays.overall the resort is a very good one and recently updated,maid service is very good and they always helped. us out when needed and same for reception staff.pool area is well maintained with a good sun lounger area.recommend the restaurant downstairs very good food and lovely family run,also casa pepe and chinatown 2 excellent food.resort is within a small town with lots of shops and supermarkets but avoid the shops who sell cameras as pushy sales and some will try and rip you off.well worth a walk around the coastal path into puerto santiago, shops are good and helpful friendly staff.would visit again overall one of our best holidays just needs airconditioning in rooms.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank jquizz
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed here 3rd-17th April in a two bedroom appartment. Very well equipped, everything you need for an enjoyable stay. The whole complex was clean and tidy at all times while we where there. Our appartment was cleaned every 3 or 4 days including towel and bedding change. We were in appartment 65 overlooking the main road which was good as you had a nice view, but during the night it could get noisy with people going past and also traffic noise- not that there was a lot of traffic it was mostly due to a speed hump just outside. Something i would like to mention is the hot water - especially in the kitchen it was very hot! The pool area was ok but it could do with a few more sunbeds. To use the pool you have to go up some steps and you need your key to get in, when coming back out there isn't much room from closing the door you feel like you are going to fall down the stairs. I can imagine it to be a bit of a struggle with small children. But saying that the beach is only 5-10 minute walk away (turn left as you come out of the complex).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ElaineE236
Worcestershire
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The apartments on this complex are all available to buy, but only 5 are privately owned. This is a sign of the market at the moment so the apartments are rented out. They are fully equiped for a self catering holiday with a full oven, fridge freezer, utensils for 6 people, washing machine, ironing board & iron and a good drying area - take your own pegs if you are intending to do washing while you are there. We were there for 11 nights and the apartment was cleaned twice in that time. The pool area is small and there are only a few sunbeds. We managed to get one most of the time but, as most of the people staying there were British, the sunbeds were reserved as soon as the pool area opened at 10am. This could be a bigger problem at peak times. Our apartment was at the front of the complex. The main road didn't bother us but we did get the afternoon sun on the main bedroom which made it very warm when we were getting ready to go out. There is no air conditioning, only ceiling fans. There were 4 of us staying in the apartment and it was plenty big enough for all of us. However, the hot water tank was too small so only 2 people could have a shower and the other two had to wait for the water to heat up again. The resort was quiet when we were there over Easter. There are a lot of empty retail units underneath the apartments and a lot up for sale around the resort.

All of the restaurants we visited were good, especially Casa Pepe which was excellent but you do need to book. For drinks, The Arena Bar seemed to be the best value. We visited Monkey Park which is just outside Los Cristianos. You need to catch the bus to Los Cristianos and then a taxi is about 5 euros. It is really good to feed the monkeys in the enclosure and it provided a good morning out.

We booked through Alpharooms and we were not charged the additional fee for gas and electric that has been mentioned in previous reviews.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have a sea view and get the afternoon sun on the balcony. However, they do f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ManUtdFan20
Aalborg, Denmark
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We had a 2 bedroom flat overlooking the pools. When got to the hotel about 2am after being picked up by a taxi arranged by the hotel for us. The guy at the reception was waiting for us and happy to take us to our flat. The flat was very clean and a good size. The staff at the reception was very helpfull during our stay. Their are two pools, one being a good size and one being a kids pool, however they are not heated so a bit cold during the winter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Globales Tamaimo Tropical
Globales Tamaimo Tropical
#8 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
Be Live Family Costa los Gigantes
Be Live Family Costa los Gigante...
#2 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
El Marques Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group
El Marques Palace by Intercorp H...
#6 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago
Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar
Blue Sea Lagos de Cesar
#10 of 10 in Puerto de Santiago

Been to Club La Mar? Share your experiences!