This hotel deserves its good reviews. From the outside it is one big carbuncle! On the inside it has been tastefully refurbished. The rooms are on the small side and the higher up you are the better view but, anything above the fourth floor gives great views of the coastline.
We felt the double rooms for sun lovers were best. The superior rooms although a little larger with a seating area have balconies that are shaded by the exterior circular arches. Look at a picture of the hotel and you will see what I mean.
There is an excellent gym, free wifi (ask for the code at reception). For those who do not wish to take their lap top there is a computer in the library which you can use free of charge.
In the rooms there is a free safe that a small note book or iPad fit into. There is no kettles in the rooms so take one. There is an excellent super market at the back do the town where the locals shop for your English tea bags and coffee. It has a little cafe just inside the door where you can buy coffee and pastries. Ask for a galall with milk and you will get a large coffee. On a Friday you can pick up the free English news paper here.
The rooms have a flat screen tv which shows all five English tv channels. Football is shown in the bar. If they are not showing the match you know is on tv on the notice board (not really updated regularly). Just ask the bar man he will find the channel for you and happily put it on. All the staff are helpful and cheeful.
The food is good although not huge choices but always a fish or meat dish, plenty of salad and selection of deserts and fruit.
Three times a week the hotel run a free shuttle bus too Tivera and Villa Real San Antonio. From VRSA take the ferry across the river to Spain which is only 1.40 euros.
The beach at Altura is long sandy and full of shells turn left and walk for an hour to Monte Gordo, turn right and walk half an hour to Manta Rota.
This is a hotel for those who like a quiet location. We visited in January for one month and there were quiet a few older visitors who spend the winter months here. At weekends you get an influx of locals. I dare say in the busier summer months things hot up but even in January there were a few restaurants and cafe/bars open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eurotel Altura is located on the lovely Altura beach, in the East Algarve. All rooms have a private balcony and boost spectacular views of the sea. Buffet breakfast is included and there is free parking in the hotel.The hotel has an outdoor pool, garden area, tennis court, mini-golf, restaurant, snack bar and bar. The recently built Wellness Center has a hydrotherapy area with Turkish bath, Caribbean Shower and relaxation area. It also has massage and treatment rooms as well as a fully equipped gymnasium.Eurotel Altura also has available a special area for the younger guests, offering a Kids Club with full entertainment programme all year round.The hotel is located only 10 minutes from 6 golf courses and Faro International Airport is only 40 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurotel Altura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurotel Altura Hotel Altura
- Eurotel Altura Hotel Beach
- Eurotel Altura Algarve, Portugal