Gorilla Mist Camp
Jumia Travel
TripAdvisor
Jumia Travel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot water bottlestea and coffeethe main lodgebwindi impenetrable forestsolar panelstwo large double bedsmountain rangecamera batteriespacked lunchamazing viewsstayed here for one nightin advanceeach eveningthe entire experienceplenty of blanketswater cominghigh altitude
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a 3 night stay at this lodge. Accommodation is in bandas set below the main building with views over Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Romms were of a good standard. Hot water is switched on by request from the main building, but is plentiful when required. Electricity is provided by a generator and recharging of phones and cameras is done in the restaurant.
Food was of a high standard. Steak in pepper sauce was particularly good. Members of staff were friendly and helpful.
One word of warning. Ruhija is at altitude and it is cold at night and in the mornings. A nice touch from the camp is a hot water bottle in your bed when you return from dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I arrived to an hotel that was supposed to be a luxury one,( that was I had paid for) and it did not have wifi and many details to qualify for that. But it is located in an amazing place, service is excellent( specially at the restaurant) and they have the best hot water bottles ever!!
Aside of the hotel there is a school that is still in my memory and in my heart.They have almost nothing to work with, the school has no electricity, they are really poor, but the kids and the teachers are the most amazing people.Please help them if you go there!Take books and tshirts for them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Raquel M
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place has the most incredible views over Bwindi Park. Unfortunately, the management gets in their own way (egos), and do not know about details. Some of the furnishings are scrambled and mismatched, a second planned shower in the rooms (unnecessary) takes up space where there should be shelves and hanging space for clothes, etc. Food is not purchased until clients pay, so often items are missing (such as milk for coffee!).

I hope others offer similar advice so this could be as great a place as possible*

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel and were very comfortable. We had driven from Kigali, Rwanda into Uganda and arrived at 10:15 PM to be greeted by very welcoming staff who proceeded to present us with a delicious 4 course meal. Our room, in our own cottage, was comfortable; the bed had 2 hot water bottles to warm us and after our long journey we slept very soundly. The next day was spent at Bwindi Impenetrable Forest finding and watching the gorillas, an experience never to be forgotten. Our tour agency, Primate Safaris, located in Kampala, couldn't have been better. We organized everything over the internet and Flo, at the agency, was incredibly efficient. Our guide, Andrew or Andy, was excellent, and we were delighted that he was very interested in bird watching. We spent one more night here, had another excellent meal and then had to move on. I would highly recommend the hotel, as well as the tour agency, Primate Safaris for providing us with a very comfortable place to stay as well as a real taste of Uganda.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happytrav66
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

After an 8 hour drive from Kampala, I could not have been happier to arrive at an accommodation of this standard. Greated by a beaming hostess with a face towel and fresh juice, I was seated and welcomed, then given an orientation to the accommodation. The restaurant and open fire area has breathtaking views over the forest (as does the bar). The accommodation I had was a simple twin room with a clean bathroom. Hot water for showering was available on request within 5 minutes. A new addition has been solar panels and they offer 24 hour electricity (not avail 2 months ago) but still provide torches as the lighting is often not adequate. Heating is covered with a hot water bottle which was more than enough.
The food was incredible, certainly better than I'd expected.

Of note I was the only one at the entire "camp" and it was remarkable how this place kept running as if to capacity. I couldn't thank the staff enough.

• Stayed: March 2013