“Gorilla's!”

and up
3 day Gorilla Tracking Tour to Bwindi National Park
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Kabale
Reviewed March 2, 2013

An experience of a lifetime. Finding our way through the impenetrable forest for 3,5 hours to find the gorilla family we were tracking was more han worth it. Standing face to face with mountain gorilla's was one of the many highlights during our overland tour from Uganda to South Africa.

1  Thank AniqueJ

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I don't need to go on here about how great the gorilla trekking was, as there are enough other people doing that, and suffice to say that even for a fairly unfit person it was incredible and not too physically tough. I just wanted to say how good Jungle Safaris are. It is always a bit nerve wracking booking over the internet with people you have never met, but these guys were great. Among the cheapest company I found, but the service was flawless - we stayed in a very nice hotel in Bwindi (Gift of Nature Lodge), and best of all, when I left my sunglasses in this remote guesthouse, not only did the lovely people there post them to Kampala, the even lovelier people at Jungle Safaris posted them to England for me. And the got to me in one piece, amazingly speedily! So there is my recommendation if you are looking for a tour company!!

1  Thank Asgbooth
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This park offers excursions to the gorillas, golden monkeys, bird walks.
There are many endemic bird species in this Parc what makes this a really nice place to visit.
The gorillas of course, are a beautiful experience!

1  Thank Bram L
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A once in a lifetime experience. They are professional, have everything sorted out to make it a successful, safe and memorable adventure. The drive to get there is long and exhausting or you can fly then drive for just an hour 1/2, we drove coming in and flew back. One needs the appropriate clothing to trudge through the dense forest, take rain gear and double check your camera gear, be prepared. One persons battery died after "one" picture and also one party at our hotel found that their travel agent book their permit on the "wrong day" so they did NOT get to trek so be certain to check your permit dates before you arrive. The gorillas are beyond description, suffice to say it was quite a memorable experience. There are afternoon treks to see the waterfalls, etc. and the little town is pleasant with a bit of shopping. One of the few places we have been that I truly want to return to with my family and friends, experience it again!

3  Thank Mi-Dan20
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My trip to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest was so exciting and memorable. Having to see the mt Gorillas face to face was memorable enough. Thanks to Anne of Virunga Wild Excursins & Travel. She made sure my trip was on time and perfect.

2  Thank Sarah S