“Best fillet of my life”
Review of Zandbar Restuarant - CLOSED

Zandbar Restuarant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Although this looks like a fish restaurant, it makes the best steak and even a better fillet! for such a small price. I've lived in Capetown for 2 months and this was definitely the best restaurant of them all. I ate there for at least half a dozen times.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Yes, they are falling in the usual Cape Town trap.I thought they had made it, but no...same same old story!
We arrived at about 21:10... Didn't think it was a problem as it is advertised everywhere they closed at 22:00....... Only to be greater at the top of the stairs with " sorry we are closed"..... That's it!!
We scurried across to Primi Piatta and were greated with open arms and had a wonderful meal. What can I say.......won't be plugging Catch22 to all my friends in the future! Seriously disapponted.... Another laxidasical Cape Town restaurant. Change your operating hours to " whenever we want to close"!! Not so misleading!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Love Catch22.....and have made it our local fave. We take all our friends there as the atmosphere is good and we have never had a bad meal. The sushi is great - very fresh. The catch of the day - kabeljou (or cob) is divine and beautifully cooked as was the Norwegian salmon. The management is great and very aware of their customers needs, but I do feel the staff may require a bit more training.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We visited Catch22 for an early dinner and had a relaxed enjoyable meal! The mussel starter was good, but the chilli-crusted calamari starter will be remembered for a loong time, for our main course we chose rump steak - very nice. The waiter was very friendly.

1  Thank CarinTredoux
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Far happier with the new restaurant. Only eaten there once, but the sushi, alt Hugh a small menu, was really fresh and good. We went for a quick dinner and thoroughly enjoyed it. Someone needs to update this restaurant to the new name.........