We stayed here for just one night and found a haven of perfection. The staff are helpful, friendly, professional and personal. The chateau has been refurbished to a very high standard of finish and design. The wooden floors are glorious and looking down into the cellar through the glass floor is an unusual touch. It is beautiful to look at and easy to be in, with corners to sit in and views of the wonderful grounds. It is comfortable and relaxing.
The gardens are meticulously kept and a walk through their various areas [on well-kept paths] is peaceful and interesting. The trees will delight the enthusiast - including a very old Wellingtonia.
The Chateau de Beaulieu is famous for its 'bistronomic' cuisine - and justifiably so. We ate in the bistro, having the menu that included selected wines. This is the perfect experience. The nibbles with champagne cocktails, the soup and terrines, the breads, the salted butter, the main courses and desserts were perfect and accompanied by well-selected wines.
One of the tests of such a restaurant is its approach to a vegetarian. And it was spectacularly good! The selection of a different wine for the vegetarian dishes showed the seriousness of the enterprise. Each dish for both the carnivore and the vegetarian, was prepared and presented with attention to detail - they food looked and tasted as though skilled and proud love had gone into every stage.
The front-of-house is so important to a dining room - and the team of waiting staff, under the watchful eye of the maitre d', were always unobtrusively aware of exactly what was happening. Quiet, effective and friendly professionalism also characterised them. We were impressed and not surprised that on a Wednesday the bistro was almost full.
Despite the wifi not quite reaching our room  - although the wonderful seating outside did just as well - this hotel must be given the highest rating. From tea and marshmallows on the terrace, to the jet-enhanced shower, this is a place to remember and to visit again - as we shall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the village of Busnes, in North of France, Le Château de Beaulieu offers refinement and comfort. Its architecture belongs to both modern art and classical style. A feeling of serenity accompanies our guests throughout their stay. Our guests are given the unique impression of being out of time and out of space. A very short distance from the Flandres, in a countryside rich of History and rich of heritage from the past, Marc and Claudine Meurin are inviting you to a journey in our beautiful region. Our village stands between the Opal coast and Belgium, amid numerous interesting spots. 4-star Boutique hotel - 16 rooms and 4 suites. Our bedrooms and suites are equipped with air- conditioning, safe and minibar as well as tea and coffee facilities. One room is dedicated to disabled persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, World Independent Hotel Promotion and HRS so you can book your Le Chateau de Beaulieu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Chateau De Beaulieu Hotel Busnes
- Le Chateau De Beaulieu Busnes