Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
$72
$76
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsfour poster bedfeltham stationluxury apartmentthe main hotelhoneymoon suitehome from hometwickenham stadiuma ground floor roomopen firefridge freezerstay there againminutes walk awaythree nightsnight's sleepnext morningstayed here for one nightheathrow
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nothing too much trouble, wonderful nights sleep, excellent service and attention to detail. My husband and I, along with our young daughter stayed at The Ambassador before flying out the next day and we loved everything about this small Boutique Hotel. Much more personal than the usual airport Hotels.

Room Tip: Family room on middles floor on the back so is quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 242olga
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I usually stay in chain hotels (you kind of know what to expect) but on this occasion all hotels around Heathrow were sold out so I got a room in Ambassador and I loved it. It has a very homely feel to it. My room (it was called Old Beam, as far as I can remember) had a comfortable bed, cute antique sofa and nice Victorian desk- a refreshing change from genetic deco of large hotels. Their breakfast was to die for- freshly cooked, not some buffet stuff kept lukewarm under a lamp.
I have been converted. From now on I will be more adventurous about my hotel choices. There is a whole world outside chain hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank bob6754
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night during a layover from Gatwick to Heathrow. We found a real gem just 30 minutes from the airport. We stayed in the Honeymoon room and could not have been happier. The room was cozy and warm and the bed very comfortable. The shower is big and powerful. There is also a lovely garden in the back for just relaxing on the comfy sofas. However, what makes this place special is the proprietor of the property, Dean. He greeted us at the door, pointed us in the right direction for a pint or two at the local pub and then recommended the best Chinese food we have ever had delivered to our room. He provided us with wine glasses, plates and silverware and napkins for our wonderful in room dining experience. He arranged a taxi for us in the morning which right on time for a flat rate of 16 pounds to Heathrow. If you are arriving in Gatwick and need to get to Heathrow for the next day, take the train to Clapham Jct and switch to the line for Feltham--takes about an hour and then the hotel is in easy walking distance from the station. You cannot go wrong with the Ambassador! PS--my wife and I are also hotel managers so we can be very picky!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel for its proximity to Heathrow airport, and the larger/chain hotels were ridiculously expensive. It had a huge comfy bed and was nice and clean. They also provided a delicious English breakfast. Short stroll to shops if needed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had a very comfortable stay at this hotel while on a business trip to Bedfont Lakes.

Having previously stayed in St Giles I was really pleased to find this little hotel. It is not big and it is not a part of a chain but privately owned and run. I was made feel very welcome from the minute I arrived which is so refreshing in my experience.

The hotel was very clean with a very nice interior design- a mix of contemporary and antique furniture. It had a lovely relaxing garden with a separate smoking area. Free WiFi was a great bonus. The breakfast was delicious and freshly cooked.

I will definitely return to Ambassador on my next business trip and am also considering a stay with my family to visit London as I understand it is close enough to the train station with 25-minute trains service to central London.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business