“Great stay”

Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great stay at the Ambassador. The room surpassed our expectations and had all the amenities one might expect. Great toiletries, and a decent quality shower, Good quality linen ona really comfortable bed which really makes a difference to a good night sleep.

We didn't have dinner but enjoyed a really good cooked breakfast in the morning, good quality ingredients really do make a difference, with a decent pot of fresh coffee.

Service was friendly and personable and we will definitely be back.

Thanks

Room Tip: The new rooms on the ground floor and the four poster are my favourites...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MRJW1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Czech first
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have a mixed review on this strange establishment, having recently stayed here during a 2 night business trip. On arrival late afternoon, myself and a separate party of travellers were left locked out stood on the doorstep for a full 5 minutes looking through the glass in the door watching the manageress ignore us whilst she sat at her reception desk counting her money. Once let into the premises (by unknown female - perhaps another guest?), check-in was quick and I was promptly within my 'Old Beam Room'. The room was of good size, clean and furnished with an antique feel, together with the bed being decorated with a somewhat quirky exotic bird feathered cushions and throw. I noted the only toilet roll provided was just five sheets hanging onto the end of the roll so decided 'rationing' was the way forward until maid service the next day. The bed was very uncomfortable with a great big 'hole' on the right-hand side where the springs had gone - causing me to almost roll out of the bed during the night. The garden was very nice with an almost tropical, lush feel, perfect for relaxing in if it were not for unfortunate downpours that day. The waiter in the restaurant, although appeared nice, had absolutely no waiting competence, no clue as to what/wasn't on the menu and in fact seem to surprisingly enquire if i wanted anything at all! Food ordered, he walked off straight away without asking if i'd like a drink, only returning again with my dinner. Available food was admittedly very nice. On my return to my room the next evening I was shocked to find my now empty toilet roll had now been removed, yet not replaced with a new roll. Nothing at all! Luckily the shower was close to hand to double as a bidet. This is not a hotel and struggle to fathom how they can call themselves so. It is a B&B, a quirky B&B that, if it concentrated on sorting out basics such as a decent bed, toilet roll and competent waiting staff, as it does in believing in it's perceived unique furnishings, could be a very nice alternative to the bigger hotels in Feltham. I wished to inform the manageress my issues on checking-out, however, given her reception desk is slap bang next to clients I was on business with having breakfast, I felt embarrassed to do so (for her benefit as well as mine). I wish them luck, but I won't be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank djvallon
Dean H, Manager at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I have deliberated for some time over how to reply to your review and am still not sure how best to address some of the points. Regarding the toilet roll I apologize if it was missing and can assure you that although you should not have had to, had you asked at any time during your 2 day stay with us, we would have immediately replenished along with an apology for it being missing. Unfortunately, this is the only point raised that I can make an apology for as the point regarding the bed I believe to be completely untrue as with the statement regarding waiting outside the front door for five minutes whilst the manageress counted cash? I know the first point to be untrue as the beds are all of a very high quality and none have holes in them- and even though I knew this to be true when I received your review, I further went to the room just to make sure I had not gone mad and double checked the bed and mattress and it is fully intact with no holes and no springs coming through. I know the second point to be untrue as we rarely get paid in cash and on the week in question had a grand total of £80 in £20 notes (so 4 notes) and the rest of the weekly revenue (as usual) was paid by credit and debit card. I also take comfort in the fact that I know Catharina would never be so rude as to leave anybody waiting even 5 seconds outside the front door let alone 5 minutes.

I do have to wonder what type of person would prefer to use the shower as a bidet rather than ask the housekeeper, the waiter or the manager over two days to address the problem but that is something I suppose only you know the answer to.

I have also waited to reply on trip advisor, as I thought I would wait for you to reply to my email asking you some questions about your stay, but as you have decided not to mail me back, or ring, I feel I have to address some of the points you are making as you do not seem willing to explain comments you have made that seem to be untrue.

Finally, the unknown female letting you in was obviously not another guest but our part time waitress and she distinctly remembers coming to the door about 3 seconds after you rang the bell.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I staid in this hotel without knowing very well what to expect - an agency did the reservation.
At the end the service was great, very familiar, attentive to costumer wishes and home made food was great.
The hotel is very clean, the rooms are comfortable and "old style" decor gives them a very comfortable look.
The garden is great and was one very good surprise - even better if the weather is good.
The personnel was helpful and attentive.
I will come back again :)

Room Tip: Not facing the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SergioAlmeidaPortuga
Thaxted, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from staying at this hotel for the night with another couple. Upon arrival the proprietor moved his car and allowed us to park safely. He arranged our taxis without any trouble. My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite which was really lovely. I'm not keen on shower curtains, but that's more of a personal choice. Both our room and our friends room were clean and immaculately presented.The bed was extremely comfortable and the linen was fresh and crisp. Breakfast provided was well cooked and well presented. For what it's worth this is a brilliant place to stay and the service from Dan was brilliant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Derbyshire
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stumbled across this hotel by accident as the Heathrow Holiday Inn's which I normally stay in we're both fully booked. I was astonished at the prices that other airport hotels could charge for a single nights stay but The Ambassador was very reasonable!
A wonderful quaint Hotel, wonderful decor and a very clever set up. It was actually nice to get away from the busyness of the large city/ airport hotels and find somewhere were you can relax. The bedroom was clean and tastefully decorated with a wonderful en suite with a shower. There is a lovely little garden area with rattan furniture to relax in the sunshine and have a drink. The dining area was lovely and breakfast was superb, so much better than having to self serve mass cooked food like at other hotels.
I am so glad I found this hotel and will prefer to stay here again whilst on business in London........no parking fee too.....the Heathrow holiday Inn charged me £24 a few weeks ago even though I was staying there!
If you are looking for somewhere a little different, quiet and homely, this is a great place at a great price.
Thank you to Dean and staff for your hospitality great little hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank blondederbyhsire
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel situated close to Twickenham in order to entertain business clients at the rugby in November. I chose the Ambassador due to the favourable reviews and reasonable prices, which were advertised on the website as £59 for a single room and £69 for a double for the weekend I was interested in. I contacted the hotel and asked to book 6 rooms for the rugby. The man I spoke to assured me that this was fine. He proceeded to take my contact details and told me he would call me back in 10 minutes to confirm and finalise the booking. I heard no more from the man for the rest of the day, despite trying to call him several times. Eventually, I rang him from a different number, and, as suspected, he answered. I explained that we had spoken earlier but he had not got back in touch with me. The man then informed me that the rates we had agreed on (and were advertised) were infact no longer available because "it was a rugby weekend". He told me that the new rates for this particular weekend were now £119 for a single and £129 for a double, and refused to honour the agreement that we had made earlier. The prices had also been altered on the website since we hadspoken that morning. Unprfessional, immoral and definitely never staying here!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank wendy H
ambassadorheathrow, Manager at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Unfortunately, your recollection of what happened is at best clouded and at worst a complete distortion of the facts. You rang and spoke to a receptionist here who told you the normal weekend rate. They then told you that as our online booking system had gone down online, they could not confirm the rate for the weekend in question, or in fact make the booking. The rates were never at any time changed online and I presume had you seen those rates on any of the over twenty online sites I advertise on you could have booked at any time during the day whilst we were waiting for our system to be fixed?? When you did call back, the same person confirmed the actual rates for the rugby weekend. My cheapest online rates are on the Ambassador Heathrow hotel website and although cheaper than any third party websites they are of course more expensive on event nights, just as they are of course cheaper on quiet weekends along with the quiet months of January, February and August.
Lincolnshire
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Just returned from this hotel. Had two good nights. Really clean, comfortable hotel, friendly staff. Room was a bit cosy but you get what you pay for we and we didn't spend much time there so it wasn't an issue. Shower was excellent-powerful and warm! Just like most hotels the bed was too short for my 6 foot 2 tall husband to be really comfortable - if we stay again we'll have to ask if the other rooms have longer beds! Managed to park on the forecourt for one night and found on-street parking within 100yards on the other night. Will use this hotel again if we are in this part of London.

Room Tip: Ask the questions when booking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Travelodge London Feltham
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel

Been to Ambassador Heathrow Hotel? Share your experiences!