Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
  • Pool
Shalimar Hotel(Hounslow)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfour poster bedfeltham stationluxury apartmentthe main hotelhoneymoon suitehome from hometwickenham stadiuma ground floor roomopen firefridge freezerstay there againminutes walk awaythree nightsnight's sleepnext morningstayed here for one nightheathrow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ok stay. The room was very small especially with a travel cot in it too. The ensuite was freezing. The bottom of the bed was fraying badly and looked messy. Had I some scissors on me I'd have cut them all off. Wouldn't have taken 5 minutes.
We chose not to have breakfast a we felt it was very expensive.
Very shocked when we paid our bill that we had been charged
£20 A NIGHT extra for our 11 month old to stay too. We were not told of this beforehand and were very cross. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Haefai
ambassadorheathrow, Owner at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately the " frayed" bed you mention is actually the canopy cover for the four poster bed with drapes and tastles so is not actually frayed at all- this is simply how it is made. Regarding the cot that you REQUESTED, there is a £20 charge for this along with the linen provided with it. Had you had the baby in the bed with you there is no charge and I am sorry to correct you but you were very well aware of the cost of the cot when you booked it and it was not something we sprung on you at check in. As far as the evening receptionist recollects, you decided not to take breakfast due to needing to pay for the cot.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

During breakfast got into conversation with the owner, I wish I didn't-he started pointificating and lecturing about his "oulook" on things, rooms are tiny, location isn't great. I came to stay for the night, not argue about how one should live their lives!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PrincessJodiSF

Regarding your review, I have, as has another hotelier from another review you have posted, emailed you direct with regard to your apparent stay as we also have no record of you staying here whatsoever. You also appear to say you stayed here 8 months ago and are only now posting this review?

I am the owner of The Ambassador and I always take a keen interest in my guests and often chat with them, but I can honestly say I have not, and would never think it appropriate or my place to lecture guests about how to lead their lives? I would not even think it appropriate with my personal friends let alone a guest staying here at my Hotel.

In the absence of you replying to my email I really do not know what more to say but I honestly wonder if your review has anything to do with The Ambassador Hotel.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had a one-night stay at the Ambassador while working locally. It's a welcoming and warm hotel with the 'personal' touch. The only negative comments for the four-poster room on the ground floor were the lack of light in the bedroom and the lack of heating in the en suite bathroom. That apart, the breakfast was excellent and the hosts most welcoming; and only 15 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: The 'honeymoon suite' on the ground floor suffers a little road noise from about 0600. The en suite shower room has no heating so is very cold in the winter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I apologise with regard to the lack of heating in that particular room and we are now in the process of having under floor heating put into the bathroom to make it more comfortable in the winter months.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I booked this hotel as I had a meeting in town, meeting cancelled an hour later, I called hotel to cancel the booking and they charged me! after one hour??? No flexibility at all, manager said tough you should have read the terms and conditions. The worst service ever, would never stay there ever. I work for a big company near by and often recommend hotels near by would never recommend anyone stay there, if this is the customer service can you imagine how the hotel is run?! And By the way, I have stayed there before so I am a retuning customer!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Whatnameiaat
ambassadorheathrow, Owner at Ambassador Heathrow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Unfortunately as with all Hotels, we have a cancellation policy that guarantees not only the room for us but also for you. Regarding this booking, you are quite aware that I did not say tough at all, but simply tried to explain the terms and conditions you yourself had agreed to. Furthermore, you ask if people imagine how the Hotel is run although as you yourself had indicated, you have stayed here before and were returning so I suippose it is run very well? Unfortunately when a booking is made, it is taken off over 40 online websites and as such we have no idea if it could have been sold to somebody else whilst we were holding it for you.

Finally and even more importantly, you are also very aware that I agreed the room could be transferred to a colleague of yours (who has stayed here several times also) so you would NOT HAVE TO PAY ONE PENNY? I think it is very unfair to write such a review in view of the fact everything you have said is basically untrue.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

My partner and I spent a very pleasant night. The room was secluded and very quiet. Bathroom facilities were excellent. The delicious breakfast was served in a pleasant conservatory, also very quiet. It's hard to believe that Heathrow is nearby. In spite of the December chill it was warm and cosy. Smokers have a heated patio area outside. I heartily recommend this lovely hideaway, excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to inviting you back in the future.