“Well Done!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
London, United Kingdom
“Well Done!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Excellent team led by Manager Shirlyn! Others with outstanding performances who helped me with the booking process with their Excellent Customer services and Hospitality skills were:-Mustafa, Suresh, Anum, Agnieszka and others whose names I have missed alongside the tele- operators. The staff went out of their way to lend their support and assistance with the booking. I was frustrated of, after six hours of failed attempts in trying to book on-line. When I got to the Reception, both Mustafa and Suresh superseded each other in trying to help -the pressure just lifted and the booking done. On the second instance, -again after failed attempts to book online, Manager Shirlyn just took matters in her own Professional and Competent hands (I was impressed and did not shy complimenting her on her and the teams Par-excellence Customer Services and Hospitality Skills) giving My family (Bankers from Dubai) who were on their Banks Training Program in Canary Wharf -a par equalling to what they had already received- designed by their own Bank at the Radisson Blu Edwardian New Providence Wharf Hotel. They had a very Pleasant stay and further went on to book at the Travelodge in the Lake Districts. On leaving they requested myself to extend their gratitude and praise to the entire team for making their stay such a memorable one. Thank You for Every thing! I can assure you that my family who are just used to the Best hotels around the Globe will be happy to Book into one of the Travelodge Chains once they go back and relate their experience. Thank you once again for all your efforts in making My families trip a Pleasurable one. Abbi Rahim

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank Abbi R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Southend-on-sea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed here for a second time as its perfectly placed to get to Twickenham for the rugby. And we've booked again for end of May. Its not 5 star luxury, and thats why you dont pay 5 star prices. For a place to get a bit of kip - it does the job. Yes some guests on the night we stayed were bloody noisy, and there is no way of contacting reception - but again that comes with the fact youre in a cheap hotel...BUT Premier Inn do the same prices, and are looking better and better. Next year may see a change in the chain of hotel............

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Wishaw, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Booked this on a recent trip to London with my fiance as wanted somewhere that wasn't too far away from Central London as we didn't want to pay the price of Central London hotels. Feltham station is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and you can be at London Waterloo in under 25 minutes by train.

As for the hotel itself, was certainly value for money. Pretty basic but what else do you expect from a Travelodge and did us fine as we were only using it as a place to sleep at night. Staff were friendly and helpful with any issues we had. The room was spotless and could tell by looking at it, it had recently been freshly decorated which was good. Bed was comfortable and even though the railway runs next to hotel we didn't really hear anything.

On day 2 we found that our key card had been deactivated but after a quick trip to reception this was quickly rectified by a very apologetic and pleasant member of staff. Also our towels were taken by housekeeping who never thought to leave fresh ones but again the same member of staff soon sorted that.

Would happily recommend this hotel to others. yes it's basic but that was reflected in the price we paid.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all the room appears clean enough. There is a very convenient multi story car park, but you have to pay to park, next door. The parking is discounted by the hotel so its £6 for overnight. There are a number of shops right outside the hotel.

We ended up asking for another duvet for my daughter to sleep on as you could feel the springs in the mattress.

The sheets were old and the duvet cover stitching had come undone in places. It also had black stains on it.

Don't pay for breakfast. There is an asda next door that would be cheaper and a better breakfast.
We stayed two nights.
The first night/ morning the breakfast was rubbish. No fruit. No pastries, no hot food when we got there at 8am when breakfast started at 7. No choice of teas as advertised. no jam just honey and marmalade. Not enough staff. Cheapest bread possible.
The second morning breakfast was much better but I'm sure asda do it better and cheaper.
If the hotel is full god knows where everyone has breakfast.

The second night we were woken up a number of times by noisy hotel guests and as there is no telephone in the room you can't tell reception.

This is the only hotel I've ever been to when I've booked out and not been asked how my stay was.
If they had asked I would have said disappointing. No wonder its the cheapest hotel around.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Amandadonny
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge London Feltham, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with your stay Amandadonny. We require our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned to our high standards. Similarly, we regularly check the mattresses and, if one is not found to be in a suitable condition then it should be replaced. We also require a night staff member to patrol the hotel at night to ensure that a respectable level of noise from our other guests is maintained and we also try to reduce noise in our hotels by having insulated walls. Additionally, the food we offer in our bar cafes is also standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present it so it is regrettable to learn that the food did not meet with your expectations. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Travelers are raving about these Feltham hotels

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed at the Feltham Travelodge a couple of years ago and it was a bit tired but good value.However last weekend we visited again and it has been transformed.The room and bathroom was spotless,the bed was comfy and the shower was excellent.Talking briefly to reception I understand that rooms have been refurbished and only completed a week before our stay.I do not know if all rooms have been refurbished,we were on the 6th floor.
Value for money could not be faulted,we have previously stayed in the Premier Inn at Kew which was a step up from the Travelodge at Kew to give a comparison should any reader of this review have stayed in either,

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Very friendly staff. Just ask for asda and everybody will know were to send you.
The hotel is now renovated and the new beds are great.
Every room is of a descent size and a good train connection brings you quickly to waterloo station for ealy in the morning until late in the evening.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Karin B
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Another week, another Travelodge. Not that I mind. As I said in a previous review it is quite a reassuring thought that after a 14 hour day I will be heading home to a good clean comfortable bed for the night.

I’ve been working in and around London, and living and staying in the subrubs for many years now. There aren’t many nooks and crannies in this city I can’t find with the help of a google map and my phone. However, Feltham Travelodge completely and totally foxed me. Bedfont Road, very close to the Station, simples I thought.

No, not simples at all. Most travelodges are tall and obvious buildings. Feltham Travelodge is tall, but not at all obvious. So I head down Bedfont Road in the direction of a level crossing, then behind a big set of buildings, then on to an estate where I start to have a mild panic attack and thin kthe wheels off my suitcase are going to get nicked, then back to the crossing again. Then I see a sign for a “hotel” IN A CAR PARK! So I head into the car park and I follow the signs, which take me to an empty stairwell, and then to a lift. I get into the lift and there is no direction as to where the hotel is, so I try ALL floors and end up wandering around a vacant parking lot.

By this point, I am sorry to admit, that I was nearly in tears. I had by this time been wandering round aimlessly 40 minutes, looking at a map that shows me the location of the Travelodge, but I cannot find it! Then in a quiet, dark and deserted corner of the car park I see a broken travallater thing, you know, like a human shopping conveyor belt. It’s not moving but there is a slope next to it which leads to some shops. So I head down that and then I see why I couldn’t find the hotel………because it is inside of a shopping centre!

Why for the life of me they could not have put clear signs up I do not know, but in the lift on the way up to reception my fellow lift friend told me that he told found the place impossible to find, and then again the two chaps also checking in had experienced the same problem.
I had room 404 and it was absolutely fine, except there was an empty packet of coffee granules behind the toilet pipe! But, the bed was super super comfy, clean and crisp linen, plump pillows, a flat screen TV close enough to actually see without binoculars, all light bulbs worked, the tv and kettle functioned as is their duty on earth, and the heater was nice and toasty.

Regrettably, when I got in to my room on night two my room had been cleaned, but bizarrely my bed had not been made. The deputy manager was brilliant about it, apologised, said she would be meeting with the staff the next day and offered me a complimentary glass on wine. Splendid!

However, the next day was the same problem. The bed had been tucked in at the bottom but it was like they got bored and left it half done. I was also not given any more soap, and only supplied with decaf coffee, which is no good to me at 6am. As it was my final night and I needed to pack up I did not have the energy to go back down to reception and make a nuisance of myself again.

As I took my key back on my final morning I was greeted by two delightful young receptionists who said a cheerful good morning. The staff I met during my stay were BRILLIANT. But, some of the staff cleaning the rooms, behind the scenes, need to pay a little more attention to attention to detail.

This is a shame as I would definitely have used this Travelodge again, as Feltham is great for my commute. But, I doubt I would return.

Room Tip: I'd recommend using Hounslow or Teddington travelodge instead.