“AVOID!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Feltham B&B and Inns
Plymouth
“AVOID!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I wanted to book basic but clean accomodation close to Twickenham for an overnight stay in London with my partner. Basic - yes, clean - certainly not! The house is hard to find as it's got no sign outside and it's set back, and frankly looks a complete dive when you finally do find it and walk up the drive. The house smelt in general, but not as much as the room we were given - it smelt fusty and dirty, and the carpet was questionable (I didn't want to walk barefoot on it anyway). The bed was uncomfortable and saggy. Breakfast was a joke - cereal and toast made by myself (and I washed up afterwards) - the place should describe itself as a 'hostel' if they don't provide you with the breakfast themselves. We couldn't wait to leave - I wanted to scrub myself when we got home.
I'm a reasonable person and not hard to please, but when I pay £90 for a single night's stay I expect far, far better. I feel conned and I will never set foot in this hole again.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
bexhill
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

I read reviews and was dreading my stay. Hard to find from the road and looks like a regular house but free parking on the road. Once inside its all very tired but clean. The bed was very warm, clean and comfy. Refreshments and breakfast are 'help yourself' but avaliable all the time. I wanted a cheap, clean bed for the night and thats what I got.

Room Tip: The ground floor room at the back has patio doors straight into the fairly pleasant garden & is...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I'll keep it short, it's a shizenhole first and foremost, it's noisy, not very clean, crap facilities probably better suited as a homeless hostel

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Ruddo78
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here it smeltof rotten food coming out of the freezer that had been turned off it had bugs all over the work top an old man walking around in his underpants drunk and shouting the place smelt of pot carpet was come of the stairs toilet was full of someones snot I recieved bites all over my body from the bed there is no parking it attracts really dodgy people who look like they come here cause it's cheap like a hostel it is just a botched up house used to make a quick £ by tricking people to stay here please stay at a travel inn where it is safe STAY AWAY FROM HERE AT ALL COSTS .....

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Callbx
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

i turned up to this farce of a bed and breakfast yesterday with my booking comformation.when i knocked the door it was answered by two people who said we had to phone the owner.when we phoned he said we did not have a booking so we gave the reservation number and he still said we were not booked there.he was very rude and unhelpful and told us he had no room as he had his regulars there.avoid this sham of a place at all costs

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank westlifesgirl8
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

I needed somewhere to stay between flights and this seemed a reasonable option given the price.

The information given on booking with regards to transport to the B & B is a little vague and optimistic with its timing. It takes around 45 minutes each way and as I was using Terminal 5 on the way out of London more like an hour.

There is no signage just a random sign saying '1 Uxbridge Road' which is very strange. You have to hunt around to find it.

The room is acceptable for a night, had a TV, however Tea & Coffee were in the kitchen downstairs. I echo a previous review in that there was piles of laundry all over the kitchen when I used it and I'm sure that contravenes current legislation.

The bathroom is not ensuite but was clean - there are no toiletries provided.

Breakfast was okay, but not the best I have had. The person cooking didn't really have much to say for himself and I felt a bit like I was a hinderence.

In my opinion this is basically a house which has been hastily made into 'kind of' B & B.

I'm not sure I'd use it again as the whole setup seems a little unusual and for £5 more I could have stayed closer to the airport without the trawl of the bus.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank hz88
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2009

I booked this b & b via email and internet 5 weeks ago (1/3/2009) for a quad room one night for the 25th of June 2009 (3 months out)

I had to change my flights and let the owner know that I would like to cancel the booking , so in essence I gave him (Denis) 3 months notice.. HOWEVER I did sign an agreement which says that I cancel or not turn up hey can charge my card... fair enough my mistake. But hang on three whole months out I would a least thought we could come to a 50% discount or even let me know if he re rents the room taht there are no hard feeling etc etc. But no ... YOU SIGNED the agreement and bad luck...
So now reading the previous reviiews you can add this to your thoughts when booking aswell.
Fair enough I made an error, but a little customer service wouldn't go astray and in fact help this feedback sheet in the positive!!
Shane

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Rudd_Rooneys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel
Premier Inn London Twickenham East Hotel
Travelodge London Feltham
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport

Been to Heathrow House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!