“Disappointing...again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Chiquito - Feltham
Ranked #32 of 47 Restaurants in Feltham
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
london
“Disappointing...again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Having always liked Chiquito's, we were disappointed a few years ago by the long wait for our food and by the quality of the food itself. We complained, and were given complimentary desserts. Fast forward about 8 years, and having heard others recommend it, we decided to give it another go, with high hopes. This time, we didn't have to wait long for our food, but it was disappointing. It was nothing special, not particularly tasty, not cheap and certainly not as good as the place where we usually go to get 'good Mexican', another restaurant which doesn't even market itself as Mexican (see another of my reviews!) We won't be going back to any Chiquito restaurant. I must add, though, that the staff were really helpful and friendly!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Urghh Vile ! Don't do it to yourselves !”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My adult daughter chose this restaurant for her birthday dinner last night, we were a party of eight. As we were 50/50 vegetarians and meat eaters, it seemed like a good bet as the menu had plenty of options for both.
Although we'd booked several days in advance, the table wasn't ready when we arrived, we were directed to the bar and waited around 15 minutes in vain, attempting to get served.
Both myself and my husband visited the loos and were absolutely disgusted, without going into gross details, they made us feel physically sick, they looked as though they had been visited by dozens of dysentery sufferers. I informed the manager that he really needed to send a cleaning crew asap. I don't know if he did, as I was not going back under any circumstances. Perhaps we should have taken this as an omen, what are the chances of both the male AND female loos being in the same state ?

We waited a long time for everything, OK, it was Saturday night, so I understand they were busy, but 45 minutes to even get our order taken ?!

When the food eventually came, it was the poorest quality, the taste of stale oil permeated everything and it all tasted extremely processed. The cheese tasted like grated lard dusted with flour, the salsa like an artificially flavoured cornflour sauce, the guacamole like a tasteless green mousse.

The starters were awful, I ordered potato skins and was starving, but they were inedible. Think insipid boiled potato, covered with tasteless slop, no texture, no colour no taste, no nice crispy, cheesy, potato experience I was expecting.

Others in the party ordered a sharing plate, which consisted of a selection of fried food, tainted with the taste of rancid oil.

The 'Chicken with pulled pork' pictured, consisted of one small piece of chicken (KFC'ish) topped with a spoonful of what tasted like mashed corned beef. Again, rancid oil flavoured everything.

The vegetable fajita, consisted of fried onions with two pieces of peppers, served with the vile cheese, the processed salsa and guacamole etc, again, horrible, inedible.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

Do yourselves a favour and give this a MISS !

• Visited February 2013
Ripon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chiquito near heathrow airport, Feltham”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Made a change that Chiquito was quiet, we were early though, 6pm, Wednesday. We should av known things were not going to be good, when the two ladies were got sat next to, got up as we sat down and left saying they were sick of waiting. Not even offered a drink.
We had nachos for one to share. Hadem before and they are good and plenty for two two share.
But part may through, realised there was no salsa, by that waitress came across to ask if everything ok. I mentioned that there was no salsa on the nachos, but was some over powering BBQ sauce. Was explained that this is the new salsa sauce. Sorry, salsa is chopped tomato etc and explained I have never had salatwistingg of BBQ sauce before. No sign of tomato. Oh, and they had ran out of sour cream. Also noticed that they went covered in runny cheese sauce either. I told the waitress I wasn't happy.
Steak and fries for me & mrs next. Plate cold. Steak just warm, fries just warm. I woofed the steak down quickly, but was cold by the time I got three quarter way through. Mrs couldn't eat hers, as well as been cold, it was full of gristle. Couldn't get through it with steak knife.
By that we put on our coats. Mrs went to car while I complained again. Waitress went away and explained that the supervisor had discounted the meal by 20%. hang on a minuite, you want me to pay for cold missed described gristly food. Supervisor out.....what a moody person she was. Argued about the salsa then took the huff. Just charged me for the steak and two beers. Wasn't really happy, as my food was cold, and it spoilt the whole experience. Woman supervisor seemed to be hard work and in a mood, so couldn't be bothered. I did like the waitress through. Very helpful. Should be the manager.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stockport, United Kingdom
“On the slippery slope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went here recently and not impressed. The new menu is just an excuse to bump up the prices. Items that previously included rice now don't and this is now an extra. The guys at the next table made similar comments. I had the chilli con carne, reasonable amount of rice but with a miserly portion of meat sauce on top. Won't be rushing back any time soon

• Visited January 2013
london
“New menu better!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been twice recently and have actually enjoyed myself! The staff both times have been friendly and nice which is a first for chiquitos Feltham. The drinks have been enjoyable and I've really enjoyed the new menu. Food Is colourful and full of flavour. Waiter second time round could have been more attentive, never got to order a second drink. And both times did not have my wine or beer In stock. Wouldn't say amazing but maybe improving?

• Visited December 2012