“Absolutely disgusting, runnied our short break in London.”

Channins Hounslow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Feltham B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely disgusting, runnied our short break in London.”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I strongly addvise against even thinking about booking a so called room in this so called Hotel, Full of DHSS permanent residents who seem to stay up and blast music all night.
It's dirty smells and the breakfast was stale bread to toast, stale cornflakes, sour orange juice, and rubbish coffee and that,s it....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank TrevorMcAuley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
perth australia
Reviewed November 18, 2011

booked rooms at this hotel and after traveling some 20,000kms to stay at what i thought would be the start of an enjoyable holiday i was faced with this hotel that not only looked uninviting from the outside it turns out the inside was the same as you enter this !!hotel!! the first thing you see is a very drab and cold reception area and staff of which there was only 1 had an attitude of !!!what do you want !!! then proceeded to tell me my rooms were not booked after being paid for some months prior.
i felt it was so bad i turned my family around and walked out in discust!!!after complaining about this i never recieved any explanation (not even a sorry) i then found a very nice place less then 1km away called the travelodge in feltham that made us all feel welcome.i would never recomed anyone stay at the Channins hotel and feel it should be removed from all sites

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank pooroldpom
London
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I booked this hotel for my daughter and her boyfriend, the booking was clear; double room with en suite. I checked her in early and after my daughter arrived I went with her to show her the place. After we were given a key we were then shown to her 'room'. What happened next was a astounding. We were taken outside of the hotel to one of the council owned houses on the Hounslow road a few minutes away. What they were tying to palm me off with with a double room in a shared house that was filthy. Needless to say, we went back to the hotel and demanded a room there - on the basis of that is what I had paid for - this they found with ease - and given the rate it was OK. Their excuse was that we got a cheap deal on lastminute and what did we expect. I strongly advise you not to book this hotel and if you do ensure that you are getting a room in the hotel and not one of the many surrounding houses.

Room Tip: Ensure you are staying at the actual hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Stephen G
Ashford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Absoloutly disgusting! we walked into the hotel for our room key, to be walked back out by one of the staff members, walked down the road and taken into a dirty dark room in a council house! outside the council house were people smoking drugs, i was actually terrified! cannot believe you book a room in a hotel and got taken to that dirt infested pit! We were walked back to the hotel after refusal to stay there and were offered one of their rooms, even that wasn't great. Dirty bathroom, shower broke, half a toilet roll, very noisy and woke up the next day feeling itchy. I would rather spend a night on the side of a road then book with these again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lauren G
St. Annes-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2011

when i say DSS HOSTEL i am not joking this hotel is absolutely filthy. the welcome was not very nice at all. i checked in to this hostel and checked straight back out again..but now the hotel is saying that i never checked out so i cant get a refund. i am not a nasty person me and my partner were attending a wedding in london so just needed a bed to sleep in. but in all honesty you would not be able to leave your belongings in the room cos they will be stolen i promise.not very happy with this place at all. JUST THOUGHT YOU ALL SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THIS PLACE IS NOT NICE SO DONT BE FOOLED JUST BECAUSE IT IS BEEN AVERTISED ON WELL KNOWN SITES. MR KIRKHAM

Room Tip: dont bother your wasting your time
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank kevin k k
Essex
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The hotel is cheap but is more of a bail hostel....I stayed in september and can honestly say the following:-
the hotel as you walk in stinks.
the breakfast is bearable, tea/coffee, toast machine, cereal - thats it.The juice machine wasnt even nice.

The room:- Box room size, dirty walls, carpet 20 years old and coming up at the edges, as well as covered in stains.
Bathroom:- so small it is ridiculous. the same walls as a caravan bathroom, shower which stopped after five minutes and put out no more water. No light in the bathroom apart from the one hanging by one screw above the mirror.

Put simply, a complete horror story. worth paying £15 more and staying up the road.

Room Tip: dont book here, try up the road. never say this normally but true on this occasion.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank AndyWEssex
Wirral
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We booked a night at Channins as we were picking up relatives from Heathrow off a morning flight and we were coming from the Liverpool area so to be sure we were on time we decided on an overnight stay. We booked Channins on a special deal - only £32 per room including breakfast. Cheap but definately not cheerful! The best I can say is that the room was clean (I know the room was recently repainted as the fittings had paint on them too!) My husband pulled the one chair in the room away from the desk and the arm lifted off! The hospitality tray had just enough for one drink each on it and the small kettle still had water in it. The cold tap in the bathroom dripped all night. It was warm when we arrived so we switched on the A/C, what a racket!!! We did without. The bed was a small double pushed right up to the window - if you were over 5'5" you would have had problems! The en suite bathroom was clean but very small consisting of a small sink (with dripping tap) that was very slow to drain, a toilet and an aged shower cubicle. After an uncomfortable nights sleep (only one pillow and no more available I doubled it up and slept on a rock!) we braved breakfast, the breakfast room looks nothing like the pictures on the website, everything in this hotel is tired and dated. The coffee was in an unlabled flask and the apple juice I got from the machine was barely coloured water, cornflakes and rice krispies were the cereal of choice and white bread for toast with sachets of margarine, marmalade and jam. The breakfast room isn't big enough to cope with all guests so some were sitting in the bar area to eat.
I know we got a very good deal, you gets what you pay for but we won't be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sal_ad_dazeWirral
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Travelodge London Feltham
Hilton London Heathrow Airport

Been to Channins Hounslow Hotel? Share your experiences!