“WORST place i have ever stayed at!! the rudest staff i have ever come across, Bad managment.”

Channins Hounslow Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Feltham B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Rudest Staff i have ever come across and i have travelled all over the world.
Bad location its not near heathrow as they claim and they do not do tranfers to the airport
Breakfast was terrible stale bread
Poorly run- bad managment.
Rooms very run down
smallest shower
Next time i will pay the extra money to get even just better service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank woof37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Coffs Harbour, NSW
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed here to be close to Heathrow for an early morning flight. The location was great, not only close to Heathrow but there was a bus stop virtually at the front door. Great value for money, we payed under 50 pounds for a triple room. The room was huge, one of the biggest we got for that price!
Unfortunately our flight was cancelled and we spent the day in London. This is not the place to stay if you want to be in London! But definitely a convenient location to be close to heathrow.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Auburn, California
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip and it was very convenient to Heathrow. It's a big of a slog to get to central London. The first time our room was in the basement; small and thin walls. The second time, we were upstairs, at the front and it was much quieter, bed more comfortable and room larger. Breakfast is nothing special but tea/coffee in room is nice touch. Friendly staff and nice public areas. Basic but adequate for the convenience. Great Indian food just down two blocks.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2011

For me, it was this hotel or a night at Heathrow terminal 5! Left stranded by BA when my delayed flight arrived far too late for me to catch last train home, a member of the airport staff recommended the Channins, Hounslow (mainly because his bother worked behind the desk).

Room was basic - shower, toilet, tv and kettle, but little bedding to speak of. Paint and plaster peeling from the ceiling and walls, overriding smell of damp, unsubstantial lock on the door. I slept little, awoke to a soggy carpet where the rain had worked its way in through the external walls, did not partake of the breakfast and left as soon as I had showered and packed. The staff looked worn out and as if they wanted to be elsewhere - they do deserve better, though I would appreciate accurate directions to the nearest station!

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nikolashead
Reviewed December 25, 2010

It's near feltham station and walking distance to 24 hour Asda. Lounge is comfy and booking online is ok value. Breafast of cereal and toast is basic but ok hardly anywhere did breakfast. They helped me print my boarding pass which was nice. Tv in room was fine. Not much around so bring a laptop and download a couple of films! Bus to airport but not on Xmas day. I walked most of the way to the airport and then someone gave me a lift as final bit was on grass and tricky with case. Room 8 had a weird lamp think hanging from the ceiling which would have been deadly if it had fallen off....! Not sure I'd go back as was a very specific situation with no tube Xmas day but who knows! Heating was was too high so had to open window. Watched that prison film the experiment and peep show marathon so time passed ok....the nearest pub scared me so gave it a miss! Local area bit of a dump so prefer cyberspace!

• Stayed December 2010
Agios Nikolaos, Greece
Reviewed December 8, 2010

It was a dungeon looks like all falling apart. Small room , tiny bath no blankets not enough heat.I had to fight with the door each time i wanted to go to the bathroom ,i used the kattle ! to keep the door of the bathroom half closed in case my wife wanted to use the bathroom because she would loose the fight with the door. Breakfast was very poor , the location was ok .parking was fine .Big waste of money.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1mal92b
Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2010

It was a 'bargain' hotel close to the airport so I wasn't expecting much but even my modest expectations were disappointed. When we arrived no member of staff would help me and my 81-year old grandmother with our bags up two flights of narrow stairs. The room was filthy and obviously hadn't been cleaned. We didn't dare touch the shower, partly because there was plaster and dirt in it but mostly because we had no hot water - when the taps actually worked that is. We complained about this twice to staff, once at around 7pm, again at about 8. At 10.30pm, after we had gone to bed since we had to get an early flight, a member of staff finally arrived to fix it.
Apart from the squalor of the cramped room there were no towels, no tea bags, certainly no electronic keys as stated on the hotel's website. In fact, our door wouldn't lock and we had to keep a suitcase propped up against it for the night.
Oh, and the 'continental breakfast' consisted of cereal and toast.
I would never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Amelia010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
Hilton London Heathrow Airport
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel
YOTELAIR London Heathrow Airport

Been to Channins Hounslow Hotel? Share your experiences!