“very very average.”

St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Just stayed at the St Giles hotel, Hounslow Road. I booked this hotel as it was the cheapest hotel with parking to Heathrow. The hotel is located approximately twenty minutes from Heathrow’s terminal three.
The hotel room itself was in need of renovation. The room was clean and tidy but looked tired.
This hotel is fine if your just going to the airport with hand-luggage as you can get the bus. However, I had two large suitcases and hand luggage so opted for a taxi. The cost was approximately £15.00 - £20.00 each way, so once you added this to you hotel bill, it brings it into the price category of better and nearer hotels.
Also on check in, the staff tried to charge me an increased cost to park my car as the price had increased. After discussing this, this was reduced to the original cost.
Would I stay at the hotel again? No definitely not! Pay the extra and stay near Heathrow.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2011

This is my third visit to this hotel .It is convenient for Heathrow as there is a 24 hour bus from a stop across the road from the hotel and it takes about 30 minutes to get there.
The staff are friendly , the hotel is clean and the rooms comfortable. I have not eaten here as there is a Weatherspoons pub 5 minutes walk away which I prefer to use and I normaly leave before breakfast. The only fault I have with the hotel is the background music they play in the bar area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2011

This is a perfectly decent hotel for the money (I booked via a mystery hotel on a hotel parking website) and the best thing about it was a fabulous Nepalese restaurnat a five minute walk away - receommnded by the friendly receptionist. Another bonus was the good prices in the bar - just normal pub prices. The £15 cab fare to Heathrow was ok I thought as we got the hotel for a lot less than closer hotels

Reviewed January 28, 2011

Quite possibly the worst experience I have ever had staying in a hotel. As I travel a lot with work I have stayed in many different hotels but this is by far the worst. Having waited 20 minutes (no exageration) because the receptionist (I think her name was Simone) was chatting away with her colleagues I was greeted with no eye contact and no apology for the delay. During my check in the receptionist started complaining openly across the room to another woman about problems she was having with another colleague. At which point I felt compelled to ask whether she considered this to be good service to which I received a smirk! I asked her if she was this rude to every customer to which (and I swear I am not kidding here) she responded with 'Am I being rude though ... no' in a Vicky Pollard style! I asked her at this point to write down her name and the address of where I should send a complaint and she said 'no I do not have to do that' so I asked her whether she was refusing and she completely ignored me. As I was conscious I was holding up the queue I left fuming! When I entered my room it was dirty (pubic hairs in the bath, shower curtain grimy, TV did not work, bits all over the floor) and the bed was rock hard. This by the way was an executive room which cost £85 per night!! I have since stayed at the Jurys Hotel at Heathrow airport which is lovely, friendly staff, clean hotel and £75 per night. Never would I stay at the St Giles again.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank SLW081980
StGilesGM, General Manager at St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2011

I really am sorry to read of your experiences whilst checking in and am stunned to read your comments concerning the receptionist checking you in. Please be assured that this will be followed up as a matter of some urgency as this is obvioulsy not the first impression we are trying to create.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

Hotel reception staff were helpful and polite.Room basic but clean.Bathroom clean and shower was nice and hot.Just a few minutes walk to the centre where there were shops, bars and a handful of eating places.You can catch a cab to Heathrow or jump on the bus that runs from across the road for just £2 each.Bus runs every 20 mins and the reception staff have loads of timetables for you to take away.Parking at the hotel.Great value for money and i would use again.Only drawback we had was there was a cold drinks vending machine a few steps from our room and we could hear the fan kicking in at night.Apart from that we had no complaints( if had a different room then this wouldn't have been an issue)

Reviewed December 31, 2010

Stayed there for one night whilst visiting relatives. Hotel very basic but clean. Shower was rubbish, water almost cold, after a bad night's sleep this was not good. Huge queues for breakfast. Tried on 2 occasions to eat but was unsuccessful, 2nd time there was a rather rude member of staff trying to direct traffic. Reception staff apologetic.
Wouldn't stay there again

Reviewed December 6, 2010

We stayed here for one night and used the parking facilities for five days.
we found it to be clean and comfortable it's basic but for our need it was good enough. The only real issue we had was that the transfer to heathrow was by mini cab which costs £15. that's not too bad if you're sharing but if not it's a bit steep, this worked out much more expensive than most airport hotels and their transfers. There is a bus service which runs direct to the airport from the hotel. it's convenient and cheap but freezing cold and not ideal if you're a weary traveller. I would use the hotel again but would look elsewhere first for a better deal.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Bloomsbury
St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!