“Don't stay there.”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
east Norway
“Don't stay there.”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Well I can't give - on the ratings so most landed on 1's.

When you walk in on St.Giles you meet a dull reception , quite clinical and a bar just opposite of it. Taking the lift up tot he room was actualy difficicult cause some didn't work and thoose who did ran very slow and it was hardly any ligthning so had trouble see the buttons.

I had room on the 5th floor and had trouble find it cause ligths didnt came on before you pased it. Fair enough, just abit difficult when your looking for your room in the half dark. Good intention, poorly done.

On the room the doorhandle came off in my hands so had a huge risk with fire. Tryed to call reception several times but they didnt answer. I actualy got cutted of.
The room itself was grubby and very basic. The tv had wrong time and alarm on and you coudnt change this. Very unpractical.
The chair in the room seemd it felled apart so didn't dare sit on it.
The carpet seemed general dirty and not gave a bad feeling on top of "all".
Bathroom was not clean and had just one towell, 2 shampoo and one bar off soap. No shower gel.

Internet, wich cost 10 pounds a nigth didn't work for hours.

I didn't slept at all that nigth. Im not shure the bed was changed at all. Room was cold and all was added up extreme bad.
Internet access did not work for hours and the reception couldn't help with it or tryed to at all. Was just not any will for help at this hotell.

As that wasnt bad enough the morning I was to leave i found something white and alive in my hair. I asked all I where togteher with the days before and they didnt had any roblems where we came from so where it came from I dont know. All i know is that the total experience of this hotel is very poor and shoudnt care the same name as it more famous sisterhotel in London. This "hotel" should call itself a hostel and not hotel cause it just dont have a decent standar.

Price for parking: 6 pounds a nigth
Price internett for 24 hours (not count it works) 10 pounds.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Norchris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed March 15, 2010

This hotel promised lots but delivered nothing. The rooms were tiny, the air conditioning didnt work and the television only had two channels. To make matters worse I was over charged for the room and the Hotel has REFUSED a refund... DO NOT STAY HERE! There is a Travelodge closer to the train station that is cheaper and much nicer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Preston, Lancs
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Me and my son stay here every time we watch Rugby at Twickenham - at least twice a year. Staff always friendly and helpful. Car parking rates reasonable.
Always a good atmosphere in the bar after a game...especially if Ireland or Wales are in town.
We intend to keep on using the hotel for future games.....

• Stayed February 2010
exeter
Reviewed February 8, 2010

After a business trip I was suggested to stay at the St Giles as it is close to Heathrow but far enough away to be that little bit less noisy. The reputation of its London sister hotel has no reflection on this monstrosity.
On arrival in a taxi I was told by the taxi driver that I would be lucky to get a taxi out in the morning unless I paid an arm and a leg as it was "dodgy round here".
After being heckled by a bunch of "lads" loitering outside and in reception I was given the key to my room and pointed in the direction of possibly the slowest lift service i've ever encountered. Apart from being followed by another bunch of lads who seemed adamant that they should accompany to my room (leading me to get off at the wrong level and walk the stairs to my room complete with suitcase).
I opened the door to a living nightmare. The only word to describe the room was rank. I was in a twin room and one bed looked slept in. there were hairs in it and what looked like creepy crawlies. The bathroom had hairs, toenail clippings and dust on the floor. One window didn’t shut properly meaning I heard every plane that Heathrow had landing or taking off and was FREEZING all night long. The milk for tea and coffee had no BBE date despite the fact it was evident that there was one there once and for UHT milk, tasted off. Although as it came beside a polystyrene cup with teeth marks in it I wasn’t surprised. Filthy was the word that came to mind. If it wasn’t for the shortness of my stay and the fact I was scared as a lone woman to go back down to reception to complain then I wouldn’t have stayed at all. The only plus were the concierge and the assistant restaurant manager. Prior to my arrival I contacted the restaurant about a table for dinner. The assistant was lovely in telling me what was on offer, im sorry that I didn’t try the restaurant but there was no choice in my mind that I would brave downstairs. Likewise the concierge was helpful in booking me a taxi to get the hell out of there! I will be writing to the management and can only say if you’re thinking about going DONT DO IT!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 15, 2010

This place was simply furnished, but clean. Not many extras, although they did equip our room with a plug-in pitcher for heating hot water, a couple of mugs and some teas and coffees. The beds were small and kind of hard, with one very thin pillow. There was no way of regulating temperature from the room - it seemed to be controlled elsewhere. Our room was too hot, so we opened the windows. There was a continental breakfast with pretty typical fare, and an option to pay extra and get a hot breakfast. It would appear that they had a bar as well as a dining room for meals other than breakfast.

Stayed December 2009
iow
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I needed a hotel near to Heathrow Airport for just one night due to the bad weather conditions as we had decided to travel up the day before. The hotel is in an excellent location for transport links both by train and by bus. We caught a bus just outside the hotel to terminal 5 which took about 30 minutes as it went via Terminal 4 and the cargo centre but, as it was a local bus, it was only £2 single, cheaper with an oyster card if you have one. Every member of staff that we came across, without exception, gave us the highest standards of customer service, including the reception staff when we arrived who were checking in a party of over 40 passengers who had just had their flight cancelled and had been sent to the hotel by their airline for the night! Nothing was too much trouble. We had asked for a non-smoking room, but the first room that we were given smelled strongly of smoke. I rang down to reception and within a couple of minutes they had sent someone up to take us to another room so we didn't even have to go back down to reception. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and sound-proofed. The public areas were bright, modern and clean. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank debbieiow
Somerset england
Reviewed December 29, 2009

This hotel was advertised as close to the airport, it is not, it is in Hounslow, It Also advertised free Hotel shuttle link, it is not on the Hotel hopper route.
We had to catch a bus from the coach terminal, it took about 30min. We were not impressed, consdiering we had telphoned the hotel previously and double checked before we booked it, They lied.
Check in was fine, room was fine, Hotel meal was ok, but notihng to shout about, and we were to tired to go hunting for resturants. Breakfast was good, Then go find a bus to take us back to the airport, not that simple with suitcases in tow. If your looking for a one night stop over before your flight, then dont use this hotel, its to far out, and in the middle of knowere.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Bloomsbury
St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!