“Absolutely awful”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely awful”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

You get what you pay for, but even so...In short....ordered food in 'restaurant' / 1960s cafeteria, had to get up to get my own cutlery after food was served. Said food - terrible. I made better as a student, without a microwave, which the watery puddle underneath the food suggested had been used. Doubt the meat had seen the 'sauce' (read tinned chopped tomatoes with whole uncooked olives thrown in) had met each other before they met the plate. Went to bed. My alleged 'pillows'... 1 inch thick strips of foam in pillowcases. The concierge was already embarrassed when he brought up two 2 inch thick pieces of foam in replacement. Wifi? Offered but when it didn't work, I, as the guest, was put through to the service provider to rectify. It took 30 mins of my time to work out the service provider was at fault. Went to bed, received call at 11pm, whilst asleep, from management to find out how it went with fixing the wifi. When I asked why a) they had called at such an hour and b) had woken me up after a 16 hr day to fix their internet, they hung up. A genuine disaster, greasy smelling bedding, terrible food, alleged hotel with no service values.

1 Thank Lis D
JO K, Sales Manager at St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment following your recent visit to the hotel. I realise you you came down to see the Night Manager too after she had called to see if you had been successful in getting the internet access. She was very sorry to have disturbed you and did not intentionally hang up. I don't believe she knew what to say once she had called you other than sorry. Her service standards are normally impeccable and we frequently receive good reports about her. Had Chef been aware of your disappointment concerning the food, I am confident he would have changed your meal for you. We have an amply supply of pillows too so the Concierge could have brought you more. Clearly I cannot restore your loss of confidence however should you wish to visit us in the future I would be more than pleased to make your booking for you and endeavour to give you a better experience. Please contact me if I can help. Many thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oakmere, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed for 3-nghts and was reasonably pleased with the room. The only issues were as follows:
1. The biggest issue was that the Air Conditioning unit didn't work satisfactorily.
2. Only 2 pillows were provided (4 is normal).
3. Insufficient tea bags (only 2 per day normal).

1 Thank DaveC99
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry your stay with us was marred by the housekeeping issues you mentioned. It's a shame given we could easily have provided you with more pillows, tea bags and indeed we would have asked maintenance to check the air-con for you. Had you required additional heat we do supply heaters or alternatively we could have opened the window for you had we known. I do hope these issues will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for work purposes. It is a busy budget hotel to the west of London. It was ideal for my purposes and would also be good for a nights stay prior to or after a flight from Heathrow. There was parking but it costs £7 a night which did not impress me. The room was what I expected and was clean. I was on the ninth floor but could still hear traffic, trains and planes however I did sleep quite well. The breakfast was a little disappointing as it was obvious that cheap ingredients were used but it is a budget hotel. I will probably have to return here at some point and that is ok however I would not be impressed if this was my hotel for a holiday or break. The station and town centre are walking distance.

2 Thank Quietman70
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Our aim is always to promote good value for money and we make regular competitor checks to ensure our pricing remains so.. Our Car Parking rates are amongst the best value in Heathrow hotels, albeit I appreciate it was an additional charge for you. Turnover for breakfast is vast although we do always try to ensure there is a more than an adequate choice and supply. I have though passed on your comments to our Food & Beverage department. Overall I'm pleased you found us to be ideal for your purposes and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed overnight here with a fly and park package, which was really good value. The hotel was easy to find as they had given excellent directions. Parking was on site and secure. There was plenty of space. Check-in was prompt and efficient. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. We ate in Il Grosso and had a good value, tasty meal. We had to check out too early for breakfast, so unable to comment.
Public bus service to Heathrow and back just outside hotel was efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bucket_list68
Many thanks for your positive and constructive review. We're delighted you found us to represent good value which is something we constandtly endeavour to provide. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Good:
- The room was clean and tidy.
- There was ample tea / coffee making facilities in room.
- There was use of an iron and ironing board where required.
- vending machines with snacks and cold drinks were readily available at a reasonable price.

Bad:
- They couldn't find my room booking I made earlier on in the day, I had to wait around 10 minutes for a supervisor as there was a mix up.
- The pillows were lumpy.
- 1 lift was out of order. The other 2 lifts took an eternity (10 minute wait for a lift as the staff were using it to transport tea and coffee things to the conferencing rooms)
- Breakfast was made with the cheapest ingredients, stale croissants and luke warm food that appeared to have been sitting on the hot plate for a very long time.

On the whole not a very pleasant experience although staff were very friendly.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JO K, Sales Manager at St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectation and I have passed your comments on to our breakfast team. We are exceptionally busy for breakfast as a rule so it's unusual for food turnover not to be quick. All pastries & Croissants arrive daily, (given the amount we serve each morning). The Food & beverage Manager does keep a regular check on the quality we use and we often change suppliers if feedback is negative. Thank you once again for your comments.
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Not the best hotel in the world. Rooms are out dated and stuffy. Public areas are also warn. If you don't have to be in Feltham then I would not stay here but if you must its ok for a night for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do pride ourselves on being a good value, 3 star property, ideally situated close to Heathrow with easy access to central London. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Clemmons
Reviewed November 9, 2013

On September 24th, I departed a cruise and got a ride to Heathrow Airport. From Heathrow I had to take a cab to the Hotel as there was no Hotel Shuttle (I did realize this beforehand). When I arrived what greeted me was a huge disappointment. The Hotel description and pictures look like it was a clean, lovely, and reasonably priced Hotel but upon checking in and arriving to my room it was a different story.

On my way to my room the elevator stopped on another floor so I took a look out and I was immediately disappointed. The carpet was bunched up, worn, and bare thread from either to many cleanings or not having been replaced in many years, it was the same on my floor as well, and all I could think of was this is a potential falling and tripping hazard.

My room number on my door was hanging by one small nail/stud as the other was missing, not very impressive for 1st appearances. The room it'self look so clinical I was rather stunned. The website shows carpets in the rooms, mine was bare floor (some kind of wood) and the furnishings were shoddy at best. I work both in the cruise industry and as a travel consultant so instinctively I went to check out the mattress and my instincts were correct. The mattress had no kind of protection on it and there were a few long strands of hair on the mattress as well as some small dark spots along with small blood spots, indicating previous or current bed bugs. At that point I decided to find another Hotel.

Internet was very slow and it took a little bit to find a place to stay. I called down to the front desk and spoke to the manager on duty and told them that the Hotel was not acceptable especially given the condition of the mattress and I advised I would be checking out immediately. No one apologized, offered to refund the payment I made for the 24 hr internet, or offered any other kind of compensation (Not necessarily looking for one) but anyplace reputable would have done so. The nature of the business.

What I can tell you that I thought is a positive is that the Hotel is close to Public Transportation, outside of that I could not find anything else. I am by no means the pickiest person on this planet and I have stayed in some pretty down type places but the mattress is what was the deal breaker to my leaving.

I would like to think maybe in the future they will upgrade this Hotel to a much higher level and make a go of it. I unfortunately will not be back anytime soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mimi1221
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you were so disappointed. The hotel has 310 bedrooms, 2 of which on the 1st floor do have laminate flooring for occasional use as syndicate rooms. All other facilities are the same as our standard bedroom product. 8 of our 10 floors have all recently had new corridor carpets and I'm pleased to advise that the remaining 2 floors are being re-carpetted this week. All of our bedrooms have also been re-carpetted in the last 12 months together with our restaurant, the exception being the room you stayed in, as I mentioned. Whilst our rates are very competitive and offer excellent value for money, I appreciate this becomes insignificant if you did not enjoy your stay. I passed your comments to our Housekeeping department who of course were very concerned. High standards of cleanliness are of paramount importance at all times and even though we are exceptionally busy year round, this remains a top priority. There was no evidence of anything untoward in the room you occupied. Clearly there is little I can do to make things right for you however in the event you will give us an opportunity to restore your confidence I would welcome the chance to do so.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Bloomsbury
St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!