“Good to fly!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Good to fly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed overnight here with a fly and park package, which was really good value. The hotel was easy to find as they had given excellent directions. Parking was on site and secure. There was plenty of space. Check-in was prompt and efficient. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet. We ate in Il Grosso and had a good value, tasty meal. We had to check out too early for breakfast, so unable to comment.
Public bus service to Heathrow and back just outside hotel was efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bucket_list68
JO K, Sales Manager at St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Many thanks for your positive and constructive review. We're delighted you found us to represent good value which is something we constandtly endeavour to provide. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Good:
- The room was clean and tidy.
- There was ample tea / coffee making facilities in room.
- There was use of an iron and ironing board where required.
- vending machines with snacks and cold drinks were readily available at a reasonable price.

Bad:
- They couldn't find my room booking I made earlier on in the day, I had to wait around 10 minutes for a supervisor as there was a mix up.
- The pillows were lumpy.
- 1 lift was out of order. The other 2 lifts took an eternity (10 minute wait for a lift as the staff were using it to transport tea and coffee things to the conferencing rooms)
- Breakfast was made with the cheapest ingredients, stale croissants and luke warm food that appeared to have been sitting on the hot plate for a very long time.

On the whole not a very pleasant experience although staff were very friendly.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JO K, Sales Manager at St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectation and I have passed your comments on to our breakfast team. We are exceptionally busy for breakfast as a rule so it's unusual for food turnover not to be quick. All pastries & Croissants arrive daily, (given the amount we serve each morning). The Food & beverage Manager does keep a regular check on the quality we use and we often change suppliers if feedback is negative. Thank you once again for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Feltham hotels

Leuven, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Not the best hotel in the world. Rooms are out dated and stuffy. Public areas are also warn. If you don't have to be in Feltham then I would not stay here but if you must its ok for a night for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do pride ourselves on being a good value, 3 star property, ideally situated close to Heathrow with easy access to central London. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Clemmons
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

On September 24th, I departed a cruise and got a ride to Heathrow Airport. From Heathrow I had to take a cab to the Hotel as there was no Hotel Shuttle (I did realize this beforehand). When I arrived what greeted me was a huge disappointment. The Hotel description and pictures look like it was a clean, lovely, and reasonably priced Hotel but upon checking in and arriving to my room it was a different story.

On my way to my room the elevator stopped on another floor so I took a look out and I was immediately disappointed. The carpet was bunched up, worn, and bare thread from either to many cleanings or not having been replaced in many years, it was the same on my floor as well, and all I could think of was this is a potential falling and tripping hazard.

My room number on my door was hanging by one small nail/stud as the other was missing, not very impressive for 1st appearances. The room it'self look so clinical I was rather stunned. The website shows carpets in the rooms, mine was bare floor (some kind of wood) and the furnishings were shoddy at best. I work both in the cruise industry and as a travel consultant so instinctively I went to check out the mattress and my instincts were correct. The mattress had no kind of protection on it and there were a few long strands of hair on the mattress as well as some small dark spots along with small blood spots, indicating previous or current bed bugs. At that point I decided to find another Hotel.

Internet was very slow and it took a little bit to find a place to stay. I called down to the front desk and spoke to the manager on duty and told them that the Hotel was not acceptable especially given the condition of the mattress and I advised I would be checking out immediately. No one apologized, offered to refund the payment I made for the 24 hr internet, or offered any other kind of compensation (Not necessarily looking for one) but anyplace reputable would have done so. The nature of the business.

What I can tell you that I thought is a positive is that the Hotel is close to Public Transportation, outside of that I could not find anything else. I am by no means the pickiest person on this planet and I have stayed in some pretty down type places but the mattress is what was the deal breaker to my leaving.

I would like to think maybe in the future they will upgrade this Hotel to a much higher level and make a go of it. I unfortunately will not be back anytime soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mimi1221
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you were so disappointed. The hotel has 310 bedrooms, 2 of which on the 1st floor do have laminate flooring for occasional use as syndicate rooms. All other facilities are the same as our standard bedroom product. 8 of our 10 floors have all recently had new corridor carpets and I'm pleased to advise that the remaining 2 floors are being re-carpetted this week. All of our bedrooms have also been re-carpetted in the last 12 months together with our restaurant, the exception being the room you stayed in, as I mentioned. Whilst our rates are very competitive and offer excellent value for money, I appreciate this becomes insignificant if you did not enjoy your stay. I passed your comments to our Housekeeping department who of course were very concerned. High standards of cleanliness are of paramount importance at all times and even though we are exceptionally busy year round, this remains a top priority. There was no evidence of anything untoward in the room you occupied. Clearly there is little I can do to make things right for you however in the event you will give us an opportunity to restore your confidence I would welcome the chance to do so.
Carmel, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was a long layover between Tel Aviv and Pisa Italy so i decided to book a room close to Heathrow. The question I did not ask, was close from which terminal. My flight was late due to mechanical issues, so I took a cab. 27.5 euros almost 40 US dollars. Not on my plan to save money butnI was tired as it was almost 11 pm after a long delay. . However the room was fine, good bed, and after asking the hotel they opened up a very unique window so I could get fresh air. Nice coffee/tea in room. Excellent water pressure and and the return trip to terminal 5 for my next leg to Pisa Italy was on 2.4 euros on bus 490. Very convenient and the hotel staff were very helpful.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs. I never leave home without the,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased you took advantage of the very competitively priced public transport facility - the bus as you know stops literally outside the hotel! The point about not being able to open the window oneself does get mentioned frequently. Concierge hold the key, (for safety purposes) and they will always assist if asked.
We sincerely hope you'll visit us again on your next stopover.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times now and the hotel just gets better. I always use this hotel if I'm lucky enough to get tickets for the England Rugby Internationals. The station is within walking distance and two stops on the train and you are at Twickenham. Lovely clean rooms, excellent breakfast (buffet style) and very reasonably priced bar. I haven't eaten here other than breakfast because of the local restaurants.
Wettherspoons is just across the road and just beyond the station is the Green Gurka Tandori which is well worth a visit. Staff are excellent and very helpful, check in was quick and easy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your constructive & positive feedback is most welcome! I have passed on your comments to all concerned who will appreciate your feedback I know. Worth mentioning too we do offer some excellent priced 'specials' in Il Grasso restaurant, especially on match days - could be worth a try on your next visit!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have stayed at the St Giles about 3 times now and for my use it was perfect near train station nice friendly satff and rooms are comfortable. fits with what i need when in London for business. food at night was nice never had a bad meal.

Room Tip: take a room on a high floor away from lifts this has worked for me every time.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JO K, Sales Manager at St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review St Giles Heathrow. Your constructive & positive review is most helpful. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Bloomsbury
St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!