“Good stay not too far from Heathrow”

St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Dublin, Ireland
“Good stay not too far from Heathrow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here while flying from heathrow. The hotel is a bit of a distance from the airport to call itself an actual airport hotel but this is a plus in my opinion, easier to get a nights sleep or sleep during the day! Great views of London if you get a room that faces the city, can see for 40 miles I'd guess. Breakfast was ok in the morning, nothing spectacular but great to have it included for such a great price. The biggest asset of the hotel is it's minutes walk from Feltham railway station, you're in Waterloo in 30 mins.

Room Tip: Get a room at the highest floor possible and facing the city.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SeamusDublin101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I would avoid this one if I were you.

Firstly, not near Heathrow.

Restaurant is poor.

Seem to be under staffed.

The building needs love.

Rooms lack any character. A Premier Inn or something of that nature is more comfortable.

You can hear trains and planes.

Generally, I was unimpressed and stayed no longer than I had too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Feltham hotels

Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not a good start when I rang the hotel from Feltham train station when I arrived and they directed me the wrong way. From then on it was pretty good. Very near the town with Nando's, Asda etc. The bed was firm but not uncomfortable and the shower had good pressure (1st floor). Did not eat at restaurant so can't comment. The room was a decent size. The airport noise was not a problem.

The air-con only blew cold, not warm as it was meant to, but when rang reception they quickly brought a portable heater. The fuses tripped when we put it and kettle on but when re-set and avoided doing it again all was ok.

Overall this was a good place to stay the night before going to Heathrow (£20 in taxi, £3.90 per person in bus to terminal 3). Not sure about a long stay though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here with my sister when we went to a concert at Twickenham. We had a twin room on the 10th floor.

Room was pretty clean. Nice and quiet despite being next to road, train line and Heathrow flight path. Polite and friendly staff.

Some issues we had were:
1. Booking was made through laterooms.com (or late bookings?!). They had emailed my reservation over but the reservation team hasn't actually entered it into the system. This meant we couldn't check in straight away and had to wait for our reservation to be loaded up. Receptionist was very apologetic
2. Hairs in the bath/on the tiles that were not ours!
3. Underside of duvet cover had some questionable white stains on it. Luckily I had a sheet between me and the cover!

Despite some minor cleanliness issues, this hotel is great value for money and perfect location for Heathrow or Twickenham (or London).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Lincolnshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed in this hotel over the May bank holiday, location excellent with easy access to Heathrow airport and local train station (main route into London Waterloo) is just over the road. Didn't have breakfast (not included in price) went to the local ASDA which is also very near.
The Hotel is very basic, there was no shower gel supplied, and only 2 tea bags. The decore in the room was tired to say the least. And one of the bath towels was dirty which we didn't notice until getting out of the shower so too late to get it changed. On the Saturday night there was a lot of noise in the corridor from other guests leaving early morning, which you cannot blame on the hotel, but did disturb our sleep.
The Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and the service in the restaurant was excellent, food good.
Would stay here again because of the location, but don't expect any luxury.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at St Giles for one night with coach party. Room was spacious and clean. Comfortable bed and clean bed linen. Bathroom clean - plenty of towels. This is a huge hotel - 10 floors I think. From a purely personal point of view would have preferred windows that open but for obvious reasons not possible on the 8th floor. Did not have much contact with staff so cannot comment.
Breakfast was reasonable but not very hot - same with the coffee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

May 4th 2013- May 5th

After a twelve hour journey, all I wanted to do was go straight to sleep!
The impression of the hotel is lovely, everyone dressed smartly and beautiful decorations, if only the room was up to par.

As soon as I opened the door, I hear a BZZZZZZZZZZZZ, either a swarm of bees hiding or an annoying fan somewhere! I noticed a large crack in the mirror, which had been chipped, the carpet was dirty, and had paper clips all over it?

The bathroom had brown stains, BROWN! on the floor... I tried to clean this up so I wouldn't embarrass my partner, but nothing was clean! so I gave up and pointed it out to him. wanting a quick cup of tea the kettle had water in it from before, along with a few creepy crawlies!

To make it even worse, as he was about to get into bed, he noticed it was filthy. odd stains throughout the sheets, hairs! and the mattress had burns and yellowed stains throughout..

No one had made an effort, I had enough.

my partner went downstairs to complain only to be replied with " oh yeah sorry about that, you're also next to the railway so you'll get the train every few moments too

after a long journey and frankly a disgusting room my partner went downstairs to complain only to be replied with "oh yeah sorry, its THAT room, you can hear the train go past every few minutes too" finally the lady offered another room on a higher floor (level 9, we were on 8) and I have to say the room was lovely, twice the size, CLEAN! a few broken fixtures on the windows, but I honestly didn't care anymore.

BREAKFAST:

Oh lord, worse than the first room! it was like a national field day there, no one cared where to sit us or where anything is except " NO COOKED BREAKFAST FOR YOU" I was'nt expecting a cooked breakfast but a clean table would be nice?

we managed to find one table, sticky and looked nasty. we sat next to the toasters, which were broken!
so I had a croissant and some orange juice, as there were empty dishes, not food offered... I did ask for some brown bread, but the man huffed at me and slapped white bread on the table.

The younger staff looked so depressed, I felt terrible for them, they were being screamed at and sweared at.. yet they still carried on doing their job. If only the man 'greeting' customers would learn to speak to others better.

EVENING:
I would of eaten in the restaurant, as I love Italian food, but if I can't trust a cleaner to do their job, why should I trust a chef there?
So we ate at the local Wetherspoons, a 5 minute walk! lovely places to go an see and eat at. I recommend it if you are with a coach tour ( as were we ) as you are only there for one night.

Overall I give this a 2 out of 5... The hotel is awful, but the better room and wetherspoons made me happier.

I'd go again only if I was bringing a sleeping bag and a packed lunch.

- I also work in a hotel, so I know what 'service' is.

Room Tip: if you don't think it's okay ask for a nice room. 9th floor is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Bloomsbury
St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!