“An average hotel”

St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed on a Shearings coach trip .Another coach trip staying overnight on the Saturday night too - this resulted in very busy breakfast area in the morning ( also a few rugby supporters staying). Choice for breakfast was average. A well located hotel for rugby matches at Twickenham.

Room was good, appeared clean. Bathroom was spotless. Room 934 was huge. On end of the building, away from the lift. This was a double room with separate seating area with sofa bed which could sleep another two people. However, the sofa bed was difficult to manoeuvre and had some horrific staining. That was a real shame.

Overall the hotel was OK - our trip was good value for money. I would have been disappointed if had to pay a high price for a room. Check in could have been quicker if the two reception staff had worked more efficiently with the queue - instead there was one chap sorting everyone out with a sullen looking lady just standing looking at her computer doing very little. A smile and a 'can I help you wouldn't go amiss'. The young chap was very helpful.

If you have can pay £45 for a room then its about fine but any more and I would be hugely disappointed.

Room Tip: Liked high floor, on side of hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I had the misfortune to stay at this hotel last week whilst at Twickenham for the ruby match.I checked in in the evening after a long day and within 2 minutes of being in the room I saw a rather large cockroach run across the floor to the bathroom.
I'm not a celebrity...but I got out of there!!
I was given another room straight away but the bed was sooooo uncomfortable,I awoke every hour because of the dip in the middle and couldn't turn over!

Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Frequent T
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed 1 night on a shearings break. The room was clean, had a large bathroom and a comfortable bed. Close to Feltham BR station, plentiful bus services and a Lidl opposite for sandwiches/snacks at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Rooms with odd numbers are on the opposite side of the hotel to the Heathrow flight paths so are muc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay to see England V Austrailia at Twickenham. We turned up early expecting to leave our luggage but the lovely girl on check in checked for us and we managed to get straight in our room!

Feltham train station is a stones throw away with direct link to twickenham so great for us. £4.40 for a day return!

This is not a five star plush hotel but then again it is not five star money the room was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee making and plenty of clean fresh towels.

Parking is £7 a day which is not bad travelodge at twickenham charge £14.40 on match days.

On return from the match we had a few drinks in the bar along with other supporters a really good and relaxed atmosphere.

The room had black out curtains and even though it is an airport hotel we hardly heard any noise.

Had full english breakfast which was buffet style with all the usual trimmings very nice too with thick bacon (some hotels we have stayed in lately have cheap thin fatty bacon) which set us up for our journey back up the M1.

All in all it was good value for money for the price we paid and we would definately return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The overall was great to stay there and I recommend the executive room as I got updated from the standard, the food is a Italian cuisine whitch is delicious and for the breakfast you can try and enjoy the Buffett almost full English breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'll keep this short as the St. Giles is an airport hotel and I only had a few hours there.

ROOMS: Very basic - on par with a lot of hostels I have stayed in. However, they were clean and offered coffee making facilities and a working flat-screen television. Had a good night sleep.

STAFF: The staff were very helpful, providing information about parking and bus services.

LOCATION: Naturally, as an airport hotel, you won't be wandering around Feltham looking for things to do - which is good as it seemed to be a rough area. The bus from the hotel to the airport was easy to catch (about a one minute walk down the road) and cost a few pounds. Took about 20 minutes to get to Terminal 4.

PARKING: This was the main thing that sold the hotel to me. Easy to access and seemed safe enough to leave a car for ten days.

BAR: Worth mentioning as I had two pints the evening before my flight. Like the hotel, the bar is no-frills, but the staff were friendly and served a decent selection of beer.

OVERALL: Don't arrive expecting luxury and you'll have a decent stay. Apart from being a little shabby in some areas, this hotel gave me a decent nights sleep at a reasonable price (with 10 days parking included, about £90)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Together with five other choirs, our choir had the misfortune to be allocated this hotel by the company organising travel arrangements. An evening meal was provided, but surfice it to say that it was the worst meal I have ever had the misfortune to eat. My wife refused to eat it. Tepid soup, cold pasta, soggy, taistless risoto and a fruit salad that was mostly juice! Breakfast next morning improved slightly, but not much. Prior to leaving for the Royal Albert Hall a snack was provided which consisted of uncuttable pizza with a few chips. The post concert snack (bacon and sousage bun) was not too bad, but rather greasy. The rolls were the best thing served up all weekend. The room was basic and fairly clean, but you had to get out of bed to switch off the bedside light (the room was designed for a queensized bed, but this had been replaced with a standard double bed). The whole place gave the impression of being rather "tired" and in need of some TLC. Needless to say our choir is not booking this hotel for our stay next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Bloomsbury
St Giles London - A St Giles Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!