“Stinky little hotel”

St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Feltham
Reviewed December 29, 2007

We stayed here for two nights and what a mistake.Reception was slow unhelpful and unable to find our room as there was a mix up. We eventually got our room halfway down a smelly dark corridor. The size was ok, the bathroom small and the bed was like sleeping literally on rocks.During the night the door was opened but the chain was across so not sure who it was.
The other fun we had was that the restaurant and bar food finished at 9pm so we had just arrived from our flight thought we could something but no not even room service, it was around 9.15pm at that stage.
The town of Feltham was a few minutes walk away and only one pizza franchise there so we had to make do.
Not a great hotel all round. Very basic on service and facilites.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 30, 2007

We booked in a travelodge but it was flooded so travelodge kindly paid for us to stay here and compensated us with £50, Great customer service from travelodge, shame it wasn`t the same here .

From the outside it looks a really nice hotel and no doubt it could be a nice hotel with a few changes and some staff training.

Check in . About 6 people patiently waited in front of me to check in . After 15 minutes it was my turn and the receptionist didnt seem to understand what I was saying . After talking slowly and clearly he finally understood that a room was booked in my name . He gave me a key card that sadly didnt work so I had to join the back of the queue again .

Room. Its such a shame, the room had potential to be really nice but the uncomfortable and lumpy bed made for a very poor nights sleep . We only had one pillow each so phoned reception for more , I was amazed when he hung up after mumbling something about he would see what he could do. A man arrived and said that he only had one spare pillow. He left one pillow which stank of smoke, we didnt use it .

Breakfast . We were first in for brekkie so expected it to be nice and hot . The beans were cold ( as in not heated up at all) . Not a nice breakfast at all.

Parking was £5 a night , the area didnt look too nice but we did get a nice chinese take away from over the road .

Verdict . Stay elsewhere if you can

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bestyman
Reviewed October 25, 2007

I have to admit I was rather concerned about staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews, but my experience was a pleasant one.
First of all it is a budget hotel, so don't expect luxury.
Second it is close to heathrow so expect some noise!
Feltham is not the 'hell hole' it is made out to be in some of the reviews. We felt perfcetly happy to walk about with a large group of children in the evening, and the people we came into contact with (at the nearby Macdonalds etc) were extremly nice and very helpful.
Likewise staff at the hotel. Whilst they didn't go out of thier way, they handled our query's and requests promptly and were always polite.
Rooms were basic, but clean and had everything we needed for a short stay (we were there 2 nights). Some of the beds were rather lumpy (we had about 16 rooms for our group, with 2/3 or 4 beds per room - every combination possible really) and my room in particular smelled very strongly of smoke which was rather annoying, but apart from that the rooms were big enough for our needs and comfortable.
We only ate in the restaurant for breakfast, and whilst we had to wait a little while to be seated (as our group was large) the restaurant staff worked hard to ensure we didn't have to wait too long. The breakfast was decent enough with a good choice and hot items were replenished on a regular basis.
I don't feel the hotel deserves some of the negative reviews based on my personal experience, and as usual you get what you pay for.
We stayed at this hotel as we were going to Legoland, and the location was ideal for this.
To summarise, this is a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip as a lot of hotels in the area were fully booked. After reading the reviews here I was worried that the hotel might not be up to much but it was actually pretty good. The rooms in the hotel are basic, comparable to a Travelodge hotel. The reception areas and bar are of a good standard and the food in the restaurant was good. Its not the best hotel you will ever stay in but most of the visitors appear to be single night stays before using the airport. If your not a fan of hotel food then there is a very good indian restaurant a short walk from the hotel and also a cinema/restaurant complex just a 10 minute walk in to Feltham.

A good hotel, clean and simple, ideal for an overnight stay near to Heathrow

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2007

This hotel is pretty basic. Room and bathroom were small and furnishings were a little shabby. Bed was firm but OK. Check in and service was relatively efficient. I stayed here for one night to catch an early flight from Heathrow and it was good for this. I was driving and it took 20 minutes to get to the Hertz drop off.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2007

We arranged to stay here as it was convenient to get to the Police concert at Twickenham.
We found the hotel to be good. It is a basic hotel but it was clean and it was a base We found no faults and had no complaints. We did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food..
The area although not exactly interesting was safe enough for 2 females to walk about and to and from the train station which is just a 5 minute walk away. We live in the country and at no time did I feel unsafe.
If you need a base especially to get to Twickenham it is very convenient just a 10 minute journey on the train.
I would definately stay here again if I was going to Twickenham again.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank concertlover
Reviewed August 30, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night before returning home when we caught a late night flight back into Heathrow.

We checked in with minimum fuss even though it was late. The room was clean but it was a bit basic and characterless. The bathroom was fine although the plug in the bath didn't work.

Breakfast was good - lots of choice and variety and served from 6.30 -10am.

I'd only recommend this hotel for business users or a short stop off like us. It was convenient for Heathrow (about 20 minute drive) but it was nothing special. Also, the parking was quite exspensive (£5)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Feltham
Travelodge London Feltham
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4
Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Airport
Ambassador Heathrow Hotel
2 mi away
Travelodge Heathrow Central
Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel

Been to St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel? Share your experiences!