“Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2019

The Needham Mob had another lovely evening out and all 6 of us enjoyed our meals. We had a warm friendly welcome that continued with all staff throughout the evening. Service was very good and all our various dishes we all enjoyed. A good selection of ales went down well with the boys. We went on a Friday evening and it was busy but unlike other places they had plenty of staff to cope so service was good. Would we return? You bet we will. Thank you everyone at the Fountain.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Took my Mum here on Saturday (day before Mother's day) to treat her to dinner. Excellent service as always, and despite being absolutely rammed we were put on a quiet table in the corner. Both ordered starters which arrived promptly and were delicious. We then both had the moules which were also excellent. Very reasonable to boot. Always love coming here.

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

We had a lovely meal. Although it was very busy, the service was excellent and the food, as always, was delicious!

2  Thank Dinerlady
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

Arrived wednesday evening for a mid week treat, very friendly staff gave us our table, drinks to start, great beer on tap and wine by the glass. Moules Marinier to start, a huge portion of Mussels, which were cooked to perfection, followed by a small steak and pepper sauce, served with chips, tomatoes and mushrooms, was tasty also. washed down with an irish coffee, very nice, will definatley be a revisit from us.

1  Thank RioDean1999
Reviewed March 15, 2019 via mobile

Since I previously have mentioned how much I love this place, I thought since new management had come in I would re do my review, anyway the price is fairly expensive however it’s a fairly nice place so that’s fine (in my eyes) portion sizes have always been fine and staff are generally polite and well rehearsed on the menu. However the changes they’ve made to the menu are not satisfactory, being in a family of 4 I find that a lot of items on the menu are not child friendly which is a shame because I’ve seen a lot of families enjoy meals here under previous owners. I find that the lamb burger is a downgrade from the beef burger that was previously on the menu however in my opinion it’s still one of the best dishes other than the roasts which always come with plenty of meat the potatoes are lovely and a big serving of vegetables and a big Yorkshire pudding (I prefer my Yorkshire pudding warmer than I have previously had here but I accept that’s hard to do for timing reasons) overall still an enjoyable place but not so child friendly, still my local and will continue to support them!

Date of visit: January 2019