Ways to Experience Sofiyivka Park
from $200.00
More Info
from $87.93
More Info
All reviews romantic place his wife beautiful nature fresh air boat trip street food love this place lakes sofia flowers polish statues rest kiev odessa ukraine count
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2016

Very big and beautiful park with a lot of statues, sculptures, waterfalls and stones. Definitely worth a visit, does not matter what season it is. I recommend to take a guided excursion, as there is an interesting story behind its creation and there is a lot of hidden meaning in the different parts of the park, which become clear only if one knows the story. I have been there with my family, as well as with my friends from abroad and everybody totally likes it.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Wild_Basil
Reviewed November 3, 2016

For sure it is one of the most amazing garden-parks that I've ever seen! Ukrain can be very much proud of! We were there on the 25th of October. Autumn is so beautiful and you realize it there. My advice would be to go there one of the other season day (actually, and winter, and spring, and sommer)

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

Sophiyivska park was an absolutely beautiful way to spend a day trip from Kyiv (or Odessa, or Dnipro, etc.). Depending on your outlook, it could be considered overcrowded or lively. I fell into the latter category on my visit and I delighted in the lively and excited crowds of Ukrainian, Polish, and even Russian tourists that joined me in touring the grounds.

Walking around the park is gratifying enough but boat rides and various local traditions/superstitions about the park make your visit more lively. The souvenir shopping and street food are also fun.

If you don't like crowds, I definitely recommend visiting on a weekday in the off season. Even on a day that barely got above freezing, it was completely jam-packed.

1  Thank Kyle_from_Colorado
Reviewed October 4, 2016

I mean what more can i say- I planned this trip after seeing the pictures online....practiced my proposal of course in Russian/Ukrainian but when the correct moment arrived.... we were all alone on one of the trails..anyway got on one knee and she said YES which is all that matters... ring too big so I got my second chance to propose In Russian/Ukrainian and got it right! Park is just like nothing else I have ever seen... THE most romantic place I have ever been... just go. We went after most of the flowers sadly were gone... advise go there in late Spring/early Summer if flowers are your thing... VERY green place.... families also on grass having picnics and so on. The day we went was also Jewish New Year (A Sunday) so it was quite crowded... but we couldnt have cared less... to repeat= JUST GO !!!!

Reviewed September 18, 2016 via mobile

Nice park, where you can rent a boat and visit underground river. Big amount of nice trees and other green plants are there, fresh air, lakes and so on -- awesome nature in one word. Also, don.t forget to take some food for dinner, coz there is no place to get normal meal there. You can find big amount of awful stuff like magnetic souvenirs and other trash instead of good food... Plan about 4-6 hours to check all significant places in a slow tempo. Definitely must go.

Date of experience: September 2016