“A view of heaven!”
Review of Timamoon

Timamoon
Ranked #1 of 16 Specialty Lodging in Sabie
Reviewed February 6, 2014

From the moment you cross the river and drive through the wooden, decorative gates, you enter into the enchanting world of Timamoon. Every little detail is taken care of but I'm not going to mention too many of them as it will spoil it when you visit - that would be the best decision you ever make.

The rooms are secluded and hidden within lush greenery so you wont see anyone but have eyes only for the glorious views. We stayed in the Blue Moon room, with decor from various travels the Hammonds (owners) have been on and it all works so well. The day bed which over hangs the edge of ground the room is built on, is a great way to start unwinding while enjoying a picnic prepared by the kitchen. Then a quick splash into the plunge pool drinking a cold glass of wine and listening to the soothing sounds from the cd player & the singing birds on the trees. Meals were a real treat. The chefs outdid themselves and one of the main reasons we chose Timamoon was the promise of gourmet food - PERFECTION! The Star bar is another ingenious idea, drinking cocktails surrounded by little waterways and stepping stones (see it to believe it). There is so much to see and do but most importantly, you feel like the most important guests and leave wishing you could stay another day. It's worth every penny and you'll not regret it. Thanks Maurice and Gaylyn Hammond for sharing this treasure with us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi to both of you
Thanks for a wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
The daybeds was an idea we pinched from our trip to Bali. We built them stilts so that you can lie there and enjoy the endless views.
I will pass on your comments to our chef who will be delighted!
Hope to see you again on your next trip

Reviewed February 5, 2014

One of the most beautiful places. My husband and I went for our 7th year anniversary and loved it from the moment we drove into the big gates. It was like driving into another world. The hospitality was great from all the staff. Everyone was so helpful and accommodating. They made our experience very memorable. The chalets are very secluded, concealed and so beautifully decorated. You can't help but relax. Love the sky-beds at each chalet. Lilian, the chef made the most pleasing and exceptional food. The breakfasts were fabulous and the picnic baskets we had at our chalet was beautifully prepared. We booked the private dining room and a definite must to experience. So nice to lounge on the big bed in between dinner. The mood was set and once again the food splendid. There's so much to say about Timamoon. A definite must for anyone to experience. Loved it! Loved it! Will most definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi
Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you loved the private dinning room. We only completed it about a year ago and it has seen many proposals (Even a few celebs have popped the question in that room!!)
Thanks for the comments on the food I will let the chef know as they love the feedback
I do hope we see you again soon

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband surprised me with a long weekend last year at Timamoon for our babymoon. I was 36 weeks pregnant and I absolutely loved it!! The whole property is unbelievably beautiful, like it's not part of this world.
Every little detail in the room, from the linen to the bath is unique and fits the atmosphere perfectly. The views from the room, with the plunge pool and the day bad were breath taking.
The food is amazing!! breakfast was really good and just enough to keep you going for the day. Dinner was a whole experience on its own... I love my food, and I absolutely loved every dinner.
We had walks along the river and just relaxed.
The only negative thing for us was the massage treatment. We thought it would be really good as they come to your room, but it's outsourced and the therapists weren't great.
I really hope we can go back again sometime soon. Definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: They look all amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Xuxa_SD

Hi
Well I am sure your baby has arrived !!! The peacefulness of Timamoon must be a distant memory by now!
Thanks for your review and all your generous comments about the decor and the food
WE wish you well with your new family

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Timamoon is truly a gem in the heart of the Low Veld. My Fiance and I went there to escape everyday life and re-connect with each other and with nature.

The days started early and the mornings were spent exploring the surrounding forests for hours. Afternoons were spent between the rim flow pool and the raised day bed that overlooked the bush!

The food, staff and the accommodation were all top class and the whole package is exactly what couples need every once in a while!

We will most certainly be back again soon.

Hi
Thanks for your generous review. I think you absolutely right about couples needing to reconnect every so often.
We do have so many guests who come to Timamoon for just that reason and you can see them just fall in love all over again! That is when I really love Timamoon. We give you the setting and you make the magic happen.
Hope to see you for one of your wedding anniversaries one days

Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a wonderful weekend, form the lovely private villa that has everything you need so you do not have to go anywhere to the awesome views and the sparkling private pool that ensures you have no choice but to relax. The food is an added bonus, Chef Lilly is a master no matter what dish she serves it is delicious. Every staff member is friendly and looks after your every need. The prices of any additional drinks are very reasonable, they do not add the exuberant tourist prices. I recommend Timamoon to every couple needing some quality time together.

Hi
Thanks for great review. It is always important for me to know that not only was the villa and the setting loved but that the service of the staff was good as well. I will pass this onto them
I am pleased you mentioned the prices of the drinks as we have intentionally tried to keep them reasonable as there is nothing worse then cringing when you take a drink out the mini bar or when you decide to have a nice bottle of red with your dinner.
I think Lilly our chef is a gem too, she has great understanding of flavours.
Hope to see you soon

Reviewed November 17, 2013

It's such a unique establishment with the best views ever. The area is rich with trees, you feel like you are in a rainforest! The villas are palatial, with beautiful bathrooms, private pool. We spent the whole day, by the fire place since it was raining on that day. The food was out of this world, this world!

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review!
The big log fireplaces in the room can be just as lovely and probably more romantic!
Visit us again soon

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The pictures on the website already pushed our expectations quite high - but they were even exceeded!

The best thing wasn't even shown - an outside bed which basically lay over the trees... Fantastic!

- Excellent food and wine for dinner
- Salads & wraps served to the villa for lunch (probably the best salmon salad I ever had)
- Wonderful massage in front of our villa
- Perfect (served) breakfast!

We really enjoyed it and it definitely will be a part of our next SA vacation!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi
Thanks for your complimentary response. I have to agree the outside daybeds are wonderful and we have no guests at one of the villas my husband and I take a glass of wine and watch the sunset from the daybed so we know what you talking about!
The massages in the privacy of your villa is popular and I am glad you enjoyed them
We do hope to see you again on your next visit to South Africa
Gaylyn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sabie
Summerfields Rose Retreat & Spa
#7 of 41 in Hazyview
Merry Pebbles Resort
Merry Pebbles Resort
#4 of 16 in Sabie

Been to Timamoon? Share your experiences!