“GREAT LITTLE PLACE”

Illtud's 216
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Met with some friends for dinner in Llantwit Major not an area I frequent usually but I must say this restaurant tucked away in the little side street was a pleasant find the food was excellent the portions of chips given as a side dish are enormous along with the side dish of vegetables trust me this is one restaurant that you won’t leave feeling hungry like many I’ve visited at times, The service was a little slow down to the fact that they were short staffed but the one thing that we were a little dissatisfied with was we ordered a bottle of wine at a cost of £16.50 when it was delivered to the table their was a label around the neck of the bottle with a £5.00 price tag still displayed I appreciate their is a mark up on wine in restaurants but I would prefer not to have it so obviously shown. But as mentioned the food was good and would visit again.

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant as it was highly recommended.
Fantastic welcome and good service were spoiled by the poor quality of the food - especially the meat.
If they want to maintain their high standards they need to change their butcher or get the chef to be more diligent in his selection.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

We came here with my partner’s family on recommendation from his brother. We all loved our meals, the food was delicious and good value, we had the 2 courses for £12.50. There were 7 of us and we often receive slow service when we go out and meals arrive at different times but at Illtud’s 216 the service was fast and friendly and the dishes arrived together. I had the gnocchi for my main and it was probably the best I’ve had! The sauce was incredible and the way they cooked the gnocchi in butter gave it a wonderful texture and flavour. All of the dishes were beautifully presented as well as tasting delicious. We will definitely be back

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a real gem. Two course of freshly prepared food for £10.50. Delicious!
Excelent service, stylish surroundings.Could not find fault.

1  Thank Steve C
Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Just enjoyed another amazing Sunday lunch at this fantastic restaurant in Llantwit Major. As usual the food was cooked to perfection, piping hot and generous portions. But particular praise must be heaped upon the soup of the day. Goerg, the chef/proprietor served spinach soup with a poached egg and natural yoghurt with mint. It was truly inspirational. Only a matter of time before the man from Michelin gives this fabulous restaurant a few stars. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Nigelb777