“A great place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Blitar
Perth, Australia
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this hotel early this year. We took one of their package deal. What a place! What a deal. The tours were very good indeed. The picnic is unbelievable. The service was excellent. I will definitely come back and stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ratna S
Hotel Tugu B, Manager at Hotel Tugu Blitar, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mrs. Ratna in Perth,

Thank you for taking your time off to write a good review of the hotel. We are truly happy to read of your nice experience during stay with us.
We look forward to met you again on your next coming to Blitar.

Best regards,
Suhartini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My colleague and I were astounded by the graciousness of the hotel but even more by that of the staff. This was truly a memorable stay and I would recommend it to any traveler. In fact, we plan to bring our college students next year if at all possible

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the hotel but travel less expensively ask for a room in the book. Not "fan...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Tugu B, Manager at Hotel Tugu Blitar, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Ms. Cynthia,

Thank for leaving a nice review, we are truly happy to read of your wonderful experience during stay with us at Hotel Tugu Blitar.
We wait for your next coming and we hope you will have another memorable experience.

Kind regards,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The small City of Blitar is worth a visit anyway, because of it's historical architecture and the nearby temple Penataran and the tomb of Indonesia first president Bung Karno. The Tugu Blitar is the perfect place to dive deeper into this kind of atmosphere. The place is really nice and the staff is very friendly. You will certainly find more luxourious Hotels in Indonesia, but the Tugu offers a unique experience for very reasonable Prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Hiltrud,

Thank you for your time to post such a great comment of your stay with us at Hotel Tugu Blitar.
We would be delighted to have you stay with us on your next trip to Blitar once again.

Best regards,
bangladesh
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our family really liked this hotel in Blitar. We stayed in a big, comfortable room with decent internet and really enjoyed the outside bathroom and bathtub. Though there is no pool, the boys had great fun playing tag on the grounds. Even though the hotel oozes history and class, it is not expensive and has a variety of rooms and people from different socioeconomic classes staying - mostly Indonesian guests when we were there. The food is good though the restaurant could be made to appear a bit more stylish in keeping with the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kathmandu
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After staying at the Malang place, this place was smaller but none the less fascinating, with the presidential suite and its memorable decor! Room was comfortable, good service, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have just returned recently from our trip to Surabaya - Blitar, I was there with my son, my sister and brother in law.

We spend 4 nights at Tugu Sri Lestari and I have to say that our stay there made our trip EXCELLENT.

During our second day there, it was my B.I.L's birthday and I decided to throw him a surprise after breakfast so I approached the hotel reception and made all the necessary arrangement. The day come and I was overwhelmed.

I did not expect that it's going to be a tremendous surprise but it was... It is something that I would rate as 'Exceeding-Excellent' in the customer service world. We were greeted with a personalized, hand written leaf that states 'Good morning to me and my family.' Tell me, how often your get such personalized greeting in the morning when you are on vacation.

We had our breakfast as per normal and subsequently without expecting anything... They brought out a cake and my B.I.L had a great smile carved on his face. At that moment I knew I made him a happy man and his birthday was a blast.

I m happy to see him and my sis happy on that very special day... couldn't thank the staffs enough...

Rooms was cozy... Services was prompt... Staff is friendly and the place itself... spells TENSION-FREE.

I enjoyed waking up in the early morning... breathing the fresh, unpolluted air so fresh that I felt energized.

Ask me if I going back there again... I 'll tell you bet I ll be there again.

I ll never forget my stay there and all the great experience which they have given me.

I ll be back soon. That's for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Noraini_Aris
Hotel Tugu B, Manager at Hotel Tugu Blitar, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Mrs. Noraini_Aris,
Thank you very much for your nice comments. We hope to see you again soon at your second home ... at Blitar.

Regards,
Hartini
Singapore
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Dutch colonial farming house architecture is charming, together with the mini shrine in the Sukarno presidential suite. The staff was friendly and well-trained, and the free afternoon kuih kuih was delicious. However, the toilet flush in my room wasn't working and broke down again after repair. Let's hope they can do a better job next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know once again. We have taken care of it immediately and we will make sure it will never happen again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blitar
Patria Plaza Hotel
Bukit Daun Hotel
#4 of 11 in Kediri
Viva Hotel Kediri by Frontone
Grand Surya Hotel Kediri

Been to Hotel Tugu Blitar? Share your experiences!