“Great family holiday!”

TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura
Reviewed August 29, 2014

We are just back from an amazing family holiday at the Aura with our little girls aged 5 and 3 yrs.

We went into our first ‘summer school holiday’ holiday with slight nervousness as we wasn’t sure whether the sheer volume of kids and crowds would be over whelming. However, due to the layout and size of the hotel this was never an issue. The rooms were clean, fairly spacious and pretty much what you expect in a family hotel. I wouldn't say they are 4 star standard but perfectly adequate for sleeping and showering. Maid service came every day but Mondays. We had requested a room away from the main stage but they must have mis-read our email as we couldn't have been much closer if we had tried. The music was fairly loud but went off by 11pm and we were so exhausted by then, not much would have kept our family awake. We had a ground floor, sea facing room in the green block. Great little wall lizards were scattered around the place which amused our kids no end.

The hotel has 3 main pools and a smaller kids pool. They were always clean and litter free and big enough you never felt bombarded. The hotel made a special point of putting a note in the welcome pack about not being allowed to reserve sunbeds and by all accounts, the man cleaning the pool area in the morning was rigorous in removing any towels he found on sunbeds before 8am. However, I was told by several people that the “tactic” was to get up at 7am, put your towels down and stay there until 8am had passed. This actually was what went on as well – unbelievable! Every Englishman has lost any right to moan about Germans and towels on sunbeds after what I witnessed on this holiday, I can tell you. We generally got to the pool about 10.30am and could always find a sunbed free, albeit at the back end of the pool. This was perfect for us as we just needed somewhere to leave our belongings as we spent the week in the pool or sitting on the side of the pool ensuring our children didn’t drown. There is a water park next to the hotel which is shared with the First Choice Holiday Village next door. This is great and our kids used it most days. Lots of slides for the older kids and adults, right down to babies. There was plenty of lifeguards around and again was clean and spacious.

The entertainment and kids club teams from Thomson were absolutely superb. They were enthusiastic, energetic and always said hello and made sure you were ok. Ashley, Annie McPhee and Jetset Josh are the names I can remember but they deserve a medal for constantly smiling when they must have been absolutely knackered. They endured the kids singing ‘Let it Go’ from Frozen to them every night and took it with great humility – making every child feel like a star. There was entertainment on throughout the day but no pressure to get involved unless you really wanted too. In the evening the main stage shows started from 7.45 with Little Pups, Kennel Club, prize giving and then on to the evening show for the family. We saw a few of these and they were great – especially the African Footprints dance troupe. Our kids used the kids club on several occasions and had a great time at the chocolate party and kids club evening party.

I’m surprised at some of the comments on here about the food. I’ve eaten all inclusive a few times now and I have to say the variety and quality of food here was very good. You get what you expect at these kind of set ups but there was always plenty of well cooked, hot food and lots of variety. There was a British night and Oriental themed night whilst we were there. We paid to eat in the a ’la carte Japanese restaurant and this was great value and nicely cooked food. I would recommend this as for 15 euros an adult and 8 euros a child, was great value for money and made a nice change. We never ate in the main restaurant at lunchtime (always too full from a late breakfast) but our girls sometimes had pizza or snacks from the main bar late afternoon. I noticed they also had specials at the bar every day too such as Paella or Chinese rice.

If you come out of the hotel and turn right there is a beautiful little beach a ten minute walk away. It is lovely and clean, with gentle sloping beach. It has beautiful blue, clear water with lots of fish to see that come right up to the shoreline (they like bread!). Its well worth taking a pedalo out for an hour for 15 euros and having a snorkel around. There is a beach bar here called Imagine and we had lunch there one day. It served really food and was not too pricey. A couple of evenings we walked down here too and all the kids play on the beach with the light up toys purchased from the local street sellers. They had Africans drums and dancers going on one night and by all accounts a fire show every night about 10.30/11pm but we never stayed that late. Lovely Strawberry daiquiris though! From this beach you can get the water taxi that takes you over to San Antonio. We went over one morning but it was a very hot day and not somewhere really that suitable for young kids so we were back by lunchtime.

San Antonio Bay is a 15 min walk away and here you’ll find the start of all the bars and restaurants that they take you up to San Antonio Town. We ate in a nice little restaurant called Relish when the kids went to the kids club party one night. Lovely food and great service.

All in all we had a lovely week’s holiday here and made lots of happy memories for us and our kids. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Gold block is right on top pf the entertainments stage so avoid at all costs if you don't want a...
15  Thank WebboLondon
Hotelaura, Director de Relaciones Públicas at TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Dear guest,

We first would like to thank you for your trust in the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura, as well as for the time you spent to share your recent experience on Tripadvisor; we are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed amazing family holidays with us.

We would like to take the opportunity to clarify that we allocate our rooms in accordance with the room type selected at the time of reservation and lament your disappointment on the location of the room we accommodated you in; our front desk didn’t disregard your email, however during a high occupancy period unfortunately we were not able to offer you a room away from the main stage.

At Sirenis we believe that nice leisure activities and entertaining evening shows are part of the real holiday feeling; the enthusiasm of the Thomson’s animation team is contagious and they strive to offer a wide variety of leisure and sport activities throughout the day as well as entertaining evening shows to make our guests' stay a memorable one. We are glad to read this was a pleasant aspect of your stay at our hotel.

We also loved reading your praising comments on our restaurant service; at Sirenis we strive to make it one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read you enjoyed every dining experience including the TeppanyakiClub.

Last but not least, we are thrilled for having had the opportunity to be part of your happy memories and look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Sirenis Hotels & Resorts

Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Just returned from a 2 week stay here & can't fault it. My first all inclusive experience so I was a bit nervous but there was no need. The variety & quality of the food on offer was excellent & the staff were always friendly. Extremely child friendly, my children are slightly older so we didn't use the kids clubs. The Japanese restaurant was a lovely experience with fantastic tasting food & great show cooking. Overall a great holiday & I would recommend families to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank Cnam7

Dear guest,

Thanks for making us your choice, for your very kind recommendation to the TripAdvisor's readers and for commending the courtesy and friendliness of our staff; we will certainly not miss this opportunity to congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing while staying among us.

Moreover, we are glad to read you enjoyed of enriching dining experiences. This is our goal and we strive to give total confidence in this area, being fully aware that this is the base for a nice holiday experience in any hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future and to have the opportunity to offer you another very enjoyable experience with Sirenis

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Just arrived back from a 7 day stay with Sirensis with my husband and 20 month old baby.

We had a great time, the hotel was exactly what we expected. Great food, lovely spacious rooms slightly out of date but super comfy beds.

The creche was fantastic too. Great to get little ones out of the sun for a while.

There is a beautiful beach a few minutes down the road where we spent most of our time; great mojitos at the beach bar and beautiful sun sets.

We will be visiting again next year for sure.

The hotel from about 8pm onwards is quite noisy with kids running around and playing. It really is only suited to families which was fine for us. We mostly went out in the evenings Ibiza town, the beach etc.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank sjallsaints
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Myself, my husband and our 17 month old son stayed here from 20th-27th August. For us, this holiday was a real luxury - my husband's cousin was getting married out in Ibiza and we chose this hotel despite the price tag because it seemed most appropriate for our little one; it had a crèche, which meant hubby and I could have the all-important alone time, and loads of kids entertainment. I was anxious leading up to the holiday about some of the negative things people have said about the hotel, so I will break it down into sections to really give the hotel its due.

ACCOMMODATION:
The hotel resort is beautiful - big enough that you never feel too crowded, but small enough that you can learn where everything is on your first day. Our rooms were better than we expected - we got the basic double room and were pleasantly surprised to discover that we also had a living space area with a hideaway kitchenette (electric hob and sink, sadly no kettle!). The bedroom was big and spacious, even with a cot tucked in next to my side of the bed, and the balcony, although it overlooked other rooms, had enough foliage out the front that you didn't feel overlooked at all. The rooms were extremely clean and the maid service there was excellent. The TV had very limited channels but to be fair we only turned it on the once - too much else to do! My only big gripe about the room was that the glass door that screens off the shower is actually attached to the bath, which made bathing our lively little boy quite awkward. I suppose if you had younger ones you could perhaps bathe them in the sink, but we found out quite difficult. There were a couple of damp spots on the bathroom ceiling, but otherwise it was a traditional, functional room that we were impressed with. I do wish, however, that the balcony led off of the living space and not the bedroom, as it meant when we put our little one to bed, we couldn't enjoy the balcony for fear of disturbing him - in fact we barely spent any time on it at all, which is a pity as it was so lovely. We were in the White House which we found was far enough from the entertainment that it didn't disturb us of an evening.

FOOD
Yes, here it comes, the big one - food. For the life of me I cannot understand why on earth others have complained about the food. We are literally talking about a huge expense of a room, covered in different food, three times a day. For breakfast there is a choice of full English (bacon, sausage, beans, scrambled and fried egg) with a variety of accompaniments that they change daily such as hash browns, churros, omelette, pancakes, mushrooms, tomatoes etc. As well as this they have a choice of cereals (coco pops, corn flakes, muesli, honey puffs), dried and fresh fruit, local cakes, continental pastries and biscuits, and of course toast. For lunch and dinner the buffet restaurant tried hard to provide a variety of food, and I genuinely believe that for all those who said it became repetitive must be the kind of holidaymakers who refuse to try anything new and like their good ol' British grub - for those people they always had pasta with two kinds of sauce, at least two choices of pizza, and endless chips. They also had a selection of meat and cheeses at every meal (including breakfast); at least two choices of cutlets of meat, and one fresh fish cutlet of the day. Apart from this, they had (on rotation over the seven days) a selection of rice and potato based salads, casserole dishes, quiche, mash, roast and fried potato, usually some sort of curry at dinner, ham and cheese in breadcrumbs, vegetables in sauces or gratin or roasted, fish fingers or fried fish, and a plentiful salad bar. I don't understand what more you could want! My only disappointment with the food was that the red meat (beef, lamb) was often quite poor quality, lots of fat/gristle. My hubby didn't have a problem with it, but I gave up after a couple of days,sticking to the chicken, pork and fish. Even so, I wasn't lacking and my plate(s) were stacked high every day with really delicious stuff! Twice they had themed nights when we were there - the pirate themed night was great fun, even the cutlery was crossed, great attention to detail, all the waiting staff were dressed up and they had a chance to hold a parrot and have your photo taken as you came in, for10 euros a photo. The Japanese night was less good - the suchi was AMAZING but the dedication wasn't there, only one member of staff dressed up, it seemed half-hearted. In response to the gentleman who complain that parents were leaving food all over the floor when their younger children (like ours) were eating - we attempted to clean up our boy after every meal, but the waiting staff ALWAYS intervened, imploring us to leave it for them, that it was no trouble - they were fantastic, nothing was ever too much trouble. We also ate in the Teppanyaki restaurant one evening to celebrate my birthday, it was delicious and we were just as full eating there as we would have been at the buffet restaurant, certainly didn't feel like we went without! Only thing I would say is that a big part of the Teppanyaki experience should be the showmanship of the cook, and the Sirenis cook is slightly lacking in this area - he flipped the salt a few times and tried bouncing egg into the guests mouths, but in my experience there is usually a lot more audience involvement, and I feel that there was a language barrier that prevented the usual banter and laughter. But otherwise, well worth paying the supplement for a different experience, and the food was astonishingly delicious.

SIRENIS STAFF
I cannot emphasise enough how incredible all the staff at the hotel were - in particular the restaurant manager, who always took time to say hello and play peek-a-boo with our little one, and the lovely girl at the reception desk who, when our taxi was twenty minutes late, offered to drive us to the wedding we were going to so that we wouldn't be late (she didn't have to as the taxi then showed up, but what a kind offer!). All the staff smile and say hello to you around the hotel, and the reception desk were always helpful and informative.

THOMSON STAFF
I'm going to start this off by telling you that my very first experience of the Thomson reps was overhearing one of our Holiday Advisors, Beth, telling another guest that she didn't like children and really wanted to be a rep in San Antonio but that Thomson kept putting her in family resorts. When we went to her for advice, she was helpful and gave information, but without a smile, and most importantly, ignored our son completely. In another place, this might not even have been noticed - but when every other rep and member of the Sirenis staff goes out of their way to say hello to all the little ones and beams with delight to see you, it suddenly becomes starkly noticeable. It was plain from her demeanour that she did not want to be there, and we felt uncomfortable talking to her. That particular rep aside though, we LOVED the Thomson team there, they really went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and having a good time. The activities they had going on throughout the day were all well organised but relaxed, so it still had a real holiday atmosphere. I won a certificate for being Star of the Class at Aqua Fit & Fun! The evening entertainment was brilliant for the kids, Little Pups and Kennel Club were amazing, yes as other reviews have mentioned it was repetitive, but children like repetition and our tiny little son can now do half the moves to What Does The Fox Say! (And Chocolate is one of the best holiday songs I have ever heard in my life, I was in stitches of laughter!) We really enjoyed the acoustic duo and the family gameshow, but found the Take That tribute a bit lacking... Big shout out to Annie McPhee who was without a doubt the star of the show, also Jet Set Josh and Ashaboo who were just fab with the kids and really seemed to enjoy their job. I also need to say thanks to the crèche girls Frankiedoodle and Megnificent who are just wonderful at what they do - but I'll get to that in the next section.

CRECHE
We booked our son in for a crèche session every day of our trip, including an evening session so we could go to the Teppanyaki restaurant. We were quite worries about how he would feel being left with two complete strangers, but I needn't have worries - as soon as I met Frankie and Meg, they were just so lovely and interested not only in my son but in us and our holiday that I was reassured immediately. They took the time to find out what he might like playing with and what his favourite activities are, and promptly had things ready for him at the beginning of every session. He LOVED it there. He cried on the second day, but the minute we shut the door behind us we heard him stop! Cheeky monkey! The girls went above and beyond in looking after him, on the evening that we went out they took him for dinner in the restaurant and said they'd never been so entertained as he blew them kisses and pretended to be an aeroplane! On the last evening we returned to our room to find a whole folder full of things that he had done with them that week, including a dinosaur egg and hat, a pirate flag, a story book with his "writing" in it, his handprints with a little poem that made me well up!, a pasta shaker, a postcard to Finley from the girls saying how much fun they had with him, and a little diary of everything he did in crèche. It was amazing, we can't believe how dedicated those girls are to their job - and whenever we saw them round and about the hotel, they always stopped and said hello and asked what we were up to, and asked to see photos of Finley in his little wedding outfit - they seemed to genuinely care. Worth their weight in gold. So if you're hesitant about booking crèche sessions, don't be - these girls are WONDERFUL!

POOL AND WATER PARK
The pool was just the right size for the hotel, was never too busy except just before and after Aqua Fit. No inflatables in the pool which is a GOOD thing as it means half the pool isn't taken up with bloody crocodiles and boats etc! The sunbeds were taken quite early but this is normal everywhere and we could always find somewhere to lay down, even if it was a bit far from the pool. There is a professional photographer who wanders around the pool every day for a few hours, and we got some of our best photos from her - it's 7 euros for a basic print, well worth it considering we now have a few beautiful photos of all three of us in the pool. She is very talented! The Water Park is brilliant, if you go first thing at 10.30 it's really quiet and you can get on all the good big rides straight away with not much fuss. Even so, you're never waiting longer than five minutes for a slide, and the kids sections are brilliant with very attentive lifeguards.

OVERALL:
This was a perfect family holiday, and even though travelling with a 17 month old is probably one of the most nightmarish things I have ever done, the staff and entertainment team at the hotel made it such a pleasant experience. We felt valued, appreciated, and looked after - it was my son's first holiday and definitely one to remember. We are already planning on coming back when we can afford it!

Room Tip: We were in the White House, which in my opinion was great for a little one as he wasn't disturbe...
6  Thank Laura S

Dear guest,

We are thrilled you enjoyed staying with us at the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura and are sincerely grateful for the time you spent to share your satisfaction here on Tripadvisor; it is wonderful to hear we were able to meet your expectations of an enjoyable holiday experience under the sun of Ibiza.

Moreover we are glad we were able to make your birthday a special one and greatly appreciate your positive comments on our staff; it is always a great source of motivation to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We also loved reading your praising comments on our dining options; at Sirenis we strive to make gastronomy one of the highlights of our guests’ stay among us; it is very rewarding to read you enjoyed every dining experience among us

It is wonderful to hear that your child had such a great time thanks to crèche session that you appreciated the efforts of the First Choice animation staff to ensure that all guests were entertained and had a good time whilst staying at the hotel, this is always our goal and we will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

You felt valued, appreciated, and looked after and this is our goal. Once again, thank you for your time, we hope that you had a pleasant journey back home and to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Sirenis hotels.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed here from the 15th - 23rd august. We arrived at 2am in the morning and the reception had a bag for all of us which contained water, roll, salad. The water park was great for the children! The staff and reps were really helpful and happy! Food was good, something for everyone. The only downside was you had to get up early to get a sunbed 7am. All in all a great holiday!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4012 which was ground floor and right by the sea and pool
5  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed here 13th - 20th August. We all had a great time here. Cannot fault the hotel for it's pools, food, cleanliness and entertainment - especially the kids entertainers. The only things that are negative and they are very minor is that there are no inflatables allowed in the pools unless they are small rings or floats and the security man takes your towels off the sunbeds before 7.30am if your not sitting with them. We were lucky enough to have DEANO with us that told him where to go lol...
There were seven of us in total (4 adults and 3 children), we all had a fabulous time and would go back again. Rooms are very spacious, furniture a bit dated, but very clean. All the children ate very well and there was always freshly cooked meat/fish every lunch time and in the evening. Staff were very friendly (apart from towel man) and were more than happy to help you with anything.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for families.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 8000s are the furthest away from all the restaurant, pool, bar etc. Fine for us but ma...
7  Thank Nikki N
Hotelaura, Director de Relaciones Públicas at TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for making us your choice, for sharing a five star review on TripAdvisor and for your very kind recommendation to the travel community.

It is very rewarding to read you and your family had a fabulous week at the Sirenis Hotel Club Aura, this is our goal.

Do not hesitate to contact us at infoeurope@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back to Ibiza, to organize every detail of your stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2014

We returned from a 7 day holiday here on 16th August and felt we had enjoyed great service, good value for money and everything we had expected based on the brochure and other reviews.

The check in was quick yet welcoming, no overload of information, just the basics to get us into our room asap. Throughout our stay, in fact, all the hotel staff were friendly and polite including the restaurant waiters and waitresses, the bar staff, the cleaners, reception and the groundsmen.
One waiter in particular called Isaac took a shine to our children (aged 7 and 11) and always made a fuss of them and gave them sweets on more than one occasion. The kids loved it!

Our room was 6201 and although not classed as such we had a lovely sea view across to San Antonio and being a corner room the balcony has two aspects making our vantage point all the more interesting. We were happy with the cleanliness of the room throughout our stay, the aircon was efficient, the bathroom was spacious and uptodate and the double room for us was more than comfortable with ample storage. The children slept on sofa beds in the living area. I can understand why people feel the rooms are dated as the brown blankets on the sofa beds coupled with a dark wooden facade screening the cooking area and typically small, square windows did make for an old-fashioned feel, This DID NOT, however, detract from our holiday. It is true that the the shower screen was fixed in position so it would be awkward to control the water flow/temperature for young children without getting into the bath yourself. Problem? Not sure but other reviews have mentioned it.

Wifi was free but only seemed to work IN the room. Also it was only possible to link three devices per room on a first come first served basis. Still we weren't on holiday to stare at a small screen I told my wife (who was the unlucky fourth member of the family to try to connect!!!) There was also a TV with limited channels but to be honest I'm proud to say we only turned it on once, on arrival, and that was it. A week without TV!!!!

Food was varied and appetising but perhaps less choice meal by meal than we have enjoyed at other All Inc resorts recently. Nevertheless we weren't bored even at the end of our stay. Drinks were served to the table as soon as we seated ourselves and plates were cleared efficiently as required.

The three pools were adequate but sadly inflatable toys/lilos were banned (due, our Thomson rep told us, to an accident in Majorca where the life guards view was obscured by such toys). With a lovely sandy bay within 5 minutes walk away this was less of a problem than it might have been given we had taken extra inflatables this year!! And then there's the Water Park right next door with free access to hotel guests. Some height restrictions (1.2m) for some of the bigger slides but there was a smaller area which our kids enjoyed and separate a toddler section too.

Sunbeds and brollies were at a premium but it wasn't necessary to get up at silly o'clock to secure some as there were always some available even at 8.30 am. Moreover we found beds available later in the day too after a beach visit or water park session. I guess other families were circulating between these attractions too.

The Thomson reps were highly visible and certainly worked very hard. The entertainment team were especially busy all day and long into the night. Jet Set Josh, Annie McFee and the talented Asher Boo led the fun and games. Evenings kicked off with fun for the younger guests and progressed to an outside act on all but one night and these were aimed at adults but still with a family feel. It was especially nice and unexpected to have table service at all times so taking away queues at the bar. You could still go to the bar if you preferred but why bother?? Only one complaint for us concerning an element of the act from Double Dees which featured an Amy Winehouse number where the two ladies careered around the audience mimicking drunken behaviour showering the audience with spilled "booze". Not great for kids to see in my opinion and given the timing and circumstances of Amy's death I found the whole thing distasteful. Still only one issue out of a week!!

As expected the Thomson Welcome Meeting was as much about selling trips and excursions as it was about welcoming and informing us of local issues. In fact we discovered many of the boat trips could be booked at a quay alongside the beach at a discount to the Thomson prices. We took a ferry boat to San Antonio ( a place which wears it's clubbing heart on it's sleeve!!) for a family return ticket at just 21 Euros. Nice to see another side to Ibiza and it brought back memories for my wife but San Antonio is not set up for families. You can, however, book all sorts of thrilling rides like paragliding and banana rides at the harbour side.

So overall a holiday which ticked all our boxes and made so by the location and the staff, Thomson and hotel alike.In fact we are seriously considering a return trip next year which is something we never normally think about!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a double aspect to the balcony and unless you have heavy buggies or disabilities I...
5  Thank AdamNation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Occidental Ibiza
Occidental Ibiza
#2 of 16 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Marina Palace Prestige by Intercorp Hotel Group
Marina Palace Prestige by Interc...
#2 of 2 in San Antonio Bay
#1 of 2 in San Antonio Bay
Apartamentos Llobet
Apartamentos Llobet
#2 of 51 in Ibiza Town

Been to TUI Family Life Sirenis Aura? Share your experiences!