FIRSTLY THIS IS MORE A FAMILY/OLDER HOTEL THAN A CLUBBERS ROWDY HOTEL. IT IS AN EXPENSIVE TAXI RIDE TO SAN ANTONIO.
This is our second visit to the Hotel and I would state that although it is officially a 3 star hotel it has 4 star standards, the manager Gabriel and Andreas are on hand throughout the day and are constantly walking around the hotel ensuring everything is running smoothly.
Our room (920) had fantastic reviews and we really felt welcomed back to the Hotel and will plan to visit again, the rooms are cleaned every day and the towels are changed every day.
The food is very good and the Managers eat in the same restaurant to ensure all is ok, if you go in a busy period it is worth checking to see when the restaurant is the busiest/quietest, I would state we felt that the breakfast was a little spoilt by the slow cooking of the eggs and bacon as it seemed as if the cook seemed to be playing catch up so as soon as 20 eggs were put out they were gone.
The bar was quite busy at night and during busy periods they turn on the wine and bier pumps (although this is hit or miss)
There are three pools and the best is to the rear of the hotel for families as it’s next to the kids club, the kids club has a well organised daily plan of which can be copied and obtained by reception.
Snacks do run which serve chips, hot dogs, burgers, toasted sandwiches although it is no always kept stocked and does not seem to be a priority, but remember this is 3 stars and you have paid 3 star prices.
Whilst we were at the Hotel a group of Scots turned up and were rowdy and acting as the hotel was a 18-30 they were asked to leave within 3 hours of their arrival by the management as the Hotle wants a friendly, safe, family hotel.
In all a hire car is worth getting AVOID BKCARS THEY DO NOT REFUND YOUR EXCESS OF 600 EURO we are currently having to go through a charge back
Say high to Jose in the bar area, Loli in the restaurant and Pablo on reception, also Maggie of whom runs the kids club.
GOOD CHOICE OF HOTEL ENJOY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza*** is situated in an exclusive area, in the best location on the island for admiring the sunset. Perfectly situated, the hotel is just 300 m from the beautiful D'es Torrent beach and 10 minutes from other beaches such as Compte, Cala Tarida and Cala Bassa, considered by some, as the best beaches and coves on Ibiza. The Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza hotel combines top quality and price so you can soak up the atmosphere and scenery of this magical island. All types of visitors choose it as their destination; this is a world-wide attraction just as much for its waters as for its lively atmosphere. During the day, enjoy bathing in the open sea or relax in the hotel's swimming pools. In the evening, you can enjoy dusk and the sunset from the hotel chill-out area. Welcome to the island where everything is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Ibiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza Hotel Sant Josep
- Barcelo Hotel Pueblo Ibiza
- Pueblo Ibiza Barcelo
- Occidental Ibiza Spain