This was our third trip to Ibiza but first stay in the Barcelo Pueblo. I travelled with my partner and son (ages 39, 41 and 11). We arrived at 7.15pm and were greeted by a friendly young man on reception who immediately welcomed us and asked if we’d had a good flight. Check in was efficient and our room was in block 5 on the ground floor. The room was spotless and spacious and the bathroom was too with nice white towels and a full bottle of shower and hair gel (although we didn’t use it). The air conditioning was fully controllable 24 hours and we had a fan, although that was a little noisy to have on in the night. The guests were very diverse with varying nationalities and ages (couples, families, and young people) but it was a friendly and lively atmosphere. The entertainment team were excellent and there was always at least one activity going on during the day either in or out of the pool and these included kids and adults and sometimes the staff too! There are three pools which are all very clean and warm. The main pool and pool near the snack bar and sports area had very comfortable sun loungers whereas the lower pool had standard plastic ones. There were plenty for everyone and yes people put towels out early morning but that’s what goes on in these places! The hotel did not enforce any restrictions around this. The food was plentiful, nice and varied. My only criticism around the food is that it wasn’t always very hot. Drinks were served in plastic cups during the day and in glasses at night and there was always a waitress walking around collecting the empties and tidying up. The drinks themselves were also good, I’m a Baileys lover and their brand was awesome (the measures were generous too!) and the beer for men was good old San Miguel. The entertainment was outside at night but there weren’t enough tables and chairs to accommodate everyone and so quite a few people sat around the main pool on loungers. The bar staff were friendly and the queue for drinks was never more than four or five people, there were always at least two serving. The hotel grounds were well kept and again very clean and tidy. The evening entertainment was fairly standard, some guest participation and some professional acts. Whatever it was, there was always a large audience. The all inclusive finishes at 11pm which seems early as other places we’ve stayed it’s been midnight. However, we found that the early finish got us to bed earlier and up earlier so we had longer days without being so tired! There are a few shops, bars and restaurants just outside of the hotel and the beach is a very short walk down the road. The beach is nice and so is the sea, there are a few reeds on the sea bed which put me off but it was very calm and safe for children. We spent a lot of the time wishing our friends were with us and are already looking to book with them for next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza*** is situated in an exclusive area, in the best location on the island for admiring the sunset. Perfectly situated, the hotel is just 300 m from the beautiful D'es Torrent beach and 10 minutes from other beaches such as Compte, Cala Tarida and Cala Bassa, considered by some, as the best beaches and coves on Ibiza. The Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza hotel combines top quality and price so you can soak up the atmosphere and scenery of this magical island. All types of visitors choose it as their destination; this is a world-wide attraction just as much for its waters as for its lively atmosphere. During the day, enjoy bathing in the open sea or relax in the hotel's swimming pools. In the evening, you can enjoy dusk and the sunset from the hotel chill-out area. Welcome to the island where everything is possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Ibiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Pueblo Ibiza Hotel Sant Josep
- Barcelo Hotel Pueblo Ibiza
- Pueblo Ibiza Barcelo
- Occidental Ibiza Spain