“Amazing food (but pricey!)”
Review of Sunset Ashram

Sunset Ashram
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were recommended to go to Cala Comte beach and visited in July. It is a lovely beach with crystal clear warm sea however it was absolutely heaving but we did find a very small spot to put our towels down (there were 6 of us). We went up to the restaurant in the afternoon for a snack which was delicious, although it was a bit of a bun fight to find somewhere to sit with lots of musical chairs going on as it was soooo busy - that said when we did order the food it did not take to long to come out and like I said it was nice.

We loved the spot so much my partner and I decided to go for an evening meal on our recent 3 day mini break to Ibiza. We booked a table in advance to make sure we got a place however I think at this time of year we probably would have been ok just to have turned up. The food was quite pricey however we were definitely not disappointed. I had fillet steak marinated in Asian spices with wasabi mash my partner had cod on spicy lentils. We have eaten in some very good restaurants and we both thought that the food here was amazing, and we cannot fault our waiter either who was courteous and friendly and most helpful with menu selections.

As previous reviewers have said, there is an eclectic mix of people which I think adds to the appeal of the place which is just in the most wonderful spot with stunning sunset views. There is music playing and it really does have a lovely relaxing vibe and is great for people watching!

I will definitely return on my next visit to the island (and I will make sure I have budgeted for it). It was positively the best meal I have had in Ibiza (and I have been visiting on and off for the last 35 years!!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Beatiful place to view the sunset. A wonderfully diverse group of people - nose ringed and tattoos abound from those trying to be "Woodstock" - drunk lads straight from partees - tourist gawpers and dull couples trying to pretend they get it .But somehow it works. The food is inventive but never gee wizz and too much salt , but the delightful staff serve with such friendliness - particularly the handsome slightly grungy smiler who was so sweet to the two Japanese girls near us.
Well worth a visit but drink and snack rather than dine. Phone ahead to make sure you get a table.
And remember life is too short to be serious all the time - enjoy the sunset and be cool man.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

i went there at first as a visitor this is one of the secret places in ibiza. It is set in one of the cleaned and most beautiful beaches of the island, cala conte. After being in ibiza 7 times descovering this place was amazing. i had one od the best dinners with an extremely amazing salad. very polite stuff and amazing music. the vibe over there is very unique

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sunset ashram has lost the plot last year it was fabulous this year ridiculous . They say tables are booked and they lie empty for hours and we are forced to sit on a parapet and drink a cocktail when we would have spent 200 euros on food we just couldn't understand why we couldn't sit at the empty tables and when the people turn up like hours late they are such suits like bankers not cool ibitha people I think they must be crazy . The waitresses are so stressed out by people complaining and overworked they can't even try to be nice even if they wanted to its not possible because no time . The owners could employ more staff and stop this silly booking system I owned restaurants and would never run them this way . What I did is only allow people tables if they were going to eat . Disappointed as its the perfect place for a beautiful sunset and meal . Please sort it out

2  Thank misstree
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Sunset Ashram was unlike anywhere else we went in Ibiza in almost every respect (except price!).

Menu - very varied. Sushi, steak, curry.... Not cheap (at all) but good.
Atmosphere - very mixed clientele. A mix of cheap bar (guys in vests getting drunk) and people out for an expensive dinner. Rounded off with a sort of impromptu cabaret (very amusing for the kids). The weird mix sort of works.
Service - really good. Waiter was knowledgeable, fast, smiley and very balanced carrying a heavy tray!

Ended up being one of the most expensive places we ate on our trip (and we went to good places). It didn't max out on anything but was a very fun and memorable evening. Definitely worth a visit.