“The Very Simple Guide to Chilling Out”

Cala Bassa Beach Club
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cala Bassa is the hidden jewel of Ibiza. It's one of the best beaches of the Island: turquoise clear waters and surrounded by almost millenary juniper trees. 5 different cuisines in 250 meters beach: creative, fusion, typical Mediterranean, sushi, fast good and gourmet. To complement your meal we offer you massage, water sports, shops and boat service.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

1. reserve a couple of hamacas in second row (first row a bit crowded)
2. go there with your very good friends
3. ask for Sergio to take care of you
4. order a pitcher sangría served by Sergio
5. ask for the menue
6. enjoy food, chill out and have more sangría
7. and if you have a chance to return back with your very good friends, what are you waiting for ...

1  Thank gu-ko
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I returned to cala bassa beach after 2 years ... Only to find cbbc had expended since I was last here. It was mid afternoon and me and my wife wanted beds to relax on and enjoy the beach. I decided to walk over to the sheik white dresses guy who looked like he owned a few yachts he was dressed cbbc uniform. Service was fantastic after a well rehearsed verse in Spanish he then spoke to me in English.... I was impressed . Got two beds in the first row and also got a couple of drinks. I had the drinks and great siesta .... Upon waking up Cbbc asked if I was hungry I lost me aperitie when I saw the prices. My wife wanted to go for a walk which she had read about on tripadvisor . I advised the cbbc I was going for a walk and wanted to return to the beds the cbbc said this was fine but I had to pay for my drinks I paid the 15 eurosand set out for my walk. I started walking 1 minute into my walk I didn't feel like returning the 40 euros saving was a good incentive to start walking towards the car park I had a good experience with the cbbc and I wanted to leave it on a high if I paid 55 euros instead of 15 the experience would have been tainted. Thanks cbbc keep up the good work ... Respect

3  Thank David2013cbbc
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked 8 sunbeds, which set us back a princely 160 euro. just for the beds. then we had lunch. 800 euro for 6 adults, and some kids pasta. i was charged 93 euro for a piece of fish. despite this being perhaps 250g-300g of fish, the restaurant insisted it was 1KG. They kept this up for about 10 minutes. ONly when I insisted they check, did they admit it had really been 700g. Where they got this new figure from I have no idea..... but it was still wrong. 700g would be a massive piece of fish, and this was less that half that.
So...... in summary: Cala Bassa is a great beach, especially for kids. But if you go, take a towel and umbrella and set yourself up on the sand. If you insist of sunbeds, then 40euro for 2 beds is not the most expensive on the island, so perhaps such it up. But be very very very careful when ordering food and drink.
On a positive note, a 1L jug of cava-sangria was c.36euro. very reasonable and very tasty.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent a long afternoon dining and drinking here with my family and friends. The location is beautiful - great views of the beach and bay.
I had the burger which was very good. My Mojito was far too sweet so a bit disappointing. The service was just ok, overall a bit on the slow side.
Great music playing in the background and this helped create a really chilling atmosphere.
A bit expensive but not too surprising given the superb location.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

CBBC used to be a nice place, always quite crowded, always a bit trendy, always abit expensive, but a very pleasant place nonetheless.

Now, what has happened:...
1. they have annexed the whole beach
2. they have very clear sections, including a central one (which used to be the main one) where you are "forced" to eat at your sunbed if you have one, otherwise you have to go elsewhere
3. prices have completely gone to the roof to the point of being almost ridiculous
4. Service used to be great, ii is still good and tehre are iporvements (VIP parking) but still.
5. the beach is getting really too crowded
6. The music now floods the whole beach (and hte sound system is crap so there is a lot of echo, even though the DJ does put some nice tunes)

The food (do try the Fideoua) is still quite good.
The service by the sunbeds is still pretty good.

I used to love going there... honestly I have had to find much better alternatives (and there are)