“.....what's all the fuss about?”
Review of Destino

Destino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm sorry. I really just don't get it.
Maybe I'm spoiled...... I cook well myself, but really, this place is just a load of food produced in large quantities, then divided up into little (Tiny!) portions, microwaved, then sold at extremely high prices for the tiny amount of food you actually get.
OK, the food tasted nice, and in particular the inventive use of cross-over cuisine from North Africa, Spain, and the far East can make the choices plentiful, but really don't be deceived........ It is reheated microwaved food, sold at really extortionate prices for what it is.......

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We decided on the spur of the moment to try and get some tapas and had heard that this was a good place to go. When we arrived it was clear that they were popular and they said that they had a lot of bookings but they managed to fit us in. Shortly after they did fill up. We were offered a large choice of tapas dishes and our choices were very tasty. The atmosphere was fantastic and the service was very friendly and helpful. The value for money was great too.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Even though we were staying at a very nice all inclusive hotel, we fancied trying a few local places and this was the best! Amazing flavours, as fresh as food can be, lovely staff and a great spot. Just try it!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found this on our last day and so glad we did. it's a little out the way in San Josep - between San Ant and Ibiza town, but well worth the trip. They just do tapas but its so delicious and the biggest mussels I've ever seen. They have a twist as its got some Moroccan flavours going on. Found it in the Pacha magazine so I reckon it'll get busier. I have eaten a lot of tapas, but this has to be the best. And the wine was good too. and the whole thing was very reasonably priced. 45 euros for 2 - about 8 dishes, bottle of wine and desserts.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

When ambling past this place on our way to "somewhere else" we noticed how busy it seemed. We always see a busy restaurant as a good advertisement so decided to dine here. Once again, we were proved right.

Initially we thought we wouldn't get a table as the waitress said they were all reserved but she'd see what she could do. Within minutes she came back and informed us they could accommodate us if we were happy to dine inside. This was no problem for us, of course.

Drinks were brought to us very quickly after ordering but no menus. I thought it strange and was going to ask for one when a waiter, who spoke very good English, came and ushered us over to a display cabinet where we could view all they had to offer. He explained each dish to us which made it easy for us to choose and we did there and then - much easier than choosing blindly from a menu.

Once we were seated again, the dishes we had ordered were delivered to our table quite quickly. Everything was fresh and hot and surpassed my expectations! Of course, it's easy to go over board when ordering Tapas and although the waiter had tried to help us not to - we did! All of it was great and the bill was a pleasant surprise too. I knew I'd over-done it and we'd also had a few drinks so I was expecting it to be in excess of €80 but in actual fact it came in at €49! Happy days! :)

Booking is strongly advised here, we were very lucky to get a table. We planned to return again on the Sunday but found they weren't open on a Sunday so we'll have to wait until we return to Ibiza before we can enjoy this restaurant again.