“Best tapas EVER”

Destino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We found this on our last day and so glad we did. it's a little out the way in San Josep - between San Ant and Ibiza town, but well worth the trip. They just do tapas but its so delicious and the biggest mussels I've ever seen. They have a twist as its got some Moroccan flavours going on. Found it in the Pacha magazine so I reckon it'll get busier. I have eaten a lot of tapas, but this has to be the best. And the wine was good too. and the whole thing was very reasonably priced. 45 euros for 2 - about 8 dishes, bottle of wine and desserts.

There are newer reviews for Destino

Reviewed September 13, 2012

When ambling past this place on our way to "somewhere else" we noticed how busy it seemed. We always see a busy restaurant as a good advertisement so decided to dine here. Once again, we were proved right.

Initially we thought we wouldn't get a table as the waitress said they were all reserved but she'd see what she could do. Within minutes she came back and informed us they could accommodate us if we were happy to dine inside. This was no problem for us, of course.

Drinks were brought to us very quickly after ordering but no menus. I thought it strange and was going to ask for one when a waiter, who spoke very good English, came and ushered us over to a display cabinet where we could view all they had to offer. He explained each dish to us which made it easy for us to choose and we did there and then - much easier than choosing blindly from a menu.

Once we were seated again, the dishes we had ordered were delivered to our table quite quickly. Everything was fresh and hot and surpassed my expectations! Of course, it's easy to go over board when ordering Tapas and although the waiter had tried to help us not to - we did! All of it was great and the bill was a pleasant surprise too. I knew I'd over-done it and we'd also had a few drinks so I was expecting it to be in excess of €80 but in actual fact it came in at €49! Happy days! :)

Booking is strongly advised here, we were very lucky to get a table. We planned to return again on the Sunday but found they weren't open on a Sunday so we'll have to wait until we return to Ibiza before we can enjoy this restaurant again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had great tapas, when we went the first time, at 3pm at Destination. We tried again to have tapas at another Day at 6pm and during a Time of 15 min we were Not served at all and left without being Asket by The staff for a drink or tapas

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is by far my favorite spot in Ibiza to eat.. The food is very good (tapas) and the place is charming and most importantly staff go over and beyond to help (in a natural way) and make your experience as good as it can get. I hope this place stays the way it is...nice one

Reviewed August 23, 2012

This place is AMAZING! Have been every time I've traveled to Ibiza and it never disappoints - the food is creative and divine, the staff are always friendly and the setting is beautiful... Definitely worth a visit! Oh and make sure you leave room for dessert - it's the best part :D