“I love their way of making and serving Tapas!”
Review of Destino

Destino
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“I love their way of making and serving Tapas!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We loved this place when we discovered it last year! We have been twice and just returned this year and it has been great! The eclectical way of making and serving their tapas is so nice! There is a mix of flavours which make you travel all around the Mediterranean cousine! Their good job is proved by the DestinoII which the opened in Santa Gertrudis...we will try that!

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not sure about the other reviews...”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed in San Jose and visited Destinos partly based on the reviews in trip advisor. There is nothing particularly bad about this place but I would definitely not recommend it. There is almost no freshly prepared food and the lamb kebabs we did order fresh never turned up. I presume the food is reheated in a microwave which for prawns results in dry, miserable things which no one ate. The service was not unusual for Spain a bit slow and disinterested but fine. If you have any experience of eating lovely, freshly prepared tapas (for Londoners such as Brindisa, Jose, Opera Tavern) you would be really disappointed.
I think my 3 points is generous - I would ideally have given 2.5.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lucie E
UK
“Loved it”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This small tapas bar had the most fantastic tapas I have ever eaten. Everything I tried was amazing and I can't wait to go back. The only negative was that I went at lunch time and the restaurant was virtually empty but due to the nature of having no menu to order from, the service was very slow. All was forgotten when I tasted the food though, and was not expensive.

• Visited June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Best Restaurant During our Trip”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was my husband and I's favorite restaurant during our two week trip to Spain. Fantastic tapas, good wine and beer, all for an affordable price. We ate during lunch/early afternoon and sat on the patio. There is no menu but the server discribed each dish and you could pick it out from the counter. The staff was friendly, the food was great, and we were shocked by how low the bill was. If your going to Ibiza this is a must stop.

• Visited June 2011
London
“The kind of meal that you dream about until you can go back...”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

On my recent visit to Ibiza, I managed to only go to Destino's once. Which is amazing, because on my previous trip, I went 3 times.

When you arrive at your table (pre-booking essential) you are invited to go up to the counter and select some hot tapas from a choice of about 20. Do not miss the Thai leeks or spicy prawns, but don't go crazy because then you will need to choose from the 10 or so cold tapas. Virtually everything is a taste sensation.

Claudio the owner is often about, shaven-headed and charming the small children. They ran out of icecream on our visit -Claudio personally took our daughters to the bar next door to buy some.

We had a bottle of rosada de la casa, some beers and ordered seconds of both the hot and cold tapas, and the bill for 8 people came to €135 before tip.

Visited May 2012