“Hidden secret ”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden secret ”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We got a taxi from San Antonio which cost €23 and took about 15 mins. When you see the restaurant from a distance it doesn't look much from the outside. The taxi parked up to the entrance of a shop which was a bit misleading as no one was outside to direct us. We found our way through the shop into a bar area then the restaurant, it was fairly busy with well-to-do looking people. The atmosphere was very chilled, this was a totally different ibiza experience for me. The service was great, we were seated straight away. We ordered a starter to share, chicken caesar salad which was big enough for two people then we had steak and duck, everything was yummy and cooked to perfection. We also had some wine and very strong cocktails. It came to €80 per person,including service, which is expensive but worth it. There was a random fashion show which no one was aware of, there were just a couple of girls looking lost in smart dresses, we only realised what they were doing when they had changed outfits for the third time. Just as we finished our meal they had a Pacha parade through the restaurant which was a little inappropriate, that's something for San Antonio not here!

1 Thank Ambersgate

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First visit to KM5 - June time”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

So me and my friends all went to KM5 as we wanted to have a calm and relaxing night out whilst in Ibiza. We got a cab from Playa den Bossa which cost around 15€; KM5 isn't too far from this area. As you get there it's very unknown to where to go because there's just a shop with clothes and accessories in which is a bit odd. But as you walk through you go into the restaurant and it is very nice and chic. So if you're preparing to go I would dress up a bit! It's one of those night in Ibiza where you can. As we went early to mid June time obviously the season isn't busy so we were seated straight away and hardly busy inside. Lovely decor and lighting. We ordered a bottle of wine (4 of us) skipped the starter and went straight to the main. I had a simple tomato sauce, spinach with cheese ravioli which sounds simple but for a love of tomato sauces and pasta was delicious!!! Seasoned well and perfect amount for a sophisticated meal. Other meals we had were the lobster ravioli, seas bass which was amazing!!!! And a Thai coconut fish curry which was incredible so much flavour! Yum! After we all had a desert too finished our bottle of wine and the meal came to 50€ each which I find is reasonable for a high end restaurant that it comes across to be. (Being from London this is the prices you'd pay normally for a nice meal anyways). Service was fine but from other reviews I can understand people writing they was waiting long etc I mean the kitchen doesn't look too big so mid season I can imagine things getting a bit hectic and crazy so I would suggest be prepared for this at this time (July-August). After we sat out in the more comfortable lounging area we brought a bottle of Prosecco and Sheesha. All really nice apart from we was thinking it was going to be lively and a party going on but nothing at all. It wasn't disappointing as it was a chilled night but it would have created that more buzzy vibe for the place. But again I'm sure mid season would be amazing. Overall worth a try if you're thinking of it as the food is definitely a major winner! Yummmmy!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kchammond
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening all in all..”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I go to Ibiza quite a lot but had never made it here until this visit. It's a lovely venue despite not being by the sea or anything. Very chilled, white everywhere and it's a bit like eating in someone's really lovely garden. Further outside is a garden area under the stars for drinks and there is also a small room which is closed off because of the air conditioning for you to go have a dance in if the mood takes you.
Staff are very model esque but helpful and smiley. The food was also good. Yes, probably over priced slightly but it's Ibiza so I wouldn't say it was more than normal for there.
crowd in there seemed very rich European, but atmosphere was nice and everyone just having a nice time splashing their cash
Don't panic if you don't make it here though. It's nice if you happen to be going and you will enjoy it but saying that, I probably wouldn't choose to go back only because I would rather spend that money in one of the beach clubs and restaurants or a good meal in the Old Town etc.

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Been a few times now. Brilliant food! Surprised someone had bad food! Quite expensive but worth it in my opinion as it's great fun here

1 Thank Torrano
Madrid, Spain
“Food quite bad and too expensive, good service”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had dinner last friday with some friends at km5 and we were really disappointed with the food and the price they charge for it. It's really expensive for the quality of the food you are getting. You basically pay for the atmosphere but it's not really worth it in my opinion.
Also when we were leaving, they offered us a taxi and it was basically a scam: 32EUR for a 5/10min ride.
So watch out, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Sosete_Cochon
Km5-Ibiza, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at KM5, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Sosete_Cochon,

First of all thanks for your feedback, it helps us to improve day by day.
Sorry if there was any problem with your meal, we apologize. Generally our food is the best valued by customers, as you can see in the statistics, but we understand that there may be specific problems which we try to solve when the client transmits it to us.
Finally indicate that the price of taxis is provided by the Ibiza government.

Thanks and we hope you give to us another chance.
Regards