I left after a week with mixed feelings.
Certainly the finca itself is a great place to be in. Superbly renovated and put up to modern standards. The pool is very nice, the gardens are in good shape and well kept up. The rooms are big and the beds are great.
The breakfast is very good and largely enough. The meals in the restaurant are very fine, quickly served and high quality. The barbeque menu on Tuesdays is a must do.
But : you pay the price for perfection and you just don't get that
1) a room which is not cleaned when you arrive
2) a young student which needs to serve clients at the pool bar. A pool bar which is always largely understaffed and not offering enough variation in the snacks. The girl was doing her absolute best, but you can't make it all alone
3) no way to get a non German newspaper in the morning.
4) a gym with enough cardio sets, but a bit more variation would have been nice
5) a maitre d'hotel in the restaurant absolutely not worth the title. No idea about wines, no idea about working and serving
6) chickens running around at the pool coming from the neighbouring farms are nice the first time you see them, but when they start leaving poo over your towels the fun is quickly over
7) you only get 13 channels on your TV and 12 of them are German. This is simply unacceptable in the year 2012 in this range of hotels
8) i did not bring my laptop and had to check my mails on a computer that took 10 minutes to start up.
My conclusion : perfect surroundings, possibilty to reach perfection but management should start playing in first league instead of letting things go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Son Julia boutique hotel is the perfect hideaway to escape from your daily routine. This 15th century mansion, located in the idyllic countryside of Mallorca, has an atmosphere of elegance and tranquility. With its beautiful 300 year old rambling garden, inviting terraces and patio, this boutique hotel offers many facilities for both individual guests and families alike.With only 25 spacious rooms and suites this is the perfect environment to either unwind or to power up with sporting activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Son Julia Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Hotel Llucmajor
- Son Julia Country House Spain/Llucmajor, Majorca