We had an amazing trip to Cala Pi and Trip advisor was really helpful as it offers a number of views. For what it's worth this is mine:
Firstly, you have to decide what sort of holiday you want - busy / quiet / family etc. We were going for some peace and quiet and to keep away from the 'lively' club scene given we have 3 girls under 11 - so it was perfect for us. It's mainly full of families and a really good mix of people from lots of countries.
Getting there: Cala Pi is about 40 minutes from Palma by transfer and you can do this privately for about 80 euros but we had the transfer included in our holiday so this was good. You can also get the hire car from the minute you get there and it will save you the transfer cost.
It's an easy drive although if you haven't done it before and it's late at night you have to watch for the right turnings.
Accommodation : the apartments are lovely and if you like self catering are well kitted out. Most of them are 2 bedroom but they also have 3 x 3 bedrooms although they don't advertise these so you have to book direct before you go. Check the onagrup website.
Food: we went half board as it was the first time we'd been here. Breakfasts are filling and in the evening There is a really great selection with grilled meat or fish every night as well as pasta, vegetables, bread and salads. Lots of deserts too so you'll get your money's worth.
Staff: are all friendly and helpful. Special mention of the great kids club which was a real bonus. Angel does a great job with a brilliant team in Cesar, Natalie and Magde. They really made it lots of fun for the kids. Keep it up!
Sights and where to go / what to do : we rented a car from the hotel for about 150 euros for 3 days and went to the monastery and also the Sineu market then over to the caves of Drach. I'd recommend the caves as key were quite special - not that cheap but quite amazing.
We also had a day in Aqualand which was brilliant and a must if you like water slides.
Beaches : the cove beach at Cala Pi is gorgeous and we were lucky enough to see a Ray swimming there which was awesome. Es Trenc is also relatively close and whilst it can be quite busy it's a gorgeous beach and absolutely worth going to see. Take an umbrella if you don't want to hire one there (it's about €16) and parking is about €6.
Overall - brilliant holiday for us - would highly recommend it to others looking for somewhere to get away from it all and spend time as a family. you can do it all cheaper if you book the segments direct with flights / accommodation / transfers / food etc but we wanted to do it easily so booked it all through lastminute
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The holiday complex Ona Cala Pi Club Majorca is located in a beautiful place in the south-east of Majorca, 30 minutes away from Palma, the capital of the island, and 20 minutes away from the airport and very good transport connections. The holiday complex has 118 fully equipped apartments with a complete kitchen, direct line telephone, a satellite TV and a safe, magnificent view over the sea and pinewoods, thanks to its unique S- shaped architectural structure. Cala Pi Club is perfect both for relaxation and sports activities that you can enjoy with your whole family. Excursions, trekking, nearby beaches, and a wide choice of different activities make this resort perfect to pass unforgettable holidays. The facilities include WI-FI Internet, gym, playroom, swimming pools, outdoor jacuzzi, a children's playground, a mini club (in summer) supermarket, and the best choice of food that you can enjoy either at the elegant high gastronomy restaurant or in the cafeteria that offers a wide selection of snacks and fast food- favorite meeting point with a beautiful terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ona Cala Pi Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cala Pi Club Hotel Llucmajor
- Cala Pi Hotel
- Hotel Cala Pi
- Ona Cala Pi Club Spain/Llucmajor, Majorca