We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights on an all inclusive basis. I travelled with my sister and my two girls aged 7 and 3. We got an excellent deal from Alpharooms.
Location: This hotel is approximately 15-20 minutes from the airport and about 15 minutes away from the nearest beach (C'an Pastille/S'Arenal). As neither of us were confident enough to drive, we had a few day trips out to the beach via taxi. This was approximately 20 euros one way. We didn't mind that it was a bit out of the way, as we wanted a quiet, relaxing holiday but it does work out costly to travel by taxi (there are no bus services). There is a car hire desk in the hotel (Sixt) for those wanting to hire a vehicle. A minibus service to C'an Pastille/S'Arenal, would be a great addition to this hotel.
Rooms: Our room was exceptionally clean and modern with air conditioning. Soap, shampoo, bath soak, conditioner and body lotion provided and replenished regularly. Towels changed every day. In our room we had two double beds and luxury pillows -no problem getting off to sleep! Very well maintained and decorated. TV with English channels - ITV, BBC, etc. Iron, iron board and hairdryer as well as a free safe. Although there were two adults, there was only one bathrobe in the room but this was not an issue because it was too hot for them anyway! I am sure they would have brought another to the room if we wanted one. As we were all inclusive we had a fridge with water, Lager and Coke. Lots of wardrobe space. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room. The walls are quite thin and I did worry about the children disturbing others but otherwise, I couldn't fault the rooms at all.
Meals/Restaurant: We stayed on an AI basis and we felt this represented excellent value for money. Breakfast - a good selection of fruit, cheese, ham, croissants, bread, jam, cereals, etc. Eggs cooked fresh - scrambled, poached, fried, omlettes etc. There was usually streaky bacon and chipolata sausages, beans and tomatoes. Lunch consisted of a good selection of salad, ham, cheese, pasta, selection of breads and then paella, pasta, fish, chicken nuggets, chips. Show cooking every day at lunch and dinner and the menu changed daily. Desserts usually a choice of 2-3 cakes and fresh fruit. In the evenings there was a barbeque every night with a selection of fish/chicken/sausages/baked potatoe/sweetcorn/burgers etc and then inside there was always pasta/paella/ selection of vegetables/chips or potatoes/salads/cheese/pate/
selection of breads etc and desserts the same as lunch time. There was even freshly cooked lobster one night. There was always a good selection and we all enjoyed the food. The only problem here was that the food wasn't always kept hot enough but from the responses I have seen on trip advisor, it does look like the hotel are addressing this issue.
Drinks: I was impressed by the AI drinks menu - almost everything was included apart from champagne and a 20 year old cognac. All the named spirits were included. As far as I know, there were no snacks available on the AI plan and there were only small tubs of ice cream included from the pool bar. It would be nice if the children could have at least had a choice of an ice lolly/ice pops.
Gardens/Outside area:The surroundings were beautiful and very well maintained. It was a really lovely safe place for the children to play and run around in. There was a lovely little adventure playground next to the pool. The pool area was well maintained and the lifeguards (especially the young lady) kept the area very clean and tidy. Sunbeds were usually taken up by around 11.
Kids: There was a kids club just being set up as we arrived. The kids really enjoyed being with Paco, Veronica and Sebastian. The kids were always kept in the shade and amused with a variety of activities and games. You could see the children playing whilst relaxing around the pool. I could see that the kids club was developing and more kids were joining in every day.
Entertainment - not available every night. The kids loved the spanish dancers and I really enjoyed the chillout music. There was a very relaxed, chill out feel in the evenings. There wasn't a mini disco every night but we didn't miss it to be honest. The kids were happy to just make friends and run around outdoors.
Staff: All the staff we dealt with were brilliant. From the cleaners to the managers, they were all very friendly and welcoming. Check in staff were efficient, knowledgeable and very helpful. Restaurant staff were excellent. Kids club staff brilliant. I have read a review where someone has said there were no lifeguards but when I was there, there was someone present every day.
From the other reviews, it is clear that there have been some teething problems since the hotel changed to Iberostar but from what I could see, the staff were extremely pro-active, helpful, hard working and pleasant and it looked like they were interviewing for more staff and there were new staff being trained in the restaurant.
All in all we had a fabulous time at Son Antem. I would highly recommend this hotel and would most definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel invites you to discover a 5* golf and spa hotel on Majorca, created especially to provide fabulous luxury holidays in the Mediterranean. Offering all the comforts you could wish for, the sophisticated Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel boasts the most amazing atmosphere on Majorca, as well as professional personalised service from the friendly staff and top quality facilities. A hotel designed for those seeking something extra special. The hotel is situated just 15 minutes from Son San Joan Airport, a short distance from the city of Palma and the island’s finest beaches. A spa, golf course, luxurious rooms, children’s facilities and services…Enjoy the experience of staying at the Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel and you’ll be left with unforgettable memories. • A golf hotel on Mallorca: the Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel offers you two golf courses. These 18 hole courses, featuring state-of-the-art facilities situated in an incredibly peaceful setting, are an authentic haven of calm set against a stunning natural backdrop. The hotel also boasts one of the island’s largest golf academies and organises lessons for golfers. • Services and facilities for all: special services for children, a Kids Club, modern facilities, spacious rooms, entertainment programmes and outstanding service from the friendly and helpful staff make the Be Live Collection Son Antem Hotel one of the finest options for a family holiday or a romantic break. • Relax in the Spa: if you are looking for a relaxing holiday with your partner or friends whilst enjoying the true essence and spirit of the Mediterranean, our hotel with spa has everything you could wish for: a heated pool and holistic zone designed to boost wellness and enhance relaxation…indulge in a little pampering with the finest treatments and luxury facilities. In addition, you can take advantage of the superb facilities and sports offer to help you get in shape, including a 24 hour fitness room, tennis, volleyball and jogging. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Be Live Collection Son Antem reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mallorca Marriott Son Antem Golf Hotel Llucmajor
- Mallorca Marriott Son Antem Golf Resort And Spa
- Marriott Vacation Club Llucmajor
- Mallorca Marriott Son Antem Hotel
- Marriott Lluchmayor
- Llucmajor Marriott
- Be Live Collection Son Antem Spain/Llucmajor, Majorca