“Brilliant!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Llucmajor
Welwyn, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My family and I just got back from our holiday at the Marriott Vacation Club in Son Antem. My husband and I were apprehensive about how our 5yrs old and 2.5yrs old daughters would cope with a week in the villa but upon arrival, it was very quick to see that it was home away from home.

The drive from the airport was very short (20 mins) and very straightforward. The island is just a beauty and it didn't matter that the resort wasn't on the beach, we were always a 20 mins drive to any beach nearby! We quickly settled into our 2 bed villa upon arrival and my 5 years old disappeared for over an hour just exploring the villa. The villas are very clean and well stocked with very good value crockery and white goods that I was very happy to do some laundry, something I've never done on holidays before.

As with most Marriott resorts, the market place stocked freshly baked goods every morning from around 7:30am and luckily we had seen comments from other people about requesting villas close to the Iberostar hotel and reception so we were in the 800 villas which was a nice walk to almost anywhere on the resort in the beautiful weather. The beds were as always with Marriott, something to look forward to every night too.

Staff were as always, very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable and the villas were given a daily clean.

Only negatives for me personally are as follows:
1) not being able to leave the kids out alone in the garden for fear of them going to the poolside alone since there was no barriers between each individual villa's garden

2) The pools near the resort were cold and I didn't think they were the most appropriate for very young kids due to the depths.

Otherwise, it was an absolutely unforgetable holiday with my beloved family and I would visit again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Hire a car/bicycle (for the avid cyclers) to get the best out of your stay here.
1 Thank Burtacup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Czech first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have just come back from a week at this Marriott Vacation Club and what an amazing week we had. Could not fault the Townhouses at all had everything in that you needed. Maid came everyday and left it spotless. The grounds to the resort are well maintained and the pool areas are great. We loved the main pool as the water was warmer than the townhouse pools. Spa area is fab too. All staff where really friendly .We ate in the clubhouse a few times which food was lovely but my only fault is the waiter service is really slow. We waited at least 20 minutes one day for a drink and the restaurant was not busy. Apart from this I could not fault this resort. Looking forward to visiting here again.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a Townhouse closer to clubhouse.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scouse
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed here this past weekend. We have 4 children so the Marriott Vacation Clubs have been wonderful. We have lots of space. The beds are beyond comfy & having a full kitchen & washer & dryer is great! There are tvs in the main room & the bedrooms but only one or two channels that are for children. The Disney channle is only in Spanish & cannot be turned to any other languages. There is wireless internet but our signal was very weak & went out constantly . The dishwasher was awesome! My son'ds cups have never looked so clean! We arrived very late, around 11pm, & were very disappointed that there was no food available. We were directed to the Iberostar Son Antem (formerly Marriott hotel). After a very long walk there we found out that their kitchen was no longer open which was contrary to what the front desk had been told when he had called earlier. At check in we were given a schedule for the kids club. We have stayed at 3 other VC in Europe & my girls (6 & 10) LOVE going to them! I was VERY disappointed to find out that they only offer the kids club FIVE days a week & are closed on Sundays & Mondays. I had requested a townhouse close to the main pool/restaurant. We were given one in the 500 block which was a VERY LONG walk & we did not have a car. It took 15-20 minutes to get to the main pool/restaurant each day. These townhouses were also going through annual maintenance so there was quite a bit of noise. The thermostat did not work properly so it was either freezing or too hot in our place. The people in the townhome next to ours had a VERY LOUD child. On our second night I was awakened numerous times because that child was crying & the father's voice was very loud. We had our windows closed too. At one point I actually woke my husband thinking someone was in our townhouse! We had a 2 bedroom townhouse. There were 2 bathrooms but BOTH were upstairs. Not exactly ideal for a family with kids. The shower door in the master squeaked. The shower in the kids bathroom had white tile with lots of black on the grout. It also leaked. We had a package that included a grocery breakfast each day. When we arrived in our unit the main ingredients were already stocked in the room. Eggs, cheese, yogurt, milk, juice, baguette, coffee, tea, sugar, butter were included. While some of these items were perfect, it seemed to be a waste since we did not use 1/2 of them. :( We did enjoy the daily pastries that were included. We had a fresh baguette, 2 chocolate & 2 plain croissants, & 4 pastries of our choice each day. They were fresh & warm & delicious! I think that was one of the highlights!!! Our first morning included a full English breakfast. Unfortunately we did not receive it. We went down & were asked what kind of eggs we wanted. I asked for chorizo & was told they only had it cold on the buffet. The buffet was small. It included apples, pineapple, melon, yogurt, croissants (chocolate & plain), cereal, baguette, cheese, & a few thinly sliced meats. My children are used to the usual VC buffets & were disappointed that there were not pancakes, waffles, & bacon. The waiter we had the first day, Ruben I think was his name, was GREAT! He was friendly & attentive. After that whenever we went to the restaurant we had a British guy. He was less then attentive & almost rude. We waited each day between 45-60 minutes for food & we ordered sandwiches & salads!!! I even asked for our food to come fast because with 4 kids, that wait time does not work well. The food was mediocre at the restaurant. Vista Verde was the on site restaurant. There is another called La Finca but we did not eat there. It is not part of the resort. We were really excited to use the pool as it was heated!!! The lifeguard was very nice but spent his time inside manning a desk & not really guarding the pool. There is a large indoor-outdoor pool. My family really enjoyed it. The indoor pool has different sections, one to lay back & relax & another to sit & both have jets that come on sporadically. The outdoor pool also had a standing jetted area & a little lazy river that my boys loved! The pool opens at 8am but does not allow children until 11am. It closes at 9pm everyday which I thought was quite early. We were pretty disappointed the first day after walking 20 minutes to get there, waiting 60 minutes to eat dinner only to get "kicked out" of the pool at 9pm.
There is a spa on site, but it also has limited hours. It is NOT open on Saturdays & Sundays!!! I was hoping to do spa time with my girls since they advertised) on the web a kids spa package. When I asked the staff, they had NO IDEA what I was talking about. My girls & I were again disappointed. A golf/family resort with NO spa facilities on the weekend!!!! Crazy!
We were able to take a tour off porperty. We did the 1/2 day Majorica & Caves of Drach tour. It was a lot of fun & we enjoyed seeing more of the island. The resort is kind of in the middle of no where so without a car you are stranded. Since the kids club wasn't available on Sunday (BIG LET DOWN) we took 2 cabs into the town of Palma to the aquarium. That was great. For a family of 4 it was 76 euro but it was huge & had both indoor & outdoor attractions. That was GREAT & it was right near the boardwalk so we were able to walk along the beach & eat by the sea. A taxi to the aquarium from the hotel was 25 euro each way. Because we have 6 people in our family we needed 2 taxis so it cost us 100 euro to go to town.
Another thing to note is that the resort does NOT sell any type of medication. I had hurt my arm & my husband went to the front desk & to the little market to get me Tylenol (or something similar) I was in a lot of pain & after walking the 20 minutes tot he market only to be told they are not allowed to sell pain killers, he walked to the front desk & had to take a cab into town which cost 20 euro & the resort ATM ran out of money so my husband had to ask the taxi to stop at a bank in town to get euro!
Now onto the marketplace. It is SMALL! The pastries are wonderful! I mean warm crusty bread & croissants, how can you say no?!?!? I was disappointed in the size though. The resort has over 200 townhomes & all have BBQ facilities. There was nothing in the market you could grill. They did not have any swim floats for children either just a few large rafts. The food selection was slim & many items were not in stock. The resort was at 93% capacity & the market was not expecting a shipment for days. If they don't stock items to grill, it would be nice if there was a place that could deliver them. Without a car you are trapped.
Back to the restaurant. They were also sold out of many of the food items. We ordered sandwiches & were informed they were out of fries yet we were still charged full price for our entries. My 6 year old ordered chicken nuggets & they brought a plate of 5 nuggets, that were overcooked & we waited almost an hour to get, & charged 6,50 euro for it! I had requested chips as a replacement & was told that was fine but never got them. Like I said earlier, the British waiter was not great. He was quite attentive to the golfers though making sure they had drinks & food within 15 minutes.
The front desk staff was very nice & friendly. Petra helped coordinate transportation to & from the airport for us & our excursions. Abraham drove us around a few times & helped my husband with our luggage at check out. He was funny & a pleasure to interact with. The main pool was lovely & we really enjoyed it but wished it had been open later. The restaurant was mediocre, the British waiter was rude, Ruben the waiter/bartender was friendly, the pastries in the market were great, the shopping selection was poor, there was no room service even though I had read on the site that there was, kids club was not 7 days a week & required reservations so my girls only went once, the townhouses are pretty but the walls are thin & unless you are in the 600 block or have a vehicle be prepared to walk! I do not think this is a family friendly resort as I think it caters to golfers more. I enjoyed my vacation but I will not go back. I'd rather go to a resort where we feel welcomed as a family. The Estepona VC is the best we've been to with Marbella a close 2nd. Son Antem was a last minute booking & honestly I wish I had gone to one of the others.

Room Tip: If you go ask for a room in the 600 block or make sure you have a vehicle! Also ask ahead if there a...
2 Thank Mom2Fourkiddos
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Club Son Antem, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Club Son Antem. We apologize your recent stay did not meet your expectations and would be happy to speak with you further about your visit. At your earliest convenience, please contact our Customer Care team at Customer.Care@vacationclub.com or at 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your feedback.
Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2014

lovely place very peaceful, only negative is the maids only clean the toilets, make the bed and give fresh towels. I have been to a few vacation club resorts and the normally change bedding and clean floors showers bath sink etc.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here for a week in March. The staff throughout the stay were excellent and the rooms were serviced every day. There was a small welcome pack on arrival. Each villa has a single parking space outside. Broadband quality and speed was excellent although there were no spare power sockets downstairs for iPads, laptops etc. There is a small marketplace on the site but the first time I looked for it I couldn't find it. The sign was outside the spa area but the entrance was actually round the corner and through an unmarked door ..... There is a decent Lidl nearby anyway and you'll need a car here unless you are just intending to play golf.
We didn't use any of the onsite facilities although we saw the tennis courts and I think there was a pool. I don't think this is a family resort though. We went to the restaurant once ("La Finca" I think) and were very disappointed - my food was overcooked and bland and certainly not the standard I'd expect from a Marriott.
Overall this is a nice resort that is probably aimed at couples rather than families. You need a car to get around as nothing is within reasonable walking distance but Palma is about a 15 minute drive and there is a good park and ride tube system. Anywhere else on the island is at most an hour away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Club Son Antem, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your positive review of Marriott’s Club Son Antem! As a loyal Tripadvisor contributor, we truly value your positive feedback and are glad our team exceeded your expectations. Finca Son Sama is actually a local eatery not owned or operated by Marriott, but we will share your thoughts with our concierge team. We appreciate your kind words and hope you visit us again soon!
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week at Son Antem.....couldn't have been more pleased with our townhouse. It had everything we needed, was well furnished (the most comfiest of beds!!!) Beds were made, clean towels provided and the villa tidied on a daily basis. The staff were so friendly and helpful. The grounds were immaculate and a golfers paradise....we didn't play but still enjoyed the surroundings!! There are many mini pool areas dotted throughout the resort besides a larger main pool and spa area...a very well thought out resort. The resort is fairly large and spaced out, but was of no consequence to us....we liked the fact that it wasn't all built on top of each other!! A car is required to explore this beautiful island. We shall return as soon as possible to soak up the delights of the resort and the island...visit....you won't be disappointed!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Club Son Antem! We are glad to hear you had a great time at the resort and loved the comfy beds. We hope you can visit us again and thank you for your review!
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I bought a Time - Share here 8 years ago mainly because of the Spa facilities - which were amazing! Regrettably, they have drastically reduced theHolistic area by at least a third in size, if not more! Two steam rooms, two aromatherapy baths, a mosaic warm room, have all been closed off - literally by plastering-off their entrance doors. This Son Antem calls refurbishment - stating we no longer have to pay the reasonable entrance fee to use what is left. There is already a very nice public sauna, stream-room and two hot tubs any way! The treatments area now closes at 5pm, and 7pm from March till October. And is now closed over the weekends - so don't plan for a Spa weekend or massages after a game of golf. When we stayed there in February there was only one receptionist and one masseuse - there use to be at least 3 receptionists and five masseuses and close at 9pm. The latest massage or any other treatment we could book was 2.00pm (the only therapist had to leave by 4pm). There was no honest warning about this brutal reduction (other than refurbishment) - I feel we have been miss-sold or perhaps deceived! It's like joining a golf club and then to find later on, five of the holes have been removed permanently for refurbishment! My husband has complained to the resort manager - but has received no reply. Nonetheless, I might add the ground staff are professional and very helpful.

Room Tip: This was use to be my Spa Haven, the treatment prices are no longer competitive and the choices are...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of Marriott's Club Son Antem. Based on owner feedback, we have made the area free of charge for all owners and kept the most popular bath areas, the foot baths and the relaxation area. Our team always welcomes feedback and will share your comments with the appropriate managers. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llucmajor
Hilton Sa Torre Mallorca
Hilton Sa Torre Mallorca
#1 of 9 in Llucmajor
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Castillo Hotel Son Vida, a Luxur...
#8 of 73 in Palma de Mallorca
Protur Biomar Gran Hotel & Spa
Gran Hotel Son Net
Gran Hotel Son Net
#1 of 1 in Puigpunyent

Been to Marriott's Club Son Antem? Share your experiences!