Marriott's Club Son Antem
Finca Alegria(Llucmajor)
  • Breakfast included
Finca Gomera(Llucmajor)
Son Sampoli(Llucmajor)
All reviewson siteson antembed villagolf coursemarriott vacationplay golfhome from homela terrassewasher dryeronsite restaurantmarriott ownersstayed here for a weekliving areatennis courtsmaster bedroommins from airportvilla pools
Reviewed June 25, 2013

As an owner I use my week every year in Son Antem.
As we have gained more experience travelling in Majorca we hire a car and get out and about.
Although located inland and with very little around except the two golf courses it does provide an excellent location for heading out to many of the beautiful coves etc scattered throughout the island.
Typically we would visit the east and north east coastal hot spots, Palma and its surrounding, Andratax and around, Peguera, Valdemossa and maybe Soller. Centrally located this keeps journey times reasonable.
The villa pools are sparklingly clear and maybe coolish but once swimming they are great.
The hotel pools were somewhat murky looking and not as nice but they are much warmer.
Iberstar is the new owner of the hotel and from my experience there is no attraction anymore to Marriott owners and guests using the hotel bars etc. as not that welcoming and definitely overpriced.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Peter B
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time at Son Antem and we really loved it. Being home owners at Marriott Beach Club in Marbella we know the concept and what to expect. It looked a lot like in Marbella (not that I really like the style), but you have everything you need for a great vacation as a family with a small kid. The only thing I found a bit lousy was the cleaning. They can certainly do better than this. The dining table of glass was never cleaned properly during the entire week, except for what we did ourselves. The floors got more and more dirty which was a problem due to the ants.

The resort itself is beautiful - we don't play golf, but the fields were amazing, and I could imagine being a golf player it must be nice walking out there all day. There were several walking/running paths and it was really nice having the possibility to walk without really leaving the resort.

Service was tip top as well. Had to go to the hospital same night we arrived and the staff made sure to tell me which hospital I should go to and called me the day after to check if I was all right. This makes you feel really special and was highly appreciated. Besides that I found that the help desk needed to be more on top of the things knowing more about the hotel. Called a couple of times to ask if kids were allowed in the inside pool and the girl didn't even know. Had other incidents like this and was a bit surpriced.

Least but not last was a bit upset about the life guards at the inside pool area. Kids were not allowed in the jacuzzis by the inside pool (which I in first place don't understand, this is not the case in Marbella), but of course we accepted this rule. Only once when we were alone at the inside pool area, only on other couple sitting in the other jacuzzi we brought our daughter to the other jacuzzi and she was sitting still just enjoying the warmer water, one of the life guards threw her out of there for no reason. She really did no harm, as we were the only ones in there and the life guard couldn't even tell us why they were not allowed in the first place. I found it a bit small-minded and my daughter had a hard time understanding why she was not allowed in there!

Besides this we loved staying at the resort and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maikench
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beautiful place. The villas are nice 3 bed room. large room, fully equipped kitchen, a good size garden with BBQ facilities. each 4 or 6 villas share a large pool. The villa pools where a bit cold to use for the kids as we went in the first week of June, but the Spa pool is warmed, half of it is indoor and the other half is outdoors. It is usually quite with only few kids there. The girls in the kids club are fantastic and out kids enjoyed their activities. There is not much in the area so if you are spending a week it is worth having a car. Palma is 15-20 minutes away. and also you have the option to drive and explore other parts or Mallorca.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Yazanmas
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you want to rest and play golf--and also to see Mallorca for the first time. We have been to Marriott Vacation Clubs all over the World. The desk people here were clealy among the very best in attitude and competence. If I lived in Europe, I would stay here very often. The views on the north shore approach the incredible Hawaiian vistas. The "mountain" drives are spectacular and remind me of those in Colorado--but not as scary! There is a good content of both ancient and more modern European history. We were amazed by the Cactus garden south of Luc Major and the Club. Unless you just want to rest at the Club and play golf, you really need to rent a car. The rates are surprisingly good. Also, the car will give you convenient access to the Super Markets in Luc Major and some excellent restaurants.

Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank John19421965
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have been coming here now for ten years and we love it still.
We have our bad years but on balance we have had more great than disappointing. This year the Hotel has gone but the service that we have had this year has been the best ever. Maybe we have had more focus because of it? Same time again next year? definitely!!!!
Only one negative comment the golf is becoming very expensive especially during the recession.

• Stayed: June 2013