I have just returned from Las Palmaras and previous reviews tell how good these apartments are. This is true - they are clean, pleasant and the general layout is spacious.and not cramped in any way. There is a large, clean swimming pool and never a shortage of sunbeds. The bar staff and management are friendly and helpful and it's very peaceful and quiet. However, I really felt there was something missing - enough for me not to give it an excellent rating. Somehow it lacked heart - perhaps it could have done with someone playing a piano or guitar of an evening in the lounge, just to have some form of entertainment. Also, for those doing self catering a small shop on site may be a good idea as shops aren't that close. I feel a car is essential because when the weather is unsettled, as was the case for our stay, you definitely need something to do and places to see. The island itself is lovely and we visited some beautiful places. We did enjoy our stay overall and I hope I'm not being too unkind with my comments, but just felt something was lacking - as mentioned, the weather wasn't great, so it could have been the sunshine too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Las Palmeras Complex is situated in the upper part of the Resort, next to the wonderful Nature Area of Rafalet and 600m from the center with it's shop's, supermarket, diving center and the small bay of S'Algar. The complex has 72 apartments with 1 double bedroom. They are all very bright and have a pleasant terrace, double bedroom with 2 single beds next to each other, a living-dining area with 2 sofa beds (80 x 170 cm), kitchen and fully equipped bathroom. They are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, an equipped kitchen including a refrigerator, glass-top stove and microwave, fully equipped bathroom featuring a bathtub with shower and hairdryer, Wi-Fi (fee) and safe (upon request, for a charge). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your PortBlue Las Palmeras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Palmeras Apartments Hotel s`Algar
- Las Palmeras Apartments s Algar
- PortBlue Las Palmeras Spain/Minorca