“Fabulous”

Relaxia Los Girasoles
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here with my partner 14/19 to 25 10/2013. The bungalows are fantasic, very spacious. and well maintained. All the staff are helpful and courteous, even providing me with a hairdryer for the duration of my stay, when my own packed in, at no cost . The couple who run the on site bar were vey nice , nothing was any trouble to them , and the catering was very good and reasonably priced. We had a problen with our shower head , which was replaced within hours of reporting the fault to reception. The pool area, and gardens are very clean and well maintained.
The only fault I could find was that our fridge didn't keep our milk fresh so we had to purchase milk on a daily basis.
The Yumbo centre is about a two minite walk, with plenty of shops and bars, and the beach is about 10-15 mins walk downhill.
We will definately return to this accomodation in the future.

Room Tip: End bungalows have more outside space
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janis m

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I've been to Playa del Ingles a dozen times or so and walked past and admired these bunglalows many times. So when they came up cheap I booked them. However appearances from the front can be deceptive. There are some good points so I'll start with them:
The bungalows are modern and recently refurbished. They are spacious and simply decorated with flat screen television.
They are excellently located, 2 minutes to the Yumbo and a 10 minute walk to beach. Perfect..

However, there are a few issues about these Bunglalows:
There is a 25 Euro extra cost to use the Wifi - I've stayed in cheaper places and they don't charge.
The pool is small, and I mean small! 7 people in it and its crowded! The terrace for sunbeds is also very small. By the time all the sunbeds are out it feels very crowded. It isn't particularly nice either.. We ended up going to the beach most days. Sunloungers all modern and plenty of umbrellas and stands.
The pool bar was shut the entire time we were there (2 Weeks). There was a note on the shutter and seemingly 'the owner was ill'. He was so sick he even emptied the ice cream freezer of its contents! This meant we were constantly having nip out if we wanted a mid afternoon beer or bite to eat.
Lifeguards on duty at the pool was very strict - no lilos in the pool, no balls, despite even if the pool was empty.
The staff weren't particularly friendly, from the cleaners to the receptionists.
The rooms were cleaned everyday other than Sundays and Wednesdays. Half cleaned I should add. Towels every other day. However, we got fresh towels on the Friday morning, we didn't get clean ones until Monday lunchtime after having to ask!
Are room was at the back and looked out onto the road. I wouldn't say that I'm a light sleeper but there was a lot of noise of traffic and party goers all night.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. There are nicer, cheaper places than this.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael L
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everyone asks why I will always re-Playa del Inglés and the hotel in the hotel chain Relaxia Bungalow Los Girasoles. In these images is the answer to, the place is great. Staff Manuel, Dolores, Rosa, Juan and the rest of the group, they make this hotel a dream come true. The service is fantastic, that's why I come back here again always : )). I'm living the dream three weeks now : )).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Sampo2011
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Bungalows Los Girasoles we rested from 05/01/13 on 05/08/13. It was a fun week in Playa del Ingles? Bungalow recently refurbished, it is important for hotels in Playa del Ingles, there is a very old room stock. The bungalows are very clean, with an electronic key. The bungalows come with an electronic safe, for an additional fee of 15 euros per week. The bungalows are set new flat-panel televisions, free! But only four tv.programmy. The bungalows with new furniture, comfortable Cravath, large sofa and armchair, dining table and three chairs. There is a large terrace with furniture. There is a kitchen, a lot of dishes. The bad just a frying pan, even her eggs on the breakfast did not cook all burnt. There is no replacement :-(. On the territory there is no free internet, this week you have to pay 25 euros, it's a disgrace!. On site there is a small common swimming pool, with a lot of new sunbeds and parasols. Area is guarded around the clock. In the calm and quiet. From bungalows to Jumbo 5 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank strelez
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have just returned from staying at Los Girasoles and it's THE best accommodation I've stayed in whilst on holiday in Gran Canaria, having been there 5 times. The apartment was peaceful, spotlessly clean, spacious, modern and well decorated. The kitchen may have been compact but if you do decide to stay in for meals it has a fridge (with small freezer compartment), microwave oven (with grill), toaster, coffee machine (though no kettle), two ring hob and plenty of pots/ pans/ plates/ glasses/ cups and utensils. The surrounding gardens are beautifully well kept and the staff courteous and helpful. Don't be put off by comments that the clientele are of the older generation- it meant a quiet night's sleep- and that's despite a 4 minute walk to the Yumbo Centre! Great pool area with sun beds and a bar/ snack restaurant too. Yes you may have to wake the night desk person to let you in in the early hours but it's a VERY minor thing- and I never had to wait to get through the gate- at least you can be sure security is good. There is minor traffic noise on the road alongside some rooms, but it's not too distracting as there is minimal traffic flow. All in all a fantastic stay and from now on it will be my first choice whilst staying in Playa del Ingles. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 60- away from reception and the pool/ bar area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Malcoholic
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Booked via an online agent and no problems.

We are a professional young gay couple who wanted peace and quite, exactly what we got.

The bungalows can easily sleep 4 however restrictions at 3. The kitchen is basic but well equipped. Microwave, induction stove, fridge, toaster even a coffee machine.

Dining table inside and outside making dining options very easy.

Personally I rate it 3star. Only down side is the swimming pool is small. Those with family's would have a good time. Young couples who want the same, fraud not. Average age is 40 and over!

Book this accommodation and you're holiday will start well.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Paul W
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have just returned from 10 days at these bungalows and we're generally pleased with the accommodation. On arrival we were greeted by a very friendly Spanish lady - who unfortunately spoke no English. This being a resort catering generally for non Spanish nationals I would expect that English would have been a standard for reception. None the less we were made to feel welcome. There is another receptionist who works from 3pm who does speak English - however she doesn't have the same happy disposition as the the morning reception. We found her quite blunt and surly.
The bungalows are quite large, clean and well equipped. Clean bathroom and kitchen. Two large single beds in the bedroom which were comfortable. Bedding is changed every 7 days and towels every other day. Bungalows are cleaned every day and they even changed the covers on the sofabed and chair which is a new one on me! One negative would be the tv. Although no one goes on holiday to sit inside watching tv, there are no English language stations at all so if English is your only language, don't bother turning it on!
Safe hire is €2.50 a day. We did take a safe however having been, this is quite a secure complex as there is always someone on reception and would be happy not to have one if we go back.
Overall a positive stay, clean, no roaches, well equipped and well maintained.
Positives - regular towel changes, cleaned every day, close to Centro do Yumbo for bars, restaurants etc, unlimited hot water fork showers etc. good mix of age ranges, didn't seem to be a pensioner haven as per one previous review.
Negatives - Reception, small pool area
Overall very good and would go back.
Would also recommend going to the Yellow Rose restaurant nearby as have always had really good meals here with great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an end bungalow as you do get slightly more of a garden to sit out in.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
11 mi away
Hotel Rural Las Tirajanas
Hotel Rural Las Tirajanas
#1 of 4 in San Bartolome de Tirajana

Been to Relaxia Los Girasoles? Share your experiences!