“Wonderful find tucked away in Rome.”
Review of Al Bajniero

Al Bajniero
Reserve with
Al Bajniero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Ostia Antica
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A poche centinaia di metri dal sito archeologico di Ostia Antica e a pochi chilometri dall'aeroporto "L. Da Vinci" di Fiumicino, sorge la nuovissima struttura di "Al Bajniero". Adatta ad ospitare esclusivi banchetti, meeting o qualsiasi altro evento a seconda delle necessità.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We checked into the Ostia Antica Park Hotel late on a Tuesday evening. Not ready to go to bed, we decided to get a drink at the restaurant next door. This turned out to be one of the best decisions we made on this trip. The owner, who did not speak English, greeted us with a smile and showed us to a table. After out first bottle of wine, the chef, Andrea came out to chat with us. He knows enough English to engage in a conversation. He offered us some focaccia on the house and invited us back for his specialty, carbonara and tiramisu. He even agreed to pick up our favorite wine. We returned not only the next evening, but the evening after that as well. Andrea has a passion for cooking and it shows in everything we tried. Although we loved his specialties the best, everything we had was superb. We sat on the patio all three evenings. Delicious food, beautiful atmosphere, gracious host. What more could you ask for!

3  Thank paranuts

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ate here our first night in Ostia Antica. I had the ravioli and my wife cabonara. Both were excellent and the mix bruchetta was excellent. Very pleasant owner, and helpful staff.

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Andrea is the best chef . Special offers for us. Hand made pastas. Special pizzas what you have never eat before. Thanks

1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

I visited there by accident but it was the best part of my journey. I came there alone asking a table for one. I could feel the welcome kindness even though I did not understand what they were saying. I had one spaghetti and pizza. Every menu were reasonably priced and the son did not charge me the service charge saying it is already in his heart because there was some delay. So touched! I can say this place where real Italian cusines are is enjoyed by locals.

2  Thank SeJoon P
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We ate here on three separate occasions all dinners, for two of us including two courses, a litre bottle of water and a large beer it never went over 40 euros.
Brilliant service the waiter was great and spoke good english, we had a lady on the friday night and i don't think she spoke english but we were understood easily enough.
Very happy, friendly and smiling service all around, the food was wonderfuly we ordered two antipasti one night, one a fried dish and another sauteed mussells which my wife had to help me eat because the plate was HUGE! An italian woman behind us who ordered after also had the mussels and easily polished them off herself, so i believe it is intended to be for one person.
The pizza was fab and i was able to see the chef make it from start to finish, my wife loved the vegetable ravioli and tomato spaghetti.
Every night they had something different on in the main hall, dancing, singing etc. There is also a large television in the restaurant eating area which showed sports, movies and the news.

Highly recommended!!