eDreams
Priceline
Trip.com
StayForLong
Agoda.com
All reviews mini fridge sea view jetty tv tioman beach
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

We reach there on Tuesday 28th Dec16.
It was raining as it's monsoon season.
We took the bluewater ferry at rm35 per person and after 1.5hrs close to 2hrs we reach Tekek jetty. We then have to take 4wd which cost roughly abt rm70 p/pax. Nice malay uncle by the name Mr Rahman.

Upon reaching Juara we walked to Riverview Resort (which I heard lots of good review) but to my dismay it was closed as they said tt they dun operate on Monsoon period.

So we settled on Juara beach resort with a garden view. The room is basic with very comfortable 2 queen size bed. At only rm100 per night. There's aircon, mini fridge and heater (not really hot water just warm water).

To our dissatisfaction, there is this malay staff by the name of Seli who is very rude and sarcastic. We rent a bike from him as he is a part of Juara Beach, however he keep on complaining saying that I'm fat so I can't go on his bike with my hubby. What a rude guy! I feel so offended that he gave this type of service as he is on hotel line!! The whole 5d4n trip was uncomfortable as he keep on observe us on everything we do!!

I might come back to Juara again but NOT to Juara Beach Resort ever till tt malay guy is gone!!

Overall good trip as Juara really have good long private beach! Beware of sand fly coz they sure do are hungry for blood!! I was bitten and it itch so much!!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsFoong
Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

Decent room and shower. Breakfast is good. But there are no people during dinner. We went there in end October and it was nearly the start of Monsoon season, so it rained heavily on one morning. So we went to other places to eat. Good location near the beach. They have 4WD so you hire from them as well.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

It was really nice relax stay. Chalets are simple but comfortable wth fridge and hot water, in clean nice garden and just in front of beautiful beach, you can meet monkey on your roof. The only one minus is that you can hear neighbours in your chalet. I suggest to try food in restaurants around as very often they are cheaper and better. You need to remember it is small village far from everything with maybe 2 or 3 shops (with delivery once per week ;)) but there are few restaurants you can taste great food.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 265edytas
Reviewed October 4, 2016

everything was good except the cafe staff may not look friendly, I guess they just tired? but we don't mind them much because we do our own business! everything here was great! the food, the beach, the activity, snorkeling, best ride from tekek to juara, and from juara to snorkeling spot!
the wifi only available in cafe, use maxis if you want internet! only 3g connection here

Room tip: prepare mosquito repellent and beware of sand fleas
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

So we checked in for a few days, room was okay and everything was fine. It's my first time here in Juara but I've been to other parts of Tioman. I realized that 80% of people on Juara are either moody or have a long sour face. Things here are not that cheap compared to the rest of the island but yet people seem like they look down on you. The hotel staff as well are often rude or unfriendly, much like they constantly have something stuck up their ***. It's sad really, good rooms for the price, nice location but people here are a let down. I pity the big groups of tourist that come here. Sad. By the way, there are no Duty Free stores selling liqueur here except beers that the hotel sells. Any other you will have to go to Tekek, which will again cost you to go.

Date of stay: August 2016