Review Highlights
Beautiful just amazing

As a traveller, visiting new places being my life goal,..If you are a person who want start your... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2019
mclarennn
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
via mobile
Yoga

The yoga was very good because of the teacher who is perfect and the location in front of the sea... read more

Reviewed June 21, 2019
Alizee3080

All reviews yoga teacher jessie nature jungle snorkeling accommodation island tioman
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

My boyfriend and I came for a 5 day yoga retreat in February. The weather was so nice and calm ocean, we stayed in the "Granite Villa" which had amazing views of both the beaches in Juara. Breakfast and dinner was included, and we got a lot of fresh fruits from Soyok's father and there is no dieting so we eat a lot. :) Yoga lessons every day with Jessie were great, even my boyfriend who never tries before likes to do yoga with me now! We will like to come again and next time we stay longer, there is so many things to do on Tioman.

JalaRae, Owner at Ombak House, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

It was wonderful to have you with us Kirie, let us know how your home practice progresses! Hope to see you again next year, cheers!

Reviewed March 25, 2019

We had a lot of fun with Jessie, Soyok and our yoga teacher Renata. This multicultural trio were fantastic to spend time with and treated us like old friends from the get go.

Yoga was delivered at sunrise and sunset each day overlooking the beach...you could not hope for a more calming vista. For those like us who are not expert yoga people, Renata took the time to tailor her classes to meet our needs (in particular my tiny little hamstrings).

The accommodation was hand built by Soyok, right on the rocks of the beach, with the jungle trees stroking the rear and the waves lapping at the front. While there, you are a part of nature, so expect to make the odd acquaintance with a wild visitor.

In between yoga, Jessie and Soyok took the time to show us the island and the jungle. They also took us surfing, snorkeling and made time to hang out for the odd beer.

We absolutely loved our time on Tioman. But, if you are looking for 5* pampering this ain't the place for you. Instead, you will reconnect with your surroundings, converse with genuinely fun and interesting people, and leave wondering 'why does normal life have to be so difficult?'.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
JalaRae, Owner at Ombak House, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Hey Chris, Thank you for coming to spend your time with us, we truly enjoyed you two. Let us know how your home partner practice goes or if you need any pointer, cheers!

Reviewed March 17, 2019

caring and courteous hosts who devoted their time to my friend and me during our stay on the beach.The yoga was excellent and their cooking was delicious and healthy. We enjoyed several jungle walks with Soyuk who knows every plant and tree.

Date of experience: January 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 15, 2019

I booked a yoga session through Ombak house and was happy to pay in advance by Paypal. They didn't schedule a session but told me to just get there and plan everything else from there -- Fair enough, no need to make things complicated. I was then in touch with Ombak house throughout (on WhatsApp) but once on Tioman it turned out that they had left for KL and they put me in touch with the yoga teacher directly. We had a nice session with Renata but were told by her afterwards that Ombak House refused to pay her.

I'd brought a whole group of friends to Tioman to check out the clmbing. Sadly, this never happened since Ombak house, who knew our dates exactly, and were in touch by WhatsApp throughout but didn't bother telling me that they would shut down shop, despite having agreed to take us climbing and rent out equipment (To be fair: I was told by WhatsApp to ask around for a friend of theirs in the village instead who's 'not the best or most experienced climber, but can guide you to the wall and set up your toprope and belay' -- not exactly reassuring in a sport where you're entrusting your life to someone else's equipment, experience, insurance etc).

To be sure, I never met anyone from Ombak House. If you're in Tioman stop by and see for yourself but I'd caution against 1) advance payment and 2) taking their word for any arrangements -- they may not be around once you get there. I've been friendly and polite throughout, asking only for the teacher to be paid the money that I'd already transferred but communication turned from friendly to rude and threatening when I asked them to reimburse the teacher. Not communicating any details of their payment arrangement with Renata while we were on contact through WhatsApp between payment and after we'd taken the session is disingenuous at best, if not deliberately fraudulent.

1  Thank bilboin
JesseR1415, Owner at Ombak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2019

PayPal has decided in our favor after reading our WhatsApp messages with this customer, who has grossly misrepresented his version of the story after we reported him to the police for non payment of his activities.
We will not engage further in defending ourselves against the lies from a dishonest and scamming backpacker.

Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

Jessie and Soyok are the best hosts ever and made me feel like home in paradise! Great home cooked food, wonderful yoga, exciting surfs, kayaking from the ocean onto the river, snorkeling - so many wonderful things I have done at Ombak House.

The accommodation with fan was simple but had everything you need, plus it is located directly on the beach.

If you would like to kick back, have a bit of a digital detox and some great adventures come here to enjoy some island time at Ombak.

Thank you for everything Jessie and Soyok, more them happy to visit again!

Date of experience: November 2018
JalaRae, Owner at Ombak House, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Thank you Maleen, we're happy to host you and have a good time together!