“Laid-back and lovely!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tekek
Swiss Cottage Tioman
Ranked #1 of 4 Tekek B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A combination of a beautiful place, fine rooms, and friendly hosts (Richard and Stella) made our 6-night stay here a delight. We didn't get the beach chalets, but it didn't matter - the terrace rooms are nice. An interesting and eclectic set of fellow travellers were good value also! Our boat charter and snorkling trips were organised for us, breakfasts were varied and great, and the dive shop onsite is a big bonus. And the cats are fun. Overall Swiss Cottage is beaut! Would not hesitate to return! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Better views from beach chalets, but all rooms are good.
3  Thank Simon N
SwissCottageTioman, Manager at Swiss Cottage Tioman, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Simon,
Thank you for writing this review.
We enjoyed your stay at Swiss cottage!
It was a pleasure to share our passion for Tioman island with you.We loved the  fact that you enjoyed snorkeling and diving just as much as we do. You are an admirable family and we hope you will get to visit many more great places in this world, but it would be a real treat for us to see you here again someday.

Warm greetings from all of us!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great little resort, lovely beachside room, good food close by and Richard and Stella are really nice hosts. If you're coming to Tioman and you're staying in Tekek Village, don't bother looking for anywhere else, just stay at Swiss Cottage.

2  Thank Dan P
SwissCottageTioman, Manager at Swiss Cottage Tioman, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Hi Danports,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us and will hopefully be able to welcome you here again someday.

Kind greetings
From the Swiss cottage team

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Don't look any further as this is where you are going to stay if you visit Tioman!

The owners Stella and Richard are very nice! When we stayed in September they had help from Nikita as they went on a well deserved honeymoon, and she was also very sweet and helpful. Also the people who work at the property the family of Fohziah especially little Ika will steal your heart.

We stayed for 11 days in the beach bungalow and had the best 11 days ever!

Breakfast is simple but delicious and you'll enjoy a different dish each day.
We stayed in the Beachview Bungalow with ceiling fan. It was everything we hoped it would be. Spacious enough for the two of us. We had a small shower-room with western toilet,the shower contains warm water! We had a mosquito net above the bed. Towels, bedding and toilet-paper provided as were tea , coffee and a kettle. The place we spent most our time on was the large balcony that we shared with the other beach bungalow but you don't really notice your neighbors as everybody is just chilaxing anyway. We had company of the cats..a bit my own fault as i LOVE cats and I brought them treats from back home and at the local supermarket down the road they sell cat-food so I bought them food every day. The cats wont come near you if you don't like cats, they are the sweetest cats and very relaxed as they have loving owners and the best place to live. I really miss my cat friends!!

We dived with the lovely people of the tioman dive center , on the property of swiss cottage so if you wanna go diving you won't have to walk far, from our bungalow about 20 steps ;-)

If you're not a diver, no problem! the house reef is perfect to go snorkeling you'll see lots of different fish and if you're lucky even a turtle!
You can also rent a kayak!

If you like to do a long walk there is a path from the east to the west coast you'll end up in Jura its a 2,5hr walk. We did not do the trekking but we called a cab to bring us to the Turtle sanctuary in Jura, a must see if you go to the other side of the Island!

You don't go to Tioman to party but to relax.
There is only 1 bar 500m up the beach where you can chill drink a beer and have some cheap but good food! Restaurants and shops are 5min down the road.

As I write this review I realize i'm a bit 'home-sick' this is a place that i'm am definitely going to visit again.
(Dear Stella and Richard you own a piece of paradise I wish all the best for you and your cats!)

Room Tip: if you stay in the beach bungalow you'll sleep with the sound of the waves! Never been closer to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misses M
SwissCottageTioman, Manager at Swiss Cottage Tioman, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Wow! We are all very happy you had such a great time with us and the cats ;-) I bet they miss your treats.
Going in the rooms is normally a no no for the cats, but I guess they got lucky with you.
I promise to show you where their feeding spot is the next time you come over.
Thank you so much for writing such great things about this place and we are excited to have you here again soon.

Kind Greetings
From us and the cats

Reviewed October 30, 2012

After reading so many good reviews about this place, I decided to give it a try, and I was glad I did.

The Garden View Chalet was good space for the two of us, with our favorite feature being the outdoor balcony, where we had our meals. It was also a good place for some quiet reading and drinks. And being a cat-lover, I enjoyed having their company while they hanged out at the balcony.

The room was sufficiently sized and aircon was cool enough. Toilet was simple but clean. I was grateful for the good flow of hot water for shower. However, I had wished that more hooks were provided for towels and some clothes, and also perhaps, a holder for toilet paper and a cup for toothbrushes. I would also be happy to have more lights in the room, especially since it was decorated in red throughout the room. I could have opened the windows but it would mean losing some cool air.

I liked the simple modern designs that was consistently found in the premise. Breakfast was simple but deliciously made, and we totally enjoyed having it at the verandah, with some soothing music in the background. The atmosphere was relaxed and I could sit there for the longest time, and just enjoy the calm. Coming from the city, this was sheer therapy.

Having the beach just a min's walk away was certainly a plus point. I was actually lulled to sleep by the sounds of the waves, which I could hear clearly from my room. The beach was clean and a great place to hang out at.

It was a pity we didn't get to meet Stella who was out of town, but Richard was around to make sure we were okay with our stay. He gave us good information about being at Tioman, and was friendly and warm, no matter how busy he got.

I am hoping that I will get to reserve the seaview chalet the next time I return, and I will certainly be returning. For more of Swiss Cottage and Tioman

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SwissCottageTioman, Manager at Swiss Cottage Tioman, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Hi CW,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review it is always exciting to read what impressions people take home from their holiday.
We are looking forward to using this monsoon period to improve our rooms by adding small extras, for future guests to be more comfortable.
It is nice to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere in our communal area and that you found the music soothing.
I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet you too, but I am delighted to hear that Richard made your stay a pleasant one. Thank you for sending us your holiday photos and we would love to welcome you here again soon.

Many thanks from all of us

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We missed our ferry to Tioman – got so worried and rang Stella about it. Stella was so kind & we didn’t get charge for the 1st night. In normal circumstances, we would have been charged.

On our arrival, Stella & Richard served us hot coffee & we get to enjoy the delicious roti canai. Unlike other reviews, Swiss Cottage is a place for both divers & non-divers. There are so many things to be done.

We loved everything about the place – the room, food & friendly people in Tekek! Their cats are harmless but do watch out for the monkeys as I have witnessed a monkey picking on our neighbour’s chips & cookies. Their breakfast was simple but delicious – loved their banana pancake.

We had to leave early at 6.15am & our taxi was nowhere to be seen. I got so worried & ring the bell & woke Richard up from his sleep. I felt very guilty & we got a bigger surprise when Richard got on his bike & gave us a ride to the jetty. He dropped us off with our luggage– we had a 20” luggage & a dive gear bag. It was quite an experience & a big thank you to Richard.

To Stella, Richard & other staff in Swiss Cottage, thanks so much for your great hospitality & for giving us the best holiday.

Swiss Cottage is a great place with a 5 star service & highly recommended to all.

Tips to travellers: Don't forget to check the ferry schedule & their sea view bungalow sells like a hot cake. Please book in advance. :D

Hi cycg,
We appreciate all the positive things you have to say about us.
I agree with you that Monkeys can become vicious if they get in to a habit of being fed. We do not encourage them to come to our premises but they are very clever when it comes to finding their food.
Its wonderful to be surrounded by so much wild life but we also believe it is necessary to respect their natural habitat.The cats around our premises are all domesticated and fed twice a day. We only have two more cats to bring to the vet till we can proudly say that all our cats are
sterilized.
We hope there will be a way to organize sterilization programs for this island in future,as it is frustrating to watch sickly looking cats walking around the village.
Thanks again for writing this review! We are very happy to read you had a good time and hope you will be back for more banana pancakes.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for 4 days 3 nights and really enjoyed ourselves in Tioman. Stella & Richard greeted us upon arrival and ask us if were would like a drink. They were very welcoming and friendly! The place was comfy and you'll feel homely. Breakfast was nice. They served different kinds of breakfast every single day. We stayed in the Terrace non A/C room and I must say I was impressed though it was simple. It was really nice and comfortable for the two of us. There's hot shower too! But beware of mosquitoes at night, they'll bite you but not to worry as there are mosquitoes nets in the room. Cat lovers, this is the place for you. (: Swiss cottage is located at the end of kampung tekek so you either have to walk from the jetty which is quite a distance or you can take a taxi which prolly gonna take up only 5 mins, so I suggest its better to walk. There's restaurants if you would like to eat and stuffs but I would suggest you head down to Rozita's food place, its VERY nice. The food, the drinks, I would highly recommend it! There's bike for rental somewhere near swiss cottage area too so its easy for people to get around without having to spend much $$ on taxi's or renting a moped. Overall it was a nice place to stay! Highly recommend! (:

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Hakim428

Hi Hakim,
Glad you enjoyed yourselves in Tioman, despite the impressive rain showers we had when you arrived.The mosquitoes can get nasty after the rain but we are glad the nets helped. There is also a spray called OFF that you can buy on the island which I personally find most effective. But hopefully your next stay will not involve too many mosquitoes.The Bicycles are definitely the best way to explore the village and Rosita is yummy, friendly and extremely affordable.
Thanks for this review and the good advise. We appreciate it and others will too.
Hope to welcome you here again soon.

Kind greetings
From all of us!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

spent 3 nights in one of their clean and cozy chalets. The attention to details is really good and Richard and his wife (sorry, forgot the name) were very welcoming and friendly. Breakfast is included and cooked from fresh every morning which is a nice touch compare to boring stale buffets served elsewhere. The surrounding has plenty of green and nice plants all well maintained. The reception has a self service fridge always stocked up with fresh beer and soft drink. The beach is clean and there is a great diving school if you decide to get a PADI.We didn't but the snorkeling around there was good enough. The only bar in Tekek Cabana is only a few min walk down the beach which is handy for when staggering back in the evening. Good wild life too with (vicious) monkeys and massive monitor lizards not too far away. Seriously, this is your best best in Tekek don't bother look anywhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SwissCottageTioman, Manager at Swiss Cottage Tioman, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hey Francesco!
Thank you for this review.It was nice of you to express your appreciation when you were here.It makes us appreciate what we do and what we have here even more.
Glad you enjoyed the breakfast. You always know the food is good when the plates come back empty.Today we served some of the mango's that I managed to pluck before the monkeys got to them first.
Sadly we need to cut that Tree down for several reasons, but it will at least keep the monkeys away from throwing the mangos on the roof in the morning :-)
Wishing you all the best and hoping to see you again here someday.

Kind regards
from all of us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tekek
Japamala Resort by Samadhi
Berjaya Tioman Resort - Malaysia
Minang Cove Resort
Minang Cove Resort
#4 of 19 in Pulau Tioman

Been to Swiss Cottage Tioman? Share your experiences!