This was the best campsite we stayed at in terms of facilities. Excellent, the cleaning staff were always there cleaning the shower blocks, I twice saw a security guard strolling the grounds checking the tent pitches each evening. We stayed for 3 nights in a plus pitch which means you have access to water on site. We did not really use that. We were quite closely situated to the shower block which were well designed.
Both pools are amazing, and the fountain displayed at night near the entertainment area is a lovely feature. There is a lot of music entertainment, I saw dance lessons etc. It is a great campsite for families I can see why Alan Rogers camping booked mentioned it won their award.
Staff are definitely very efficient, all my emails were answered promptly. You recieve a little welcome pack when you arrive with maps of the campsite and a staff member takes you to your pitch. The campsite is huge but it doesn't feel huge. We were located in section D. The restaurant was great! We had already been to Paris, Toulouse and Lourdes but when we arrived we really felt the friendly, holiday fun park atmosphere.
The wifi here was terrible an unreliable at times and wouldn't work. I paid for 5 hours internet time that I could not use especially we our tent was in area D. Sometimes the connection was available and sometimes it wasn't. The lady in the souvenir shop said it would work all over the park. It didn't. You get an hour of free internet if you have a meal at the restaurant. The bar area is airconditioned and as a large tv screen for sports, Barcelona was playing Madrid so that was a very popular match that evening. The only other negative is just that it is a bit far away to get to Barcelona. We had to get two buses as the train was not running. We really liked staying here, it was the most expensive campsite we stayed at, but we would pay that again. Great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vilanova Park is located in Vilanova i La Geltru, 30 miles from Barcelona city center (train every 15 minutes), 3 miles from Sitges. It is instantly recognizable by its brand name and backed up by a reputation for good quality, en-suite accommodation in apartments, chalets, bungalows or caravans in a clean and comfortable environment. The services include restaurant, pizzeria, 2 pools (1000 sq. meter), spa center, golf (pitch & putt 18 hole), tennis, internet access and animation program in all seasons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vilanova Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vilanova Park Hotel Vilanova i La Geltru
- Vilanova Park Spain
- Vilanova Park Vilanova i La Geltru, Spain