We stayed 2 month in Ecuador in September for working in a hospital. We did many tours wirh Gulliver and because of that often visited and slept in Papagayo at the weekends. We liked it very much, so we came back nearly every weekend to escape from noisy Quito and relax in the phantastic quite nature around Papagayo. Of course we started different trips from Papagayo which we all can recommend. If you like horses, don´t miss a three day horseridingtrip through the near Cotopaxi nationalpark. The other tours are also good planed and exciting. ( Ilinizas, Quilotoa, biking at Cotopaxi) After a hard day on the horse or bike, you can relax in the yacuzzi and have a very god dinner in the restaurant. They offer various dishes which are all very tasty and not too expensive.
The service is always friendly, the rooms clean with a really good hot shower (not always easy to find in Ecuador).
You can use the internet for free and meet many different people from all over the world here. When I come back to ecuador this is the first place I will visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This colonial hosteria accommodation near the volcano Cotopaxi does not only offer magnificent views of the untouched countryside, but also gives you the possibility to experience the culture of the Andes local communities. Whether you just want to relax or to explore the landscape actively, our Hosteria is the best place to start. At the altitude of 3200m you can comfortably acclimatize and prepare yourself for the climbing of Cotopaxi, Ilinizas o Chimborazo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hosteria-PapaGayo South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostería Papagayo Cotopaxi
- Hosteria-PapaGayo South Ecuador/Machachi