We stayed there last weekend and it was a blast!
On arrival we were offered some coffee and had a nice talk with the staff. The food was great (try some potato soup and the hamburgers! delicious and fresh made), the staff is really friendly and is always in for some talking.
There's living room with a small fireplace and some games, so a great place for enjoying the evening.
We stayed at the Carolina room, a small but a super beautiful room, with hot shower, and two comfy beds. Next to it is the spa for some massages or jacuzzi.
The next day we went on a tour with Gulliver Expeditions to Quilotoa which was amazing. A great guide, a very interesting visit to an indigenous family, tasty almuerzo, and afterwards some hot chocolate and a great chocolate cake at PapaGayo made it a perfect day.
PapaGayo is also a good place for acclimatization, if you plan climbing the surrounding volcanoes. I highly recommend it for spending the night there between tours or just to enjoy some great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This colonial hosteria accommodation near the volcano Cotopaxi does not only offer magnificent views of the untouched countryside, but also gives you the possibility to experience the culture of the Andes local communities. Whether you just want to relax or to explore the landscape actively, our Hosteria is the best place to start. At the altitude of 3200m you can comfortably acclimatize and prepare yourself for the climbing of Cotopaxi, Ilinizas o Chimborazo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hosteria-PapaGayo South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostería Papagayo Cotopaxi
- Hosteria-PapaGayo South Ecuador/Machachi